• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuck Gruden He Has To Go

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden’s record should have been what it was. He is a career .500 coach. After 5 years, that’s a good sample size. Are we satisfied with an average HC?
Has he ad some bad luck? Maybe with injuries. What concerns me is not his play calling or his schemes, but his complete inability to get his team ready for big games. They continually fall flat when they need to step up most. At some point that has to go back to the HC.

I think that's a fair criticism but and he's not the world best coach but he's also pretty solid and that's ok.

He's a .500 coach with a .500 roster. Let's get him a .650 roster and see if hes a .650 coach.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden’s record should have been what it was. He is a career .500 coach. After 5 years, that’s a good sample size. Are we satisfied with an average HC?
Has he ad some bad luck? Maybe with injuries. What concerns me is not his play calling or his schemes, but his complete inability to get his team ready for big games. They continually fall flat when they need to step up most. At some point that has to go back to the HC.

Agree, but I would also add that I am very concerned about his continued inability to manage the clock on offense. This has been a huge problem during his entire time here & is an issue regardless of who is playing QB or any of the other offensive positions.

Jeez - you would have thought by now that they would have someone who has clock mgmt as their only job. I can't tell you how many times I have been pissed during a game where they get delay of game calls, rushed plays or wasted timeouts due to their continued inability to manage the clock. Is this yet another area that they dismiss due to injuries? If so I call bullshit since this same crap was happening when they had healthy players.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is.

Can we take the next step with him ? We are a team that’s is competitive ( mostly ) but has hovered around 500 with “his “ players .

We were doormats .

Do you think he can make us perennial playoff contenders ?

How much does 2 years of constant horrific injuries count into the equation ?

Do you think we have enough good players and difference makers on the team ?

Do you have a plan to get them ?

He has had 5 years , how does that factor in

Are you as an organization have any plan to reach the next level ?

How does the cap situation figure on this ?

Are you willing to give the next HC the time to get his staff , and players ?

Are you willing to go another 5 years with new said HC ?

Is the fan base ready for another round of this ?

Can we take the next step with him ? We are a team that’s is competitive ( mostly ) but has hovered around 500 with “his “ players .

A coach looks good when he has players that are able to execute at a high level consistently and minimize mistakes. The problem we have is a mediocre franchise that appears to have a motto proclaiming "Just enough to keep the money rolling in."

We were doormats.

Still are in a lot of ways, especially on nationally televised and season changing games

Do you think he can make us perennial playoff contenders ?

Nope! There's a dark cloud set over this franchise and it's not going away any time soon. The greatest coaches in the history of the game working here under this regime won't change that. Anyone beside me notice that every bit of optimism is met by some misfortune? That's bad Karma!

How much does 2 years of constant horrific injuries count into the equation ?

Par for the course, and why there always are expectations of some force hitting the on switch of a fan covered with shit year in and year out.

Do you think we have enough good players and difference makers on the team ?

We have no difference makers on this team, none!! There's some hope that the Alabama connection will yield the usual "better than we had before" upgrades, but that really doesn't address the question relating to "difference makers."

Do you have a plan to get them ?

We have Bruce Allen, so NO!

He has had 5 years , how does that factor in

Ironically, 5 years as HC on this franchise is, in a strange way stability. Beyond that, why would he be on any sort of firing line? Historically this has been a 500 team, he's kept that tradition intact over his 5 seasons. Selling hope has proven to be pretty darn lucrative for Dan Snyder, give him a 500 coach to match his mediocre organization and he just might be one of the happiest owner in the NFL.

Are you as an organization have any plan to reach the next level ?

500 ball is the next level for this franchise. Has anyone ever taken anything other than mediocre out of numerous interviews, press conferences and the like that remotely suggests that there's an expectation of excellence in DC?

Are you willing to give the next HC the time to get his staff , and players ?

Absolutely not! Now unless there's a way for him to also select who the GM is, what's the point?

Are you willing to go another 5 years with new said HC ?

Isn't it fascinating that other teams hiring new coaches have an expectation of near immediate change for the better? Not surprising at all that there have been some that have actually gone from worse to first in one season. Maybe it's coincidence that these teams are headed by management insisting on excellence from their coaching staff and the coaching staff with many of the same players insist upon excellence from them.

Is the fan base ready for another round of this ?

Honestly, I believe that we're down to the truly "die-hard" types. Everyone else is likely doing something else. It's the NFL, people are going to watch the product, but that doesn't mean that there's a groundswell of support for this particular franchise.