• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fred Dean Passes Away

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HE was a natural athlete and I remember the quote from an interview (can't confirm it's actually true with sources but I think it was a real comment) his quote was in answer to a question (unsure of actual question) Does he, Fred Dean like to lift weights.... his answer was something like.... "Whenever i get the craving to lift weights, I lay down until the feeling passes" LOLOLOL

edited quote as I remembered it better after posting...... I lay down until it passes-> I lay down until the feeling passes

Last edited:

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was strange how it seemed there was some pipeline for SD pass rushers to end up on SF in the early 80's - Gary Johnson, Louis Kelcher and HOF'er Fred Dean. Helluva player.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was strange how it seemed there was some pipeline for SD pass rushers to end up on SF in the early 80's - Gary Johnson, Louis Kelcher and HOF'er Fred Dean. Helluva player.
He sat out a season after his dominant run in San Diego and I had forgotten about him. All of the sudden he showed up in a 49er uniform the week they played the Cowboys in 81. The Cowboys had no idea what to do with him and I think the Niners won that game something like 45 to 14