• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Four Seahawks named to Pro Bowl

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four Seahawks defenders made the NFC Pro Bowl roster today: Sherman, Avril, Bennett and Wagner. Not a huge surprise that those were the four to make it. It's Avril's first Pro Bowl selection and it was well deserved. Hopefully they'll all be too busy preparing for the Super Bowl to actually play.

Baldwin, Britt, Chancellor, Wilson, Hauschka, Graham, Lockett and Wright are all alternates. Of the alternates, I'm happiest for Britt. When he was moved to center this year, he wasn't expected to be particularly good, much less the best lineman on the roster.

Four Seahawks Earn Pro Bowl Honors, Including First-Timer Cliff Avril

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have liked KJ Wright to make it. He's been at that level for several years without getting the nod. It's a bummer the offense got so derailed early in the season with injuries to RW and Rawls because I think that would have helped Baldwin get in with better numbers, especially coming right after that 2nd half from last season.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have liked KJ Wright to make it. He's been at that level for several years without getting the nod. It's a bummer the offense got so derailed early in the season with injuries to RW and Rawls because I think that would have helped Baldwin get in with better numbers, especially coming right after that 2nd half from last season.

Was going to say this, Wright deserved it right along with Wagner.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome these guys got the nod but lets hope they have to skip it this year. :thumb:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probowl needs to be reworked, it means very little at this point

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KJ deserves it 100 times more than Bennett that's for damn sure.

The probowl needs to be moved back to Hawaii and they need to remove the fan vote completely as it just becomes a popularity vote. It should be based on on-field production, which it is not and has not been for some time now.

Glad Avril got in but he should have been in a few other times and was overlooked just because of the whole "popularity" thing.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been saying for years they should replace the pro bowl with a skills competition for the various positions. May not translate to linemen as well as skill players, but I used to love watching the QB competition for several years back and the fastest man stuff. Put WRs through the gauntlet like at the combine (but better), see how many 1-handed grabs they can make on the sideline, head to head 40s, etc. I would be much more interested in that than some bs flag football with pads game.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like they're bringing the skills competition back, and adding a game of dodgeball to it.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players aren't much better at voting.

agreed so let the writers, Reporters and Coaches vote for them. Just sucks to see crappy people voted in just because they are popular. Then again those people did vote for Cam Newton as the MVP and there is NO WAY he should have earned it last year. They won "DESPITE" Cam last season not really because of him. He didn't even complete 60% of his passes. He had a QBR of 70 , under 4k passing yards and a rating of under 100. That's not MVP numbers for a QB, end of story.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed so let the writers, Reporters and Coaches vote for them. Just sucks to see crappy people voted in just because they are popular. Then again those people did vote for Cam Newton as the MVP and there is NO WAY he should have earned it last year. They won "DESPITE" Cam last season not really because of him. He didn't even complete 60% of his passes. He had a QBR of 70 , under 4k passing yards and a rating of under 100. That's not MVP numbers for a QB, end of story.

You Forgot something...................

But i'll pick up the Mic.

Why in the Fucking Hell is Justin Britt not in the Pro Bowl?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is not a top 5-6 Center ....yet. Dude has been great for his first full season at Center but i would put him like around 15th-20th or so. That's not good enough for the Probowl.

I think if he continues to improve which he should then he will be one of the top 10 Centers in the league in a year or two.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had a very good year but there are a few more centers in the NFC that had better seasons... If he keeps it up, he'll eventually get there...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alternate. That's pretty good at a position where there's only one.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering this is Britt's first season at center, it's impressive that he even played well enough to be a Pro Bowl alternate. As long as they don't move him again, he should continue to improve and give himself a better shot at being named a starter in the Pro Bowl next year. I don't think he'll change positions again. He's obviously been good at center and the Seahawks have enough issues to fix on the offensive line as it is. They don't need to move Britt and/or Ifedi and create more issues there.