• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fournette cut!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno man, perhaps a change of scenery, but from what I know, it’s not the team, it’s him.

Another reclamation project for BB. Been there, done that. If he wins his grievance and comes over cheap, I'd take him in NE. BB can and usually does get the most out of these disgruntled type of players. Love to have a power back with speed.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prior to the Draft there would have been some interest in Fournette at $4M+, but only for a nominal Draft pick. By all accounts the Jaguars wanted considerably more. I'm not surprised at this move. What happens next depends on contract guarantees and off-set language. I don't see any team claiming Fournette off waivers.

Yea I don't believe they couldn't get a fifth rounder for him

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
???

Yeah all that you just said and his 1600 yards from scrimmage definitely shows he doesn't deserve to be on an NFL roster.

I didn't say he didn't belong on an Nfl roster Jethro.
He's just not a a featured back.
He's a situational player imho.
And he STILL sux!

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I don't believe they couldn't get a fifth rounder for him
I guess it just depends. A team that is higher up on the waiver wire could probably chance it and wait til he is cut. Saves them a pick, and they can negotiate their own terms on a contract. A team that might have wanted him, but didn't have the cap space to make the trade could also be another issue. He's also at a position that has been severely devalued in today's NFL - and with his injury history compounds this problem for a position that is known for wearing the treads out on a career faster than other positions.

Again, it's better to get something instead of nothing, so - I don't find it too hard to believe that there weren't any real takers. But, at the end of the day - he gone, and it'll be interesting to see where he lands, and what his role will be.

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leonard Fournette......some team is going to get a motivated and still viable running back.

Wow! Who do they have no at RB?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucs

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect them (TB) to expect a Super Bowl appearance at the very least, if anybody can expect them to get that far.

And if the season gets that far.

We shall see.
You add the toys they had to the toys they added it looks nice on paper, but I'm not betting on them.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You add the toys they had to the toys they added it looks nice on paper, but I'm not betting on them.

No argument, but for sure they (TB Squared ownership/fans) are expecting.

Add to that how fucked up everything is these days and anything could happen. They seem fairly well poised to fit that category, as does I hate to say it, Seattle. Dallas?

But first we need a season.

I'm bucking up for Sunday Ticket because that's what I do.

I think I'll likely get a refund. Hope I'm wrong. I'm ready for some football.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure fournette will behave himself for one season and play hard on the field in the hopes of landing a long term contract after this.

I expect a pretty good year from him.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$2mil base guaranteed and another $1.5 mil incentives is a pretty good deal for 1 year show me something. Arians says Jones is still the starter but I can see Fournette taking over that role. McCoy seems to be the odd man out at this point.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a no brainer EASY A+ grade from my end.

1 year $3.5M for a #4 overall talent who is 25 and looking to make a big case for a major contract? Derp... grades don't get any easier than this. Tom 'checkdown' Brady is a QB that routinely uses his runningbacks as receivers and I can't blame him, it's a very effective strategy. Jones is decent, but Fournette catches the ball VERY well and is an upgrade in an area I had question with.

As for Fournette, another EASY A+ grade. Playing with a HOF QB, TE, WR (Evans seems in the making) and a MASSIVELY upgraded offensive line should allow him to flourish and potentially command a huge contract in 2022.

Last edited by a moderator:

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Fournette, another EASY A+ grade. Playing with a HOF QB, TE, WR (Evans seems in the making) and a MASSIVELY upgraded offensive line should allow him to flourish and potentially command a huge contract in 2022.

I would have thought the Bears would have been a better landing spot for him.

Fornette is looking to cash in. He is going to have to be the MAN to do that. He isn't going to be the MAN in an offense with as much talent as the Bucs have. He'll just be a piece.

The one thing that he will have going for him is that Brady is the best run audible QB's in the history of the NFL.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have thought the Bears would have been a better landing spot for him.

Fornette is looking to cash in. He is going to have to be the MAN to do that. He isn't going to be the MAN in an offense with as much talent as the Bucs have. He'll just be a piece.

The one thing that he will have going for him is that Brady is the best run audible QB's in the history of the NFL.

Brady heavily uses his runningbacks out of the field. White is evidence of that.

Fournette is a VERY good receiving back. He'll get PLENTY of use in Tampa and he has Mike Evans and Gronk to distract defenders. Not to mention the Bucs HEAVILY upgraded their offensive line. Fournette SHOULD (injuries/health, etc.) have a field day with defenders...

The Bears suck ass. That organization is fucked. Khalil Mack.... lol.. like that was going to do anything with their shit tackles, WRs, TEs, RBs, and Trib'INT'sky... Nick Foles? LOL.. he'll be at the morgue by week 5.