• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: First Round: Boston Bruins vs. Toronto Maple Leafs

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand corrected. The League won’t have to suspend Kadri because he is already burning in the 7th level of hell. Looking forward to seeing the Pope canonize St. Jake

Mea culpa

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with a suspension of Kadri. DeBrusks knee is also suspensionable as is his boarding of Marleau.

Yeah..no. The knee was mayyyybe a minor and there was no boarding.

He should have gotten more in that wrestling match but if Jake de Fuck gets even a fine I'll be shocked.

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch. That's painful to watch. Shades of Todd Bertuzzi ending Steve Moore's career. :(

33c3e9s.gif

21jouas.gif

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I once played golf with Daniel Alfredsson and he told me that they had to convince Chara to be meaner. He never wanted to hurt anyone. It was never in his DNA despite the Montreal thing.

You can kinda see that with Kadri tonight. Shoulda beat seven shades of shit outta the fucking twerp.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I once played golf with Daniel Alfredsson and he told me that they had to convince Chara to be meaner. He never wanted to hurt anyone. It was never in his DNA despite the Montreal thing.

You can kinda see that with Kadri tonight. Shoulda beat seven shades of shit outta the fucking twerp.
yeah he was mostly a giant pussy cat in Prince George, much to the chagrin of his coaches, teammates and fans. (until he got mad, then look out)
Should have been a people eater every game at that level

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah he was mostly a giant pussy cat in Prince George, much to the chagrin of his coaches, teammates and fans. (until he got mad, then look out)
Should have been a people eater every game at that level

Yeah. I've met big Z and he's really just a nice guy. A friend of mine pushed buttons but Chara just laughed it off. Luckily.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doing well thanks. Still love my hockey and the playoffs. The only bad part is it will end soon and then all we have is fucking baseball ARGH
Yeah it's been tough enjoying that world series win the past6 months :suds: But on a good note, Football starts in 5 months right?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last playoffs Evander Kane got one game for cross checking Bellemarre in the face. He was a repeat offender.

So why is Kadri facing five here?

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kadri should be gone for the rest of series.

Hell … Milbury howling for a 10'er right off the bat.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last playoffs Evander Kane got one game for cross checking Bellemarre in the face. He was a repeat offender.

So why is Kadri facing five here?

The direct retaliation being something the NHL really doesn't like is my guess why they are lowering the boom on Kadri. It doesn't help his case that he crossed the line against the same team a year ago. You never know what the DOPeS are thinking, but I think the only was we see Kadri playing against the Bruins again this season is if there is a game 7.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The direct retaliation being something the NHL really doesn't like is my guess why they are lowering the boom on Kadri. It doesn't help his case that he crossed the line against the same team a year ago. You never know what the DOPeS are thinking, but I think the only was we see Kadri playing against the Bruins again this season is if there is a game 7.
If retaliation is a (legit) aspect of the penalty, isn’t by the DOPeS own admission the health of the victim a factor as well? DeBrusk wasn’t injured on the play.

I’m just looking for consistency here. Kane had two suspensions under his belt before that cross check and got one game. Kadri has one more and he’s going to get up to 5 times that penalty? I’m not trying to set up any conspiracy lines here, I haven’t even called for DeBrusk to face anything (although at the VERY least, he was out there being as reckless of a shit as Kadri was and the refs did nothing to slow his roll) but if Kadri’s suspension last season didn’t set any sort of precedent I sure as hell don’t see how this time around he should be subjected to an even more unprecedented penalty.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If retaliation is a (legit) aspect of the penalty, isn’t by the DOPeS own admission the health of the victim a factor as well? DeBrusk wasn’t injured on the play.

I’m just looking for consistency here. Kane had two suspensions under his belt before that cross check and got one game. Kadri has one more and he’s going to get up to 5 times that penalty? I’m not trying to set up any conspiracy lines here, I haven’t even called for DeBrusk to face anything (although at the VERY least, he was out there being as reckless of a shit as Kadri was and the refs did nothing to slow his roll) but if Kadri’s suspension last season didn’t set any sort of precedent I sure as hell don’t see how this time around he should be subjected to an even more unprecedented penalty.
I heard hat Kadri had been suspended four other times prior to this one.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard hat Kadri had been suspended four other times prior to this one.
He has.

I’m not advocating he get off the hook, simply that the suspension follow precedent. We have very clear precedent from Kane last year. He got one game with a history.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup, I always believed this to be the case.

You make some excellent points here BBB, but consistency from the DOPeS?!? Ha Ha, that's a side splitter.