• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers vs Leafs - Sept 23rd

kevgar44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have tickets for this game Thursday night in London, Ontario. From what I have read, they are splitting the team up and sending half of the team to this game and the other 1/2 to the Friday game. I will provide an update on who plays and my humble opinion on how they did, especially for the new players and the rookies we don't know.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have tickets for this game Thursday night in London, Ontario. From what I have read, they are splitting the team up and sending half of the team to this game and the other 1/2 to the Friday game. I will provide an update on who plays and my humble opinion on how they did, especially for the new players and the rookies we don't know.

Cool...thanks bro enjoy the game!

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice, and that setup should be interesting.

FinFan, your avatar is kick ass.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell yeah!! Thanks Kev, greatly appreciated man! :)

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Without a doubt! Except for this pic:

tox_1-albums-random-pix-picture197-my-tat-1.jpg

It's one of the coolest one's I've seen. ;):D:cool:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice, and that setup should be interesting.

Thanks bro the lake froze over before the snow fell and you could see the bottom while you were skating...crazy cool! Johnson Lake near Banff, AB...in the summer on a WARM day you can swim in the thing.

Almost forgot to mention that both games against the leafs are on the NHL network by the looks of it hopefully everyone can pick it up.

kevgar44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lineup
Goal - Boucher played 1st and 2nd
Bobrovsky - played 3rd, OT & Shootout

Defense - Carle & Bartulis
Meszaros & Bourdon
Walker & Lehtivouri
Forwards -
Carter, Guerin, JVR
Hartnell, Rowe (not Powe), Nodl
Testuwide, Holmstrom, Carcillo
Shelley, Kalinski, Rinaldo

1st Period
Flyers 1. Leafs 0
Shots 11 - 10
Bourdon scored the goal on a harmless looking play. He shot the puck wide of the net and it looked like Carter jammed it in, but the replay showed the puck went off the goalie' skate before Carter touched it.
I thought Kalinski had a good period. He broke up a chance in the slot on a nice defensive play. Rinaldo plays with a lot of sand paper in his game. Meszaros and Bourdon looked fairly good together. Lehtivuri was a little weak on the puck and got pushed around. Guerin had a poor period. Got outworked for the puck a couple of times and mis-fired on a number of passes.
2nd Period
Flyers 2 Leafs 1
Shots 9 - 11
Rinaldo got in a fight with Schenn. Schenn initiated after Rinaldo had hit him a few times. Schenn had the early advantage but Rinaldo finished strong. Rinaldo got a game misconduct for not having his tie downs on. He was impressive (to me), he played with a lot of energy. Testuwide is a bit of an enigma. He made a few good plays but also some poor ones. He is a big body and a decent skater. I thought Kalinski had a strong period. He was skating hard and hustling. Guerin got the goal, but it was fluky. He tried to knock it out front from behind the net, but it went off a Leafs defenseman's leg and in. I thought Guerin had another poor period, missing passes and not making plays. Holmstrom and Rowe seem like decent players. Good wheels, but I don't think they are ready yet. Kalinski and Nodl did a good job penalty killing.
3rd Period
Testuwide made a nice play and was stopped. JVR got a penalty shot and tried to open the 5 hole and didn't get it. Not a great move. Carter had a good rush and was stopped. Sorry not impressed with Guerin. My opinion worst player on the ice tonight.
Shots 14 - 12
Goal on Bobrovsky he had no chance. He still hasn't seen it. It was a power play with Kalinski in the box. Walker went down and Meszaros was standing in front of him.
OT
Nothing spectacular. Shots were 3-2 Flyers. We carried the majority of the play.

Shootout
Was great went to 11 shooters. We shot first and Nodl was stopped. The Leafs (Kadri) scored on a great move. JVR was stopped. Versteeg had a chance to win it and Bobrovsky stopped him. Carter then had to score and did with a nice forehand to backhand move and then it just kept going. Guerin and Lehtivori (spelling?) scored. Bobrovsky did well stopping 7 of 11, but everytime we scored they also scored.

A pretty exciting game for an exhibition, considering we only had 1 of our top 4 dmen and missing many top end guys (Richards, Briere, Giroux).

After I get home from work, I will try and do a player by player assessment from my view only.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree 100% about guerin.. there's 3 or 4 guys out there that i'd rather have then him.. i hope he doesn't get that contract now.. prior to seeing his game i wanted him to sign but not any more

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks bro the lake froze over before the snow fell and you could see the bottom while you were skating...crazy cool! Johnson Lake near Banff, AB...in the summer on a WARM day you can swim in the thing.

Almost forgot to mention that both games against the leafs are on the NHL network by the looks of it hopefully everyone can pick it up.

That is a pretty sick looking pic. That scenery is beautiful... I really need to make it up to Canada, I'd love to do some rockclimbing up there.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree 100% about guerin.. there's 3 or 4 guys out there that i'd rather have then him.. i hope he doesn't get that contract now.. prior to seeing his game i wanted him to sign but not any more

Awaz, awesome Av even though that cup wont be above that jersey this year, :D.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a pretty sick looking pic. That scenery is beautiful... I really need to make it up to Canada, I'd love to do some rockclimbing up there.

I'm sure I can find a real nice mountain to push you off.....haha! JK! Most people love it up here so its definitely recommended let me know and I"ll hook you up for cheap.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats amazing! The lae lloks awesome in the picture and the mountains just add the "Where the Game was Born" feel.

And the Flyers jersey makes it sexy. :D