• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Five Groups That Should Be In The R&R HOF

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy that Grand Funk isn't in there yet.

As much as I liked Locomotion, I think this is my favorite song from the.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

just a few there.
I always thought they were one of the best.

Oh I always liked them... a great soul group from my teen years and beyond. I just don't know if they did enough.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I always liked them... a great soul group from my teen years and beyond. I just don't know if they did enough.

I don't know if they did enough either? Don't really keep up with the RRHF, but just seems like a lot of people in it have done very little compared to them and others.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep Purple
Chicago
Jethro Tull
ELO
SRV

Alice In Chains (2015)
Smashing Pumpkins (2015)

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though not a big fan, Iron Maiden should be in from pure influence, if nothing else.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sabbath is in but not Ozzy. That's a mistake, considering his work post Black Sabbath.

IMO, NWA should get voted in, eventually. That band produced Eazy, Cube and Dre. Great talent, that still inspires gangster rap artists.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about Grand Funk.... definitely deserves a nod. And released a yellow vinyl that we all said...."wow check this out'..

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy that Grand Funk isn't in there yet.

As much as I liked Locomotion, I think this is my favorite song from the.

I'm Your Captain/Closer To Home is the song to smoke a doob and mellow out for the night.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the 2015 nominees -

Green Day
Nine Inch Nails

The Smiths
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Bill Withers
Sting
NWA
Lou Reed

Kraftwerk
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
Chic
The Spinners
The Marvelettes
War

My picks are in bold. Leaving The Smiths & Spinners off.... 2 favorites. But I don't think they make the cut.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the 2015 nominees -

Green Day
Nine Inch Nails

The Smiths
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Bill Withers
Sting
NWA
Lou Reed

Kraftwerk
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
Chic
The Spinners
The Marvelettes
War

My picks are in bold. Leaving The Smiths & Spinners off.... 2 favorites. But I don't think they make the cut.

Chic is a wild card due to Nile Rodgers and his influence.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fucking Green Day!?

I like Green Day, but them getting in before Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and many, many more is absurd.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fucking Green Day!?

I like Green Day, but them getting in before Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and many, many more is absurd.

My picks aren't about who I like and think should be in, just who should be out of who was nominated.

The R&R HOF is really more The All Popular Music During The R&R Era (plus early influences) HOF.

I'd put money on Green Day, btw. I like them alright.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disrespect meant towards you...It just seems like every year theuy do these, I'm left dumfounded at who gets in.

I mean a pop-punk band from the 90's that's still making music?

I'll say it again, but if Green Day can be a serious consideration, already, then Deep Purple, Steppenwolf and Jethro Tull should be automatics, without question.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disrespect meant towards you...It just seems like every year theuy do these, I'm left dumfounded at who gets in.

I mean a pop-punk band from the 90's that's still making music?

I'll say it again, but if Green Day can be a serious consideration, already, then Deep Purple, Steppenwolf and Jethro Tull should be automatics, without question.

I think the whole punk-pop thing is a big reason they'll be inducted. They made punk popular or were at least the most popular band at the time taking punk more mainstream. There were no popular punk bands before them.... not that I'm aware of, that sold many records. Nothing but top top releases since Dookie in 92 too. They're a lock, like it or not... and I don't even own any of their music. Just a prediction.

I agree about Deep Purple and Jethro Tull... more so Deep Purple. They were one of the 1st true hard rock bands. .. some say metal... idk about that part. Metal started with Sabbath imo.

I liked Steppenwolf but they had a pretty short window and only a couple of hits.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the whole punk-pop thing is a big reason they'll be inducted. They made punk popular or were at least the most popular band at the time taking punk more mainstream. There were no popular punk bands before them.... not that I'm aware of, that sold many records. Nothing but top top releases since Dookie in 92 too. They're a lock, like it or not... and I don't even own any of their music. Just a prediction.

I agree about Deep Purple and Jethro Tull... more so Deep Purple. They were one of the 1st true hard rock bands. .. some say metal... idk about that part. Metal started with Sabbath imo.

I liked Steppenwolf but they had a pretty short window and only a couple of hits.

If you are talking about the original members, then ya. As far as their "couple" of hits, they are pretty freaking iconic hits tho, no? Born to be Wild, The Pusher, Magic Carpet Ride, to name a couple.

The original group only lasted 4 years, but Kay kept the name and band alive for 13 studio albums. I guess I just respect the roots and history of music enough to know that a band that wasn't even fucking alive yet, when these guys were rocking it, shouldn't get in before they do.

It's annoying to see a band get in before their influences do.

I have hard time wrapping my head around the question of who should be enshrined in the RNR HOF first, Deep fucking Purple or fucking Green Day!? How is that even a question:noidea:

Who is nominating these people 20 year olds?

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My picks are bolded:

Green Day
Nine Inch Nails
The Smiths
Stevie Ray Vaughan