• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers lifestyle in center(Old) city.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bro had his wedding last weekend in center city, afterward I went home of course since I live 1.5hrs away, I get home and see a facebook post of one of my bro's friends who posted a pic of him with Giroux post wedding having drinks at a local watering hole that the players frequent alot according to him. He said half the team was there just chilling like normals dudes do on a sat night, I was a little jealous as he got his pic and was able to speak to Giroux...I have no probs with them going out and having a good time but if it becomes a problem and it reflects on the ice like it did with Carter & Richards then its an issue. I may have to make a philly trip one weekend and see if I can bump into my fav flyer!!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the media overhyped the drinking habits of Jeff Carter, Mike Richards, & Scott Hartnell. They made them out to be like The Wolfpack from "The Hangover" when they were just having beers together. Kind of how they almost ran Patrick Kane out of town for the Cinco de Mayo incident. Really the biggest mistake these players did was let people take pictures of them while they were drunk.

That's cool for your friend tho, what a great post wedding party.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bro had his wedding last weekend in center city, afterward I went home of course since I live 1.5hrs away, I get home and see a facebook post of one of my bro's friends who posted a pic of him with Giroux post wedding having drinks at a local watering hole that the players frequent alot according to him. He said half the team was there just chilling like normals dudes do on a sat night, I was a little jealous as he got his pic and was able to speak to Giroux...I have no probs with them going out and having a good time but if it becomes a problem and it reflects on the ice like it did with Carter & Richards then its an issue. I may have to make a philly trip one weekend and see if I can bump into my fav flyer!!

This is awesome. I would'nt mind having a brew or two with Gee. :yahoo:

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

my only issue with this is that you went home after the wedding, come on man, thats your bro! you gotta rip until the sun comes up.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the media overhyped the drinking habits of Jeff Carter, Mike Richards, & Scott Hartnell. They made them out to be like The Wolfpack from "The Hangover" when they were just having beers together. Kind of how they almost ran Patrick Kane out of town for the Cinco de Mayo incident. Really the biggest mistake these players did was let people take pictures of them while they were drunk.

That's cool for your friend tho, what a great post wedding party.

I've seen Jeff out many times when he was a Flyer.. I wouldn't say that his habits, womanizing and over indulging in alcohol was overhyped. The only thing overhyped about carter was his size... never understood why they announcers always said he was a 'big' guy.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my only issue with this is that you went home after the wedding, come on man, thats your bro! you gotta rip until the sun comes up.

True but I aint a party animal like I used to be, pushing 40 in a few yrs & really just trying to enjoy the finer things in life these days. Working in healthcare & seeing what happens when people irresponsibly drink has really turned me away from alcohol over the yrs, I can count on 1 hand the amount of times I drink during the year, its just lost its appeal. To each his own, Let you guys know if I head back down to the city before seasons end, might make a stop for a beverage or two & see who is chillin in the shadows, might just be your favorite flyer!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen Jeff out many times when he was a Flyer.. I wouldn't say that his habits, womanizing and over indulging in alcohol was overhyped. The only thing overhyped about carter was his size... never understood why they announcers always said he was a 'big' guy.

True, he isn't really that big. He's tall (6'4") but not very massive (199lbs).

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
True but I aint a party animal like I used to be, pushing 40 in a few yrs & really just trying to enjoy the finer things in life these days. Working in healthcare & seeing what happens when people irresponsibly drink has really turned me away from alcohol over the yrs, I can count on 1 hand the amount of times I drink during the year, its just lost its appeal. To each his own, Let you guys know if I head back down to the city before seasons end, might make a stop for a beverage or two & see who is chillin in the shadows, might just be your favorite flyer!

ha just messing with you man. I forget that we have some older (and wiser) individuals in here some time. if you had a good time and your bro did as well that is all that matters.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to relive the saga of Richards and Carter too much...
Hartnell would be seen, and is, in a local bar or two. Sometimes with other players. Richards and Carter would be seen at these bars and at parties on Penn campus. They would be seen (both of them) at 2 and 3 in the morning before afternoon games. Then, they would stink up the rink during said afternoon game.
That, as I best recall and have read, was the issue. Hartnell was the "outsider" of that group because he was married and at least marginally more settled.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to relive the saga of Richards and Carter too much...
Hartnell would be seen, and is, in a local bar or two. Sometimes with other players. Richards and Carter would be seen at these bars and at parties on Penn campus. They would be seen (both of them) at 2 and 3 in the morning before afternoon games. Then, they would stink up the rink during said afternoon game.
That, as I best recall and have read, was the issue. Hartnell was the "outsider" of that group because he was married and at least marginally more settled.

That just makes you wonder how in the hell they are able to stay on track together in fucking L.A. of all places...

:suds:

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In LA Richards and Carter are not the top line. The team is not built around them.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are also older and wiser. Still wish they had Richie but carts see ya...

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Richards was probably an awesome captain, imagine the locker room speeches...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgTssbfJu3Y]The Hangover - Alan's Wolfpack - YouTube[/ame]

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That just makes you wonder how in the hell they are able to stay on track together in fucking L.A. of all places...

:suds:

Easy... their in LA... In Philly, athletes, TV news personalities are our famous people around here, not so over there... They probably don't draw as much attention.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are also older and wiser. Still wish they had Richie but carts see ya...

I'm sure the Flyers would have loved to have a top 5 goal scorer in the league from last year, but that's okay

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the Flyers would have loved to have a top 5 goal scorer in the league from last year, but that's okay

Oh carts can score but guess who's hurt again. He also did zip come playoffs for the Flyers. Why would you want that back? I will give him credit for his playoff showing during the cup run in LA but that was behind Kopitar.... Richie on the other hand pulled his weight especially in the playoffs. He’s the guy I wish the team still had. hopefully Schenn makes me forget that...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy... their in LA... In Philly, athletes, TV news personalities are our famous people around here, not so over there... They probably don't draw as much attention.

That's true, but they still had to at some point straighten up and stop drinking all night and then coming to afternoon games hungover. I don't think that would fly on a Stanley Cup caliber team no matter what line they're playing on.

058james

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to make my feelings known about this,I think the issues of carter and Richards were overblown,they are not the first pro players to go out and party I think Holmgren got rid of them because there contracts were going to be nontradeable the next yearand there was a rift in the locker room between the carter Richards faction and the chris pronger faction.There were problems all season in that locker room.The jury is still out on what they got back in return in those 2 trades

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
richards and carter with all af the "partying ways' made it to game 6 of the stanley cup. They have since gone on to finish the deal in LA. They are 2 fantastic players. For what ever reason Homer didnt want t have those deals on the team, we needed goaltending and in looking back his choice failed. We got great players back but IMO we took steps back. Hopefully Schenn and Check Simmer and COoots pull it together and make all well eventually

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
richards and carter with all af the "partying ways' made it to game 6 of the stanley cup. They have since gone on to finish the deal in LA. They are 2 fantastic players. For what ever reason Homer didnt want t have those deals on the team, we needed goaltending and in looking back his choice failed. We got great players back but IMO we took steps back. Hopefully Schenn and Check Simmer and COoots pull it together and make all well eventually

Both of those moves obviously look bad right now, but they'll look good when we start winning Cups with Voracek, Schenn, Simmonds and Couturier. I think we do have to give them all a break for the slump given that they're all 25 and under. Even at just age 20, Couturier looks like an absolute stud when we tell him to just go out there and shut the other team's best player down. His offense will eventually come and we should be very patient with that, especially considering that he's a third line center and we really, truly don't need him to score if he's doing his job defensively. That said, he's been snakebitten to this point in the season and should already have a few goals.