• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Forbes List Of Overpaid Players In The NFL

arsenal6106

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess who is on the list?

It list 12 players.

1.So guess the 49er player.

2.Where your player ranks out of 12?

How did you do?
Check out the list: Alex Smith - Tom Van Riper - Forbes

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Made by a people with elementary knowledge of football.

Going down the list of the NFL's highest 100 salaries for 2011, we focused on those whose career history is lacking not only statistically (QB passer ratings, etc.) but on those who haven't consistently earned starting berths or who haven't made All Pro despite collecting one of the top salaries in the game at his position.

Worse offenders than Smith.
Donovan McNabb
Bob Sanders
or even Michael Crabtree

Fitz looks overpaid at 2 or 4x what Calvin/Andre Johnson or Roddy White make.

Sage Rosenfels is makin 3
Chris Redmond 2.5
A.J. Feeley 2.2

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's a very irresponsible article written by someone with no knowledge of the game. I'm not going to argue that Smith doesn't belong, but I don't believe any consideration wasgiven to the average QB salary (or any other position for that matter) and on top of that, NFL salary cannot be looked at as a 1 year thing. Cassell has the second highest salary this year, but no one would accuse him of being the second highest aid QB.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
They're only looking at salary for the 2011 season. That's a dumb way of determining how well someone is compensated in the NFL. You have to look at the entire contract & the market value when it was signed.

Some players use that arguement when holding out for a new deal. One player's (Desean Jackson? Chris Johnson?) agent did this offseason; he was whining about his salary THIS year VS someone else's salary who was near the final year of his 2nd contract (forget who).

Also, how can a quality starting NT be on that list? Do they have any idea how valuable those are?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a very irresponsible article written by someone with no knowledge of the game. I'm not going to argue that Smith doesn't belong, but I don't believe any consideration wasgiven to the average QB salary (or any other position for that matter) and on top of that, NFL salary cannot be looked at as a 1 year thing. Cassell has the second highest salary this year, but no one would accuse him of being the second highest aid QB.

I was gonna say something very similiar, and since you saved me some work, I give thee rep.