• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fletcher Cox and Jason Peters make Pro-Bowl

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles OT Jason Peters, DT Fletcher Cox earn Pro Bowl bids

I am not suprised. The offensive line with all of it's injury problems has been solid. Peters has done a good job protecting Wentz and has been doing so all year without any help.

Cox has been really good IMO. There were posts earlier in the year that said he was not doing well but I disagreed with that. Cox is double teamed almost every single play. I started recording the games and rewatching them. I know they are bad tv but I wanted to see where the team was. My expectations were low because I though it was a rebuild year so it is not that painful. With that said no on has been able to block Cox one on one all year. He gets push every time.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even 75-80% of Peters from his prime years is better than 2/3rds of the tackles in the league, which is why I think he'll be back next year even at his high cap number.

Fletch is still my boy, they need to get him some friggin' help on the line. I read a PFF article the other day that said Barwin in his last 6 games has a total of 3 pressures. Not sacks, pressures! That is pathetic. Other than Cox, Graham is the only one that has done anything worth a damn in that entire rotation this year. Although not a priority, they need to upgrade the overall talent on the D-Line at some point too.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesn't Peters lead the league in false starts?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesn't Peters lead the league in false starts?

He has 9 false starts. The Eagles I believe have had more than 900 plays on offense so the number is really small. Yes he leads the league in that category but that does not mean he has not been great as a left tackle.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could just rework Peters' contract ... to at least lower that Cap Hit next season. He's not the dominant force he once was, but he's still one of the top 10 LT's in the league. Unfortunately you have to factor in age ... how many more years does he have before those knees give out? 1, 2?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Graham should have made it. Don't know about Peters though.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offense looks a lot better with the bookends on the line. Jane to keep Peters. He's playing at a high level.

Cox should be beating blockers 1 on 1, not just getting a little push. Great DTs get push against multiple blockers and dominate single blockers.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has 9 false starts. The Eagles I believe have had more than 900 plays on offense so the number is really small. Yes he leads the league in that category but that does not mean he has not been great as a left tackle.
A lot of his penalties have killed drives. Sorry but for whatever he gets paid, it should not happen. Get an F&@k!n$ hearing aid

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of his penalties have killed drives. Sorry but for whatever he gets paid, it should not happen. Get an F&@k!n$ hearing aid

Not dispupting that at times false starts hurt. However.....10 (after last night) out of almost 1000 plays is not a big a number if we are going to be really objective about it. He is near the bottom as far as holding penalties and they hurt more than false starts.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People that wanted to get rid of Peters are crazy.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters has dropped off from being the best Tackle in the league, but he's still in the top 10. The thing with him is that his cap # for 2017 is 11.25 mil. The options are 1.) just keep him for the final year at that number, however, doing that pretty much handcuffs our options in free agency. Cutting him (I'm not advocating that right now) would save a bunch which can help at other positions. 2.) Find a trade partner - Maybe a contending team would part with a 2nd rounder. We can do that if the organization thinks Big V can be the starter at RT (Lane obviously moves to LT). 3.) Rework his contract to lower his 2017 Cap Hit which would help the cap in 2017 but it moves money into future years where it will eventually become dead money. 4.) Cut him and try to resign him to a more team-friendly number. Doing that however allows him to test the market and we could lose him to a team willing to over-pay him.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vote #3. Rework his deal. We need to get some room to sign Pryor and Gilmore.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People that wanted to get rid of Peters are crazy.

gotta admit.. I'm surprised your not on board.

Never stops to amaze me the way PHI fans are ready to throw away their best players. Get rid of Cox! Ertz missed a block? Cut him! Trade Wentz. You really find this surprising?? It's a PHI past time.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters has dropped off from being the best Tackle in the league, but he's still in the top 10. The thing with him is that his cap # for 2017 is 11.25 mil. The options are 1.) just keep him for the final year at that number, however, doing that pretty much handcuffs our options in free agency. Cutting him (I'm not advocating that right now) would save a bunch which can help at other positions. 2.) Find a trade partner - Maybe a contending team would part with a 2nd rounder. We can do that if the organization thinks Big V can be the starter at RT (Lane obviously moves to LT). 3.) Rework his contract to lower his 2017 Cap Hit which would help the cap in 2017 but it moves money into future years where it will eventually become dead money. 4.) Cut him and try to resign him to a more team-friendly number. Doing that however allows him to test the market and we could lose him to a team willing to over-pay him.

I would take my chance with #4. The third option just does not appeal with dead money sitting out there when the drop off does happen. And as great as Peters is that drop will happen at some point and it will be drastic.

Smart teams and perennial winners do what it takes to protect future flexibility....even when that means letting a guy like Peters test the market. More often then not those players that move on so far in their career don't amount to much.