• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuck

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Thursday my wife was driving the Escape and started hearing a dragging noise... called me and said "a pipe was broken" under the vehicle. Fuck. Got home after work, checked it out, the tailpipe had torn apart and the exhaust was dragging. I tied it back up with a wire hanger and brought it into the local repair shop... new muffler, tailpiece, flex coupling, and cat for $400, not too bad, but still sucks.

Today I had a small job to do, left late morning, went to work, and then got done around five. I stopped for food on the way home, and when I pulled into the driveway.. I saw the rear window of the Escape was completely smashed out. My wife and kids had been home all day, and didn't hear anything, but it had to have happened between 10:30AM when I left and 6:00PM when I got home... the fucking thing was mostly lying in the back of the truck, partially smashed all over the driveway. No rock, brick, etc lying around, so I'm not sure exactly what was used to break it, but some fucking asshole found a way to completely shatter it. If they wanted to steal the wife's giant pile of garbage, pop cans, and candy wrappers they could have just opened the door, it was unlocked. If I ever catch the motherfucker that did it, I'm going beat their knees with a tire iron until they are immobilized, and then cut a road map of Detroit in their back with a razor blade and pour vinegar into the wounds.

Bunch of savages in this town.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Thursday my wife was driving the Escape and started hearing a dragging noise... called me and said "a pipe was broken" under the vehicle. Fuck. Got home after work, checked it out, the tailpipe had torn apart and the exhaust was dragging. I tied it back up with a wire hanger and brought it into the local repair shop... new muffler, tailpiece, flex coupling, and cat for $400, not too bad, but still sucks.

Today I had a small job to do, left late morning, went to work, and then got done around five. I stopped for food on the way home, and when I pulled into the driveway.. I saw the rear window of the Escape was completely smashed out. My wife and kids had been home all day, and didn't hear anything, but it had to have happened between 10:30AM when I left and 6:00PM when I got home... the fucking thing was mostly lying in the back of the truck, partially smashed all over the driveway. No rock, brick, etc lying around, so I'm not sure exactly what was used to break it, but some fucking asshole found a way to completely shatter it. If they wanted to steal the wife's giant pile of garbage, pop cans, and candy wrappers they could have just opened the door, it was unlocked. If I ever catch the motherfucker that did it, I'm going beat their knees with a tire iron until they are immobilized, and then cut a road map of Detroit in their back with a razor blade and pour vinegar into the wounds.

Bunch of savages in this town.

it is sad in how Detroit is turning into a very bad town sir

grab a 6 pack sit on the porch and tell those bad peeps ta get off yourn lawn sir

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie Glass at times can just crystalize. I've had it happen to my back window of my 70 Chevelle I was rebuilding back in highschool. Sounds like that what happen to your SUV.

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie Glass at times can just crystalize. I've had it happen to my back window of my 70 Chevelle I was rebuilding back in highschool. Sounds like that what happen to your SUV.

but he does live in Detroit AHFox sir

by the way how is it up thar in SD ??

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I went out one morning about 7 years ago to find my windshield smashed, and a 10lb rock on the roof of my truck. The neighbor on the street behind me found the rear window of his durango smashed on the same morning. The first and last time that's ever happened here in the 12 years we've lived in this development.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Another thing related to your exhaust story.
My wifes truck has dual chrome pipes out the back of her truck.

One night I was sitting in the garage having a drink, our house is kinda of the beaten path so it's pitch quiet out here. Well off in the distance I can hear a metal dragging on the pavement kinda sound, and it gets louder and louder as it gets closer. The whole time I'm thinking, please don't be my wife..please don't be my wife. Sure enough, the noise starts slowing down as I see headlights coming to our corner, here comes my wife with one of those chrome tail pipes dragging on the road behind her. Fucker broke at the weld that connected the tailpipe to the rest of exhaust.

It was funny at the time..lol

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing related to your exhaust story.
My wifes truck has dual chrome pipes out the back of her truck.

One night I was sitting in the garage having a drink, our house is kinda of the beaten path so it's pitch quiet out here. Well off in the distance I can hear a metal dragging on the pavement kinda sound, and it gets louder and louder as it gets closer. The whole time I'm thinking, please don't be my wife..please don't be my wife. Sure enough, the noise starts slowing down as I see headlights coming to our corner, here comes my wife with one of those chrome tail pipes dragging on the road behind her. Fucker broke at the weld that connected the tailpipe to the rest of exhaust.

It was funny at the time..lol

lol

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
It was loud as hell..I'm sure people heard it for blocks..lol

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is sad in how Detroit is turning into a very bad town sir

grab a 6 pack sit on the porch and tell those bad peeps ta get off yourn lawn sir

but he does live in Detroit AHFox sir

by the way how is it up thar in SD ??

How does glass just crystalize? Is that a quick temperature change issue?

And pops, I don't live in Detroit, but my town is much smaller so the roadmap wouldn't be as painful.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure a much more plausible explanation to this event lies with your wife and kids. You sure your wife or kids didn’t break it and don’t want to tell you because you might flip after just spending $400 on getting the car fix.

I remember when I was a kid I broke my father's beloved white trashy bowling trophy and my mother covered for me. Moms are the shit...

Just laugh it off.... Unless it happens again then get pissed.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure a much more plausible explanation to this event lies with your wife and kids. You sure your wife or kids didn’t break it and don’t want to tell you because you might flip after just spending $400 on getting the car fix.

I remember when I was a kid I broke my father's beloved white trashy bowling trophy and my mother covered for me. Moms are the shit...

Just laugh it off.... Unless it happens again then get pissed.

My son busted the back windshield out of his step-grandmothers Cadillac (hit it with a rock) and nobody told me until like 6 months later. Hard to get mad after 6 months. Lucky for him, they've got plenty of money and didn't give a shit.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks. I've seen windshields crack in the Texas heat, but maybe that is what happend in the cold to your rear windshield? Sucks if you weren't able to find anything around that might have done it.

But sounds like you got a good deal on the exhaust if you got a cat included for $400.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks. I've seen windshields crack in the Texas heat, but maybe that is what happend in the cold to your rear windshield? Sucks if you weren't able to find anything around that might have done it.

But sounds like you got a good deal on the exhaust if you got a cat included for $400.

He got an insane deal..... Now the cost of the window might be another story.