• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Food For Thought on Sally P.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
• Salvador Perez, Kansas City Royals: A .617 OPS start may have many wondering if the preseason breakout candidate is broken. Too much hype, perhaps? One thing's for sure -- the catcher doesn't have enough patience, as he hasn't taken a walk in his first 66 at-bats. But we'd like to preach that his owners have a little patience with him. Though he has played over parts of the past three seasons, Perez has yet to log a full season. Overall, his production has been pretty toothless, but he still has at least one hit in 14 of the 16 games he's played. In other words, Perez's bat is working, which is the primary worry with any hitter. With a player this talented at a position this thin, it's worth taking a chance that those hits will start carrying a bit more punch soon.

Read More: Fantasy baseball Trade Tips: Time to buy Evan Gattis, Brett Lawrie - Fantasy Sports - Paul Forrester - SI.com

I'm the last person to be preaching patience, but c'mon, Sally! :wtf:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am waiting it out. If he is still struggling when and if Zunino gets the call, I may pull the plug. Otherwise, you got to wait.

Remember when Pablo Sandoval was C eligible? His first moth was a little better than Perez. but not much. He hit a ton of singles. The power didn't arrive until the weather got a little warmer. If Perez is still hitting 8th with less than 2 bombs this time next month, then we may need to move on.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
• Salvador Perez, Kansas City Royals: A .617 OPS start may have many wondering if the preseason breakout candidate is broken. Too much hype, perhaps? One thing's for sure -- the catcher doesn't have enough patience, as he hasn't taken a walk in his first 66 at-bats. But we'd like to preach that his owners have a little patience with him. Though he has played over parts of the past three seasons, Perez has yet to log a full season. Overall, his production has been pretty toothless, but he still has at least one hit in 14 of the 16 games he's played. In other words, Perez's bat is working, which is the primary worry with any hitter. With a player this talented at a position this thin, it's worth taking a chance that those hits will start carrying a bit more punch soon.

Read More: Fantasy baseball Trade Tips: Time to buy Evan Gattis, Brett Lawrie - Fantasy Sports - Paul Forrester - SI.com

I'm the last person to be preaching patience, but c'mon, Sally! :wtf:

Gotta hold out there Chef. He should come around. That is, unless pretty much every MLB writer got it wrong about him this offseason.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am waiting it out. If he is still struggling when and if Zunino gets the call, I may pull the plug. Otherwise, you got to wait.

Remember when Pablo Sandoval was C eligible? His first moth was a little better than Perez. but not much. He hit a ton of singles. The power didn't arrive until the weather got a little warmer. If Perez is still hitting 8th with less than 2 bombs this time next month, then we may need to move on.

Yeah, I agree with you and BigD, but someone should tell him that a few walks might be good for the soul...Just ask Duda. :)

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree with you and BigD, but someone should tell him that a few walks might be good for the soul...Just ask Duda. :)

I was all ready to give you the "nobody walks off the island" baseball chestnut, but it does not fit, as Perez is from Venezuela.

So,..........................., i've got nothing.

:what:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree with you and BigD, but someone should tell him that a few walks might be good for the soul...Just ask Duda.

Walks? Who needs walks? They don't help your BA (directly anyway).

Plate discipline is obviously important, but if he is as good a natural hitter as some scouts think, his lack of discipline may eventually lead to more counting stats. Of course, if he continues to make weak contact because he offers at too many bad pitches, he will stay buried in the Royals line-up and we will both have a new C by this time next month.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was all ready to give you the "nobody walks off the island" baseball chestnut, but it does not fit, as Perez is from Venezuela.

So,..........................., i've got nothing.

:what:

That's a baseball saying? I thought it was from "Survivor"...:scratch:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got you that first home run yesterday. Starting to come around.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a league where I`m rebuilding, I`ve got Perez and J.Montero. I wish I could drop one for the roster spot, but I can`t for the life of me decide which one. I figure one of them HAS TO become a top 5 C, no???

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a league where I`m rebuilding, I`ve got Perez and J.Montero. I wish I could drop one for the roster spot, but I can`t for the life of me decide which one. I figure one of them HAS TO become a top 5 C, no???

I think that they both have that potential for sure. If I had to bet on one, it would have to be Perez. Zunino may be better than Montero and will possibly be the every day starter by opening day next season.

Where does this leave Montero?

DH? not with Morales in town.

1B? Maybe.

Traded? Maybe.

All in all, there is too much uncertainty surrounding Montero's future for me to go all in on him in a rebuilding project. He has the offensive skills for sure, but his lack of production in Seattle coupled with Zunino's presence makes me skeptical.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in all, there is too much uncertainty surrounding Montero's future for me to go all in on him in a rebuilding project. He has the offensive skills for sure, but his lack of production in Seattle coupled with Zunino's presence makes me skeptical.

Well put. I love Montero's HR pop, but it seems as if the stars are aligned against him.