• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Frank Beamer on the Sugar Bowl

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I don’t think we have to apologize to anyone," he said. "When you’re the winningest football team since 1995, I don’t think there’s any apologies necessary. When you’re the only team to have won 10 games [eight] straight [years], the only team in the country to do that, yeah, I don’t think there’s an apology necessary. When you’ve been to 19 straight bowl games, I don’t think there’s an apology necessary."

"Those people criticizing, that’s why they stay on TV," he said. "They’re making statements, and if they’re not getting your attention, they’re not going to be on TV. I don’t worry about that. ... I think what we’ve done since 1995, we don’t have to apologize to anyone."

you tell 'em Frank!

Beamer on Virginia Tech's surprise Sugar Bowl inclusion: 'We don't have to apologize to anyone' | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Last night on the Hokie Hotline, Jim Weaver basically said Herbstreit could kiss his a$$

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN can kiss our ass. They are a propaganda machine who are more concerned with sensationalizing every little piece of news than showing highlights. They hype up the SEC because they own the SEC network. They don't give any love to the Big 10 because surprise, surprise, FOX owns the Big 10 network.

While watching ESPN is a necessity for any sports fan, all of this criticism being directed towards us (and not Michigan) is really starting to annoy me.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While watching ESPN is a necessity for any sports fan, all of this criticism being directed towards us (and not Michigan) is really starting to annoy me.

I've stopped reading articles and message boards bc this has pissed me off so much. Especially professional sr. level writers at eSECn and SI

First off, if Boise, KSU, or Michigan played Clemson in the ACC Champ, and CU played the way they did, they would have beaten any of those teams. So then if any of them have 2 or 3 losses and we are still at 11-1, are those teams still just as good as we are? Blow me.

Fans don't get it that you have no room to bitch about being left out of a bowl game when you're whole argument on getting in is entirely predicated on nothing more than a better team losing.

BrawlinHawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"I don’t think we have to apologize to anyone," he said. "When you’re the winningest football team since 1995, I don’t think there’s any apologies necessary. When you’re the only team to have won 10 games [eight] straight [years], the only team in the country to do that, yeah, I don’t think there’s an apology necessary. When you’ve been to 19 straight bowl games, I don’t think there’s an apology necessary."

"Those people criticizing, that’s why they stay on TV," he said. "They’re making statements, and if they’re not getting your attention, they’re not going to be on TV. I don’t worry about that. ... I think what we’ve done since 1995, we don’t have to apologize to anyone."

you tell 'em Frank!

Beamer on Virginia Tech's surprise Sugar Bowl inclusion: 'We don't have to apologize to anyone' | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

First of all the ACC is a weak conference. Secondly, what does the past 10 years have to do with this year? Kansas St. got hosed.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas State beat Miami (who we beat), Baylor at home (who I'm sure we could also beat at home) and Texas (who I know we would beat). They don't deserve anything more than we do.

Also, they didn't sell out either of their last two home games in a stadium that holds 50k. If the Sugar Bowl is trying to make any money, why would they invite them?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all the ACC is a weak conference. Secondly, what does the past 10 years have to do with this year? Kansas St. got hosed.

Why don't you tell us about how tough the Big 10 is? I would actually love to hear a compelling argument about what makes them even better than the ACC this year.

And you can't be mad, the rest of the country has to watch 2 Big 10 schools get stomped in BCS games every year.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can tell this guy isn't too bright or he doesn't pay attention to where he posts. Good luck little buddy you will need it.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

crying+baby.jpg

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:pound: hang on... :pound: This is coming from an Iowa fan... Run along with your pathetic trolling attempt; you're probably one of the same people that think the ACC is "weak" because FSU and Miami suck. Go ahead and do whatever ESPN tells you to or maybe use that thing called your brain, do some research, and formulate your own opinion.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, I think Beamer is making himself look bad by justifying the Sugar Bowl's pick of VT. I think he would be better off just letting the media think what they want to think.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, I think Beamer is making himself look bad by justifying the Sugar Bowl's pick of VT. I think he would be better off just letting the media think what they want to think.

I don't really think he's trying to justify their pick, just that the coaches, players, and fans shouldn't be feeling bad about getting the bid because some douchetard at ESPN says so. I love that Beamer is out there with this.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let ESPN think what they want to think. Just go out there and whoop Michigan's ass and let that prove that VT was worthy of the pick.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Let ESPN think what they want to think. Just go out there and whoop Michigan's ass and let that prove that VT was worthy of the pick.

Why should he let the media walk over his team like that? All he's saying is that VT has a reason to be in the Sugar Bowl and shouldn't apologize to anyone for that. I see no harm in doing that. Better to get it out now before the week of the game when it would become a bigger issue if not addressed.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So V Tech took Boise State's spot then. FYI, Michigan shouldn't be there either.

Here's the deal. There are no spots in the BCS except 1 and 2. Everything else is up to the bowls. It doesn't matter if you are ranked higher than another team in the BCS standings. It doesn't matter because the guidelines are that the BCS bowls only have to choose teams meeting broad guidelines. Just because Boise and Kansas State are ranked higher, the bowls have no obligation to take them.

BCS conferences and BCS teams have no reason to be upset with that because it is the way it has been and the way it will be. The are a BCS team in a BCS conference because they agreed to these conditions in the BCS. 2011 is no different than it has been in the past, yet people are upset. Boise has a reason to be upset, but they are always shafted being a non-BCS team. Again, a fact that is not going to change.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why people are getting so bent out of shape over K-State not getting a bid. After Boise, the teams able to take an at-large spot were:

Kansas St (10-2)
Avg win % of teams they beat - .500 (60-60)
Avg win % of FBS teams they beat - .490 (53-55)
FBS teams w/ a winning record they beat - 3

Virginia Tech (11-2)
Avg win % of teams they beat - .540 (71-61)
Avg win % of FBS teams they beat - .530 (63-57)
FBS teams w/ a winning record they beat - 3

Michigan (10-2)
Avg win % of teams they beat - .540 (65-55)
Avg win % of FBS teams they beat - .540 (65-55)
FBS teams w/ a winning record they beat - 4

Also Baylor and Oklahoma, but for the sake of argument, let's leave out the 3 loss teams.

All seems pretty close to me, add in the fact that Tech received their second loss in the Championship game which neither K-St. or Michigan even participated in. I've said it all along that Boise did get screwed, but that last at-large pick was a crap shoot. Anyone of those teams has an argument.