• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Former Giant Brian Wilson lashes out at Former Giants CEO

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,869.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game ended, and Dodgers reliever Brian Wilson hustled toward the opposing dugout to lash out at Giants chief executive officer Larry Baer -- the man who employed the bearded pitcher for seven seasons until he recently joined rival Los Angeles -- over the World Series ring he was owed from 2012.

Once Wilson was done yelling, Baer walked to the other side of the ballpark and delivered the ring to Dodgers personnel outside the Los Angeles clubhouse to give to the pitcher Thursday night.

Source: ESPN

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was laughable. After trying to be all tough, boasting on Tuesday: "Every park I go to, they're going to try to get under the skin. You can say whatever you want. I've heard it all. Chicago is great ... I was expecting better here."

Well, apparently SOMEbody got under his skin. What a baby.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was laughable. After trying to be all tough, boasting on Tuesday: "Every park I go to, they're going to try to get under the skin. You can say whatever you want. I've heard it all. Chicago is great ... I was expecting better here."

Well, apparently SOMEbody got under his skin. What a baby.

Always been an emotional guy...

He's a free agent, we could conceivably bring him back...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always been an emotional guy...

He's a free agent, we could conceivably bring him back...

Not after that.

Someone said it a few ads back, he orchestrated the breakup so he could get to a more high-profile market.

He will always have a special spot in Giants history, but he will never be welcomed back after that. Too bad he has burned this bridge.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not after that.

Someone said it a few ads back, he orchestrated the breakup so he could get to a more high-profile market.

He will always have a special spot in Giants history, but he will never be welcomed back after that. Too bad he has burned this bridge.

I agree it's pretty unlikely, more so now, just that it's technically possible. It'd be weird.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it's pretty unlikely, more so now, just that it's technically possible. It'd be weird.

In all sports there are people that at some point in their life will think they are more important then the sport itself or the teammates they have played with. I think that Wilson is in that position at this time. I have also felt that Bonds was in the same position as his career was winding down. This in no way diminishes the talent or the contribution of the player. This is more about the individual person. IMHO you have to be VERY good at what you do to reach this level of somewhat 'self-idolization'. I still think the Beard was a great closer and Bonds was one of the best players I ever saw take the field. Doesn't make them great human beings ... just great ball players ...

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After that act especially on Lincecum's final game maybe in SF. No way Wilson ever comes back. He gave up his arm in 2010 and he feels slighted by the Giants. Goodbye to the beard. As we all know the game is a business and you don't chew out the head guy in front of everyone.

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Wilson making a Giants win about himself? no way