• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuller House

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WjrG3Im.gif

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got off the phone with a Netflix executive guys. They're going to "strongly consider" the pilot and first season summary that I provided in the other thread. Here's the link I sent them explaining my ideas. This is more or less the same as what's in the other thread.

Imgur

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol,.......if you were a toddler when this Fkkn show was on you're excused,......if you watched this show from age-12 up and loved it = TURN IN YOUR MAN-CARD......"N O W"....!

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol,.......if you were a toddler when this Fkkn show was on you're excused,......if you watched this show from age-12 up and loved it = TURN IN YOUR MAN-CARD......"N O W"....!

All I can say is why on earth would they re-up this show?

Netflix must be desperate.......

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's why to entice people with your opinion of the original show to watch I suggested a darker more intense story line for the new season and pilot. I posted the link above if you want to get your mind blown.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got off the phone with a Netflix executive guys. They're going to "strongly consider" the pilot and first season summary that I provided in the other thread. Here's the link I sent them explaining my ideas. This is more or less the same as what's in the other thread.

Imgur
........now ,.......if bob sagat is "plowing" his hot daughters = I might watch....!?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
........now ,.......if bob sagat is "plowing" his hot daughters = I might watch....!?

He was plowing Kimmy Gibler, not his daughters. Who wouldn't pay $8.99 a month to see that?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the first season and read some reviews.

It is not a good show. Trying to mirror a kids show from the late 80s-early 90s with many of the references to that time and making it appeal to the same exact audience (20-something years older) doesn't work too well. They try to use many 80s-90s references and make modern references (cell phone usage, ipod/ipad syncing, etc) seem pointless. They rarely make modern day references but make a ton to 80s-90s.

They also want it to be more adult-oriented as their target audience is now adults. Mostly based on Stephanie (Jodie Sweetin), who is mimicking Uncle Jesse. Early on, there are a lot references to her big boobs. As I think about it, I think it is to get that out of the way early. I think it's them saying, "Yes, she has big boobs and Jodie was Stephanie in the original. Let's get it out of the way now as she is the bad girl."

Now, I see it is not a good show, but I still like it. I enjoy series that are reunion shows that I watched as a kid. Even if they are not reunion shows but shows that has a lot of references to past series (like Last Man Standing and Home Improvement). I think the acting is good and the chemistry is very strong. Many critics gave positive reviews on the chemistry, even in the worst of reviews.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the first ep, and the only thing worth while was Sweetin's rack. The jokes were stale and the acting was horrible.

If they decided to make this tvma, maybe I would watch. But as it is, I am not going to watch ep 2 or beyond.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the first ep, and the only thing worth while was Sweetin's rack. The jokes were stale and the acting was horrible.

If they decided to make this tvma, maybe I would watch. But as it is, I am not going to watch ep 2 or beyond.

If they would have gone with the season 1 story outline I submitted to them, we would have it and it would be amazing. Well, more amazing. Unfortunately I only spent a day as a writing consultant over at Netflix. Turns out they'll fire you if you demand to be paid in garbage bags filled with Candace Cameron's used panties.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went overboard with the Nostalgia in the first episode.
It made for a very unwatchable crap debut.

Other episodes supposedly get better....but the premier was a colossal dud of cheesefest nostalgia.
And that is the problem with Netflix, you don't get much ability to tweak the show accordingly.

Some shows give proper reference to the Nostalgia, but develop new characters with integration like the brilliantly under-rated Girl Meets World. It might be aimed at 12 year old girls, but it really does an amazing job of using the old nostalgia to hook you in without beating you over the head with it. Dads can watch with their daughters and enjoy it.

Fuller House was a C+ at best.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went overboard with the Nostalgia in the first episode.
It made for a very unwatchable crap debut.

Other episodes supposedly get better....but the premier was a colossal dud of cheesefest nostalgia.
And that is the problem with Netflix, you don't get much ability to tweak the show accordingly.

Some shows give proper reference to the Nostalgia, but develop new characters with integration like the brilliantly under-rated Girl Meets World. It might be aimed at 12 year old girls, but it really does an amazing job of using the old nostalgia to hook you in without beating you over the head with it. Dads can watch with their daughters and enjoy it.

Fuller House was a C+ at best.
I have been saying something similar to this for years. I do not know why Netflix dumps their entire seasons at once instead of rolling them out one ep per week like Hulu and Amazon do. Following Daredevil on here as the show develops would add so much more enjoyment, IMHO.

And it would encourage people to get the subscription and keep it (although, I have no idea what their cancellation rates are).

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the original series was cheesy as fuck. It was successful because it almost always had those great, life lesson-based endings.

I won't bother with the reboot.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how the "Christian" Cameron Candace bure would do the show knowing the sick jokes bob sages made about fucking the Olsen twins