• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Franchise Tag

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a good article. It makes more financial sense to tag Allen for the next two seasons.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a good article. It makes more financial sense to tag Allen for the next two seasons.

It is an interesting article to say the least But it omits one huge factor. It really pisses players off.

Not to mention, if you are planning on the double tag, you won’t resign Payne. The better option would be to franchise Allen once and then Payne once. Or you could do the crazy thing and just pay Allen.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is an interesting article to say the least But it omits one huge factor. It really pisses players off.

Not to mention, if you are planning on the double tag, you won’t resign Payne. The better option would be to franchise Allen once and then Payne once. Or you could do the crazy thing and just pay Allen.

It gives you more options if you tag Allen this year. Players know its a business. Business wise tagging Allen would be best for one year. We still have Settle and Ionman so losing Payne or Allen is not a huge blow to the team. I agree with you in tagging Allen one year and Payne one year. By that time their would be already a decision on what we are going to do with Ionman and Settle.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It gives you more options if you tag Allen this year. Players know its a business. Business wise tagging Allen would be best for one year. We still have Settle and Ionman so losing Payne or Allen is not a huge blow to the team. I agree with you in tagging Allen one year and Payne one year. By that time their would be already a decision on what we are going to do with Ionman and Settle.
dont kid yourself losing either one is a blow because you weaken your strongest asset on defense . now can you win with a top 12 defense as opposed to top 5 ? with our offense ? if the answer is yes then you consider it . i think you have to try and keep this defense together for 5 yrs . thats our window

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont kid yourself losing either one is a blow because you weaken your strongest asset on defense . now can you win with a top 12 defense as opposed to top 5 ? with our offense ? if the answer is yes then you consider it . i think you have to try and keep this defense together for 5 yrs . thats our window

but having Ionman and Settle lessens the blow.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You would have to resign Settle and Payne.

I know you think Settle will be cheap but I don’t. He has shown enough to get a decent contract to start somewhere. He had 5 sacks as a backup in limited opportunities.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you could do that but its really bad we cant get guys extended .

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure about that and again the quality will go down

Yea but we would have more depth. We are not going to be able to resign everybody on the dline. Even if Settle and Ionman walk in two years we cant get long term deals for Allen, Payne, Sweat, and Young. If that does happen that would be something. Hey we got 2 years with everybody lets see how far we can get.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but we would have more depth. We are not going to be able to resign everybody on the dline. Even if Settle and Ionman walk in two years we cant get long term deals for Allen, Payne, Sweat, and Young. If that does happen that would be something. Hey we got 2 years with everybody lets see how far we can get.
we have to win games for this to happen . if we do then things can change