• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

From Papuchis's own mouth

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Holiday Bowl will be Papuchis' show, and possibly an audition for his next job.

Pelini formulated game plans through discussions with Papuchis and other defensive assistants. Papuchis said his primary roles were running player meetings, organizing practices and installing game plans.

Pelini and Papuchis stood nearly shoulder-to-shoulder on the sideline during games, with Papuchis hand-signaling defensive calls to the players on the field. Papuchis said Pelini sometimes would ask him for input.

"At the end of the day," Papuchis said, "Bo had the final hammer in terms of what was called on Saturday."

"In a sense, I kind of feel that way, although it's an odd way to have that because of all the dynamics that surround it," he said. "I wouldn't want this (game) to be the only piece of the resume. I think there are a lot of things that have happened over the course of the years to build that resume, but I certainly think it's part of it."

With this being his last game for No. 25 Nebraska (9-3), Papuchis plans to be aggressive against quarterback Cody Kessler and the No. 24 Trojans (8-4).

"There's no real reason to be conservative, I guess," Papuchis said. "I don't want to be stupid, either. We want to put our guys in the best possible scenario to be successful and let the game play out the way it's going to play out."

John Papuchis to go it alone as DC in last game at Nebraska | College Football

We could all tell in the game against Iowa, Pelini called the entire defense.

During the week, while Pelini was out kissing babies, shaking hands, asking for donations, or talking to the Board of Trustees(we know he didn't talk to Eichorst) Papuchis was supposed to getting the players ready to be in the correct position and not run into the pile on the jet sweep.

Last edited by a moderator:

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he could do facetime with Bo during the game :noidea: