• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Frank Gore

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am assuming that on a roster of 53 players more than 2 guys are capable of returning kicks. We have used Delanie Walker and Kendall Hunter before so we aren't just sticking anybody back there... and this is IF Williams gets hurt or something so he can't do it. And I never said to have Jenkins do it. I know LMJ is listed as KR/PR/RB so I will again assume he can do it.
you're admitting rookie WR's don't usually make an impact, you're admitting we have good veteran WR's ahead of Jenkins, yet simultaneously feel Jenkins isn't playing and hence a wasted pick. does this make sense to you? so if we suit up Jenkins and give him two reps a game, then all of a sudden Jenkins is a good pick?[/QUOTE]

I am saying that unless the guy is a can't miss draft pick at WR, why draft him if he isn't even going to suit up? We could have drafted someone who would at least be able to play. Didn't have to be a wide out. I think that the pick was a waste. We could have found the same value next year at the WR position if we needed it. Like I said before... if he was viewed as a "can't miss" then he would be playing right now and playing a lot. Even if he was raw.[/QUOTE]

it isn't returning kicks i'd be concerned with, it is punt returning. remember last years NFC Championship game? point being if we already know Ginn can return punts, why change to someone whom we don't know? not just change, but change in this situation when we don't have to? anyway, we'll just disagree here and leave it be.

didn't we pick 30th of the 1st round? maybe someone else would've been able to play but this was a strong team going into the draft. again, you draft someone projecting over his career, not his rookie season. if he has a good career, it isn't a big deal he didn't suit up year 1. MAYBE (nobody knows yet) Jenkins is good, but happened to land on a team with four solid, veteran, better WR's?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're admitting rookie WR's don't usually make an impact, you're admitting we have good veteran WR's ahead of Jenkins, yet simultaneously feel Jenkins isn't playing and hence a wasted pick. does this make sense to you? so if we suit up Jenkins and give him two reps a game, then all of a sudden Jenkins is a good pick?

I am saying that unless the guy is a can't miss draft pick at WR, why draft him if he isn't even going to suit up? We could have drafted someone who would at least be able to play. Didn't have to be a wide out. I think that the pick was a waste. We could have found the same value next year at the WR position if we needed it. Like I said before... if he was viewed as a "can't miss" then he would be playing right now and playing a lot. Even if he was raw.[/QUOTE]

it isn't returning kicks i'd be concerned with, it is punt returning. remember last years NFC Championship game? point being if we already know Ginn can return punts, why change to someone whom we don't know? not just change, but change in this situation when we don't have to? anyway, we'll just disagree here and leave it be.

didn't we pick 30th of the 1st round? maybe someone else would've been able to play but this was a strong team going into the draft. again, you draft someone projecting over his career, not his rookie season. if he has a good career, it isn't a big deal he didn't suit up year 1. MAYBE (nobody knows yet) Jenkins is good, but happened to land on a team with four solid, veteran, better WR's?[/QUOTE]

I know you draft a guy projecting his career, but a first rounder, let alone a receiver, who doesn't even suit up? Aside from injury anyway. I'm sorry but unless it is a QB, your first round draft pick should see some time on the field, regardless of depth. I can't think of another time this has happened? But fair enough... we will agree to disagree on this one.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The 49ers All-Time leading Rusher continues to plow away and be a major cog in the running game!!

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers All-Time leading Rusher continues to plow away and be a major cog in the running game!!

Gore is not the 49ers all-time leading rusher - that title belongs to 49er HOF running back Joe Perry - Gore is 312 yards shy of being the 49ers all-time leading rusher.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gore is not the 49ers all-time leading rusher - that title belongs to 49er HOF running back Joe Perry - Gore is 312 yards shy of being the 49ers all-time leading rusher.

O man I thought that he had it already! Maybe by the end of the season , if he stays healthy!! Thanks:sadbron:

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah, Gore already got passed him. He passed him last year.

Gore: 8,378

Perry: 7,344

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a clue - the 49ers were founded in 1946 - not 1950. Thus Joe Perry - not Frank Gore is the 49ers all-time leading rusher.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a clue - the 49ers were founded in 1946 - not 1950. Thus Joe Perry - not Frank Gore is the 49ers all-time leading rusher.

Then why did the 49ers honor him last year? They may have had a team in 46' but they joined the NFL in 50' and those are the yards they count.

They don't count Steve Young's USFL stats, or Warren Moons from the CFL. They are different leagues same as the first couple years of Perry's career.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why did the 49ers honor him last year? They may have had a team in 46' but they joined the NFL in 50' and those are the yards they count.

They don't count Steve Young's USFL stats, or Warren Moons from the CFL. They are different leagues same as the first couple years of Perry's career.

Different leagues AND different teams. The 49ers have been the same team since 1946 not since 1950 - Therefore, when you say "49ers all-time" you are referring to since the inception of the 49ers - in 1946, not since the the 49ers were acquired in the merger between the AAFC & NFL.

For me, it is about recognizing and respecting - by mid-December Frank Gore will be the 49ers all-time leading rusher

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different leagues AND different teams. The 49ers have been the same team since 1946 not since 1950 - Therefore, when you say "49ers all-time" you are referring to since the inception of the 49ers - in 1946, not since the the 49ers were acquired in the merger between the AAFC & NFL.

For me, it is about recognizing and respecting - by mid-December Frank Gore will be the 49ers all-time leading rusher

I guess in a couple months it won't really matter either way.