• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For Sale or Trade

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idk about that...I think his deal is 3rd behind William Moore & Reshad Jones...but you have at least 6 or 7 guys with more guaranteed cash. His '15 cap hit is like #6 for SS.

On the posts thinking it would open up a pandora's box...it could, but everyone of those players knows what this about whether they support him publicly or not...guaranteed cash which is all I'm suggesting they change...not giving him any more above his $28 mil.

Again...I don't blame the fans, but nobody blinks an eye when a non-productive player with 2 or 3 years left on his deal gets cut.
It is my contention that a non productive player should not get paid anything above any remaining guaranteed dollars.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's certainly proven he is worth more. Maybe we can trade Byron Maxwell back to you for him? :thumb:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with that contract!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is my contention that a non productive player should not get paid anything above any remaining guaranteed dollars.

I'm a fan too, and agree 100% with that...I don't shed any tears when non productive players get cut (Lamar Woodley) but my point is we see this thru the eyes of a fan most of the time as we should...but, now realized there is another side to the contract...the player's side. I understand why player's don't like the franchise tag, etc.

Chancellor's situation imo is rare...if they want to keep him happy...find a way...if not, and it's absolute, move the man to another team...get something out of him...even if it's indirectly.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a fan too, and agree 100% with that...I don't shed any tears when non productive players get cut (Lamar Woodley) but my point is we see this thru the eyes of a fan most of the time as we should...but, now realized there is another side to the contract...the player's side. I understand why player's don't like the franchise tag, etc.

Chancellor's situation imo is rare...if they want to keep him happy...find a way...if not, and it's absolute, move the man to another team...get something out of him...even if it's indirectly.

The players, and especially their agents, are more than aware how football contracts work. If they want more up front money then that is what they should negotiate, but don't bitch about it after the fact by just saying "players get cut all the time". Of course they do and players know that so they are SIGNING the contract KNOWING what's what. In Kam's case the Seahawks even did him a favour and re-did his contract with a year to go on his rookie contract. They could have let him play for his $600k (or whatever it was) last year, but instead they gave him a big deal with about $12M guaranteed. But I guess Kam doesn't give the Seahawks any credit for that?

I have no issue with players wanting to renew deals that are ending soon, or even holding out during camp and preseason to make a point, but when it comes to real games they should step up and do their jobs.

DweeberAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 928.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rest of the division doesn't mind if he sits out for the rest of the season. Seattle 0-2 is a good start.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rest of the division doesn't mind if he sits out for the rest of the season. Seattle 0-2 is a good start.

Cards in first place, Hawks in last. Sun is out, all must be right with the world in Arizona.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players, and especially their agents, are more than aware how football contracts work. If they want more up front money then that is what they should negotiate, but don't bitch about it after the fact by just saying "players get cut all the time". Of course they do and players know that so they are SIGNING the contract KNOWING what's what. In Kam's case the Seahawks even did him a favour and re-did his contract with a year to go on his rookie contract. They could have let him play for his $600k (or whatever it was) last year, but instead they gave him a big deal with about $12M guaranteed. But I guess Kam doesn't give the Seahawks any credit for that?

I have no issue with players wanting to renew deals that are ending soon, or even holding out during camp and preseason to make a point, but when it comes to real games they should step up and do their jobs.

The players know exactly how NFL contracts work...that's precisely why they hold out...again, when the player gets cut...we accept that as part of the biz of the NFL because that's the way it's always been...essentially we're saying...it's okay for the team to break the contract, but not the player...when in reality...holding out is also part of the biz in the NFL.

DweeberAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 928.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards in first place, Hawks in last. Sun is out, all must be right with the world in Arizona.
Actually, the sun is not out. Supposed to get up to 1 to 2 inches of rain this afternoon into tomorrow. But it does feel very sunny right now.

DweeberAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 928.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the sun is not out. Supposed to get up to 1 to 2 inches of rain this afternoon into tomorrow. But it does feel very sunny right now.

As far as Kam thing is, most of the division would rather he keep out for the betterment of the conference.... Seattle at 0-2 is a good thing.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as i like the seahawks at 0-2, they still have a better chance of making the playoffs then the rams...

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Kam has them where he wants them, but looking at the schedule, I think Seattle just has to weather the storm. Now if they somehow drop one to Chicago, oh boy...