• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers Interested In Max Pacioretty?

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved to have him, but his price tag must be beyond ridiculous. Let's draft our own Pacioretty instead

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BSchenn for max-pac. I'd do it.

However,
1. I don't see why the habs would trade him.
2. Pac isn't exactly the sniper the flyers need, but he's at least a legit goal scoring power forward rather than just a muck and grind power forward. (Simmonds/hartnell)
3. Larry Brooks is mostly an idiot.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BSchenn for max-pac. I'd do it.

No, just No. B Schenn should go no where, dude competes every night & is very versatile in positioning. Pac isn't what we need now. We need patience, plain and simple.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, just No. B Schenn should go no where, dude competes every night & is very versatile in positioning. Pac isn't what we need now. We need patience, plain and simple.

You have to realize though, Brayden Schenn is an upcoming RFA and there are going to be some sticky situations there in terms of how much he's really worth, and if the Flyers don't think he's going to be worth that, then you might want to move him for Pacioretty

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be a good pickup, but is it optimal? If I were the Flyers I would go for a dman with offensive skills instead of another forward.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be a good pickup, but is it optimal? If I were the Flyers I would go for a dman with offensive skills instead of another forward.

Well at least if you're trading a forward for another forward, you're not trading one position for a different one - if you trade a forward for a d-man you are now one forward short - that's why if the right deal comes across you do it but you can't force it

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least if you're trading a forward for another forward, you're not trading one position for a different one - if you trade a forward for a d-man you are now one forward short - that's why if the right deal comes across you do it but you can't force it

I could see that argument but don't you think the Flyers have more than enough talented forwards while lacking when it comes to offensive dmen?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm all for patience. That's what I've said over and over in other threads. But Pac is young (25), on a friendly contract for the next 5 years (4.5 mil), he a natural left wing (a position of need) and is averaging almost a point per game in his last season and a half.

I like schenn and think he will be a good player. But he's not a natural winger, we're pretty set at center. He's RFA at the end of the year. And he's proven much less than Pac.

Really I think the habs would be retarded if they traded Pac. The flyers would have to sweeten the pot there. Not sure how much I'd go, but Pac would definitely help this team more than BSchenn. Now, and possibly in the future too depending on contract.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would definitely stay patient. Once we figure out how to consistently win road games, this is going to be a very good team. This extended six game road trip presents us with the opportunity to do that after winning 4 of 6 against some pretty tough competition. If we can do that all over again and win 4 of these 6 road games, we're off and running.

Besides, the trade deadline is not until March 5th I believe. Why in the hell would you shake up the team now when we've been scoring 3.23 goals per game across the past 22 games and gone 13-6-3 over that same stretch? Only 4 teams in the Nhl have scored that often this season, which just goes to show how much of a slump we were in to start the season since we're still only 20th in scoring.

That said, if you can quietly make the team better like the Talbot for Downie move apparently has, then go ahead and do it.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's insane. We scored 22 goals in the first 15 games (1.46 per game) and 71 goals in the last 22 games (3.23 per game). That's close to two extra goals scored per game and far more than double the output. I think we can do even better offensively too with everyone healthy and three lines (or nine to ten forwards) filling the net.