• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Florida vs Dayton

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't pretty, but that is what Dayton does. They play like us, but have less talent. Please remember, they beat some good teams and we beat them by 10...It's the way it is. Florida played just fine and did what they had to do.

You have to admit Prather is a liability many times... as much as he does well driving and dunking... he is a complete idiot down the stretch.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Florida on the final four! Young in the best player in the Country. I would take him #1 over Embid or Parker or anybody else.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually would like to see Florida and Wisky play since they beat us earlier in the year*

But their fans refuse to acknowledge the truth of that game so I would like to see them play one more time with our real team on the court.

Yep. My 3 older brothers and both parents who went to UW have all been chatting-up the tourney since before it began. But I haven't heard a peep today. I think Badger's are in quiet prayer mode! Would love to see them pull it off.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I hear Young talk after the game (seems like a great dude) he reminds me of those Charlie Murphy stories on Chappelle for some reason.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. My 3 older brothers and both parents who went to UW have all been chatting-up the tourney since before it began. But I haven't heard a peep today. I think Badger's are in quiet prayer mode! Would love to see them pull it off.

Badgers win. Arizona is just not that good. Look at their last two games against UCLA and Oregon; teams that Florida beat as well as Wisconsin.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I hear Young talk after the game (seems like a great dude) he reminds me of those Charlie Murphy stories on Chappelle for some reason.

Guy is smart... 4.0 and deserves it.

My wife and I were just talking about it during this interview. He is a class act.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gave it too us...

Feel bad for the Dayton players crying... this has to be a great experience and crushing emotional feeling right now. They played great and hopefully this was enough to make sure these guys continue to get a shot at the next level.

With all due respect to their team, I just didn’t see it. Other than their ability to go on a little streak or two of hitting 3’s, they were outmanned, outgunned, outbigged, outmuscled, etc. The ONLY way Florida would have lost that game was if we just shit our pants. The closest they were able to get it was 8 points in the second half. We had SO MANY chances to make it a 20+ point game, and failed to do so. Shitty shot selection when we were up by 15. Come on, that had nothing to do with Dayton, and everything to do with trying to put the knife in their hearts with crappy 3 point shots. Dayton was horribly outmatched by UF. They never stood a chance.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the best way this could end...

Florida plays CT next week and then Wisky in the final. Those are our 2 losses this season when we didn't have our starting group.

Would be a hell of a way to end it... *dreaming*

:P

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what happens when you run out of net to cut and you’re a scrub bench player? No net for you?

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect to their team, I just didn’t see it. Other than their ability to go on a little streak or two of hitting 3’s, they were outmanned, outgunned, outbigged, outmuscled, etc. The ONLY way Florida would have lost that game was if we just shit our pants. The closest they were able to get it was 8 points in the second half. We had SO MANY chances to make it a 20+ point game, and failed to do so. Shitty shot selection when we were up by 15. Come on, that had nothing to do with Dayton, and everything to do with trying to put the knife in their hearts with crappy 3 point shots. Dayton was horribly outmatched by UF. They never stood a chance.

I agree.. I was speaking more about their full tourney appearance (e.g. beating OSU, Cuse, etc.)

Although people were rooting for the Cinderella, this game was in control by Florida pretty much the entire way. Closest it got was 3 early in the 2nd half, but we immediately pushed it out to 8 within 30 secs.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think many objective observers would agree it was inconsequential...

Michigan turned the ball over without running any time off the clock last night by stepping on the line. In basketball anything can happen.

But I do think Tenn is the blame by putting Stokes in that position... I would have went to McRae all day as he likely would have been fouled or gotten a clean shot off... that was stupid "to go to Stokes.

Just my opinion, but it seems to align with everything I heard last night and today on a few dozen independent sports talk shows.

Wow, 36 talk shows? Your head must be swimming right now with all those personality points of view, and they definitely need listeners. Probably a few in the southeast, amirite? If you believe the correct call should have been a "no-call" the ball ends up in LeVert's hands after the clean strip. What's to say he isn't fouled or immediately or moves the ball down court and Michigan burns the clock?

The call had no bearing on the outcome of the game (inconsequential) unless you want to play the woulda coulda shoulda game. I have heard no reasonable analyst say otherwise. And they certainly are not whining about the call, using it as their "go to" reference...maybe just because it's still fresh or that it happened to a SEC team. I can buy that.

The officiating was questionable, especially when missing a clear out of bounds call...on replay nonetheless.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the best way this could end...

Florida plays CT next week and then Wisky in the final. Those are our 2 losses this season when we didn't have our starting group.

Would be a hell of a way to end it... *dreaming*

:P

tourney revenge on msu and michigan wouldnt be so bad either....

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, 36 talk shows? Your head must be swimming right now with all those personality points of view, and they definitely need listeners. Probably a few in the southeast, amirite? If you believe the correct call should have been a "no-call" the ball ends up in LeVert's hands after the clean strip. What's to say he isn't fouled or immediately or moves the ball down court and Michigan burns the clock?

The call had no bearing on the outcome of the game (inconsequential) unless you want to play the woulda coulda shoulda game. I have heard no reasonable analyst say otherwise. And they certainly are not whining about the call, using it as their "go to" reference...maybe just because it's still fresh or that it happened to a SEC team. I can buy that.

The officiating was questionable, especially when missing a clear out of bounds call...on replay nonetheless.

I thought the game was over when Levert stepped out. So using your same logic against you that would have already been over?

And I don't live in the Southeast right now... so no southern biased talk shows for me. There were plenty of national ones (ESPN radio, Fox radio, etc.) but I don't think they have a SEC bias. Most of those shows I heard were out of Cali or NY.