• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Four Seasons Loco Coffee and Total Landscaping Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy in blackface won our last election despite getting fewer votes than adult Ralph Wiggum while a party that wants a quarter of the country to separate got the third most seats despite getting the fourth most votes.

Who the hell are we to be pointing fingers right now lol
But in all fairness it is still better than the US. At least you aren't a sh*thole country.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
A guy in blackface won our last election despite getting fewer votes than adult Ralph Wiggum while a party that wants a quarter of the country to separate got the third most seats despite getting the fourth most votes.

Who the hell are we to be pointing fingers right now lol
we're not quite armed in the streets on the precipice of civil war
or issuing death threats to medical leaders because wearing a mask infringes on basic freedom
or attempting to kidnap politicians to we can get back to the gym right away
or ripping children away from immigrant / refugee parents
or doing his level best to destroy environmental protection
our leader's bribery scandal gets his mom an extra 50k appearance fee, doesn't sell out the country to russia
our leader may be a bit of a dummy, but he's not trying to destroy the democratic institution

so yeah, I think we are in pretty good position to sit back with a big ol' bag o' popcorn.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in all fairness it is still better than the US. At least you aren't a sh*thole country.

Sometimes I think that having 1/10th the population of the US means that we have 1/10th the number of idiots lol.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or issuing death threats to medical leaders because wearing a mask infringes on basic freedom
our leader's bribery scandal gets his mom an extra 50k appearance fee, doesn't sell out the country to russia
our leader may be a bit of a dummy, but he's not trying to destroy the democratic institution

so yeah, I think we are in pretty good position to sit back with a big ol' bag o' popcorn.

Yeah but Trudeau.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Mexico is the crown jewel of North America?
Viva.

It's not that you're entirely wrong but it's still an absolutely awful trait that Canadians have developed and it's hurting our foundational institutions pretty hard these days.

Canadian says "Our healthcare system is way better than the US!". Okay, sure, have that. Now compare it to other first world nations with similar health systems, tax rates and populations. We suddenly don't look great do we? But that's okay because we're still better than our neighbour, who cares about that MRI wait time or the lack of pharmacare or universal dental.

Canadian says "The US is racist!". Okay, definitely a problem there. Now let me take you on a tour of the "darker" parts of Toronto, or Montreal. Let's take a bush plane to the Native reserves who haven't had clean water in their entire existence despite PM after PM up to and including this one promising to change that. Let's go to Winnipeg and Regina and see just how badly urban poverty is affecting Native populations there. We still gloating because we don't have Confederate statues (okay we have a few of those too but...)?

Canadian says "We don't allow guns all over the place!". Okay, legally, it's harder to buy a gun. Illegally, our biggest cities have seen massive jumps in gun crimes that in large part stem from federal government inaction on border security and allows smuggling to run rampant. It's great that we barely get any mass shootings but when gun crime has spiked the way it has the past few years it's probably time to admit we've got a pretty fucking serious gun problem here that asinine "long gun bans" aren't going to do much about.

Even the points you bring up, there's a Canadian version for almost half of them

SNC, money to his finance minister, shit the guy's had like 3 ethics violations lol

No but he's happy keeping it antiquated and unfair so long as it keeps his party in power: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/electoral-reform-election-2019-1.5304383

So yeah, grab the popcorn. I've got mine too, believe me (even if it gets me in trouble here because I didn't get RBG tattooed on my arm or something). But we aren't much better and the massive focus from our media on American politics while our own get relatively ignored is becoming a bigger and bigger problem. We're demanding less and less of our own leaders and selling ourselves short and this didn't just start happening when Donald Trump became president.

TLDR, we've "settled" for being a bit better than the US instead of aspiring to be fucking great and that's pathetic.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I think that having 1/10th the population of the US means that we have 1/10th the number of idiots lol.
It's not the overall number. It's the percentage.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Trudeau campaign or run in blackface?

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky with 10% in actually has Biden up. More importantly, has McGrath up.

Senate:
McGrath: 112,215
Mitch: 88,064

In one red county Joe has surpassed Clinton's vote total from 2016 with only 28% counted there.

Joe also appears to have won the county Covington is in. Cincy Suburbs. Where those obnoxious Trump dickhead kids were from

He won't hold it, but damn that's a good start.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky with 10% in actually has Biden up. More importantly, has McGrath up.

Senate:
McGrath: 112,215
Mitch: 88,064

In one red county Joe has surpassed Clinton's vote total from 2016 with only 28% counted there.

Joe also appears to have won the county Covington is in. Cincy Suburbs. Where those obnoxious Trump dickhead kids were from

He won't hold it, but damn that's a good start.
Not surprising - they did elect a Dem governor last year. Should be at least a bit narrower.

Status
Not open for further replies.