• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First Place Warriors?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the last time you spoke those words? I've been away for a week and when I opened the standings for the Pacific division I almost fell out of my chair. What is the world coming to?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors are showing a lot of signs of improvement, but I'm still reserving judgement for a bit later on in the season. What I do love is that the Warriors are finding ways to win even when not on top of their A game. In the past it would take nothing short of a great effort from entire team to pull off a win. Now, with their much improved defense and rebounding, they're able to stay competitive in games where they're not as efficient on offense.

Another big thing I see is that the Warriors are not even close to their peak. Klay has played subpar for most of the season. Curry is shooting way below his career averages. David Lee's offense hasn't come in to complete form yet. Barnes is showing signs of improving every game and Bogut is just around the corner from getting healthy. Yet here were are with an 8-6 record with some quality wins in there. I'm really waiting to see how they respond to that 7 game road trip, including a couple back to back games. That will really test their resolve and set a tone for the rest of the season.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might actually be a .500 team or better this year. I'm happy with where the team is at. I hope that Bogut can come back healthy and stay healthy. I'm really excited about Harrison Barnes. We've found a defensive mainstay in Ezeli.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are full of shit as usual with this Bogut nonsense. Why do they always hide these injuries? Are they afraid they'll be criticized for trading for a guy that is hurt that badly

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are full of shit as usual with this Bogut nonsense. Why do they always hide these injuries? Are they afraid they'll be criticized for trading for a guy that is hurt that badly

I think it's a joint fault of both the Warriors organization and Bogut as well. I'm sure the Warriors were hoping for the best and Bogut obviously wanted to get out on the court sooner rather than later. Bogut was there to witness Lacob getting booed by the crowd. The organization just traded it's most popular player for a guy with questions surrounding his health. I don't blame Bogut for wanting to be out there.

Both the organization and Bogut should have been more deliberate in their handling of the injuries. Missing the first month of the season to be sure a guy is healthy, but having him attempt to play then realize the injury isn't as healed as thought is worse. Regardless of what the medical staff says, Bogut is the one who says whether or not he can play. He's got to be frustrated by his injuries, but I think after playing his first few games and not being able to do what he wanted, he realized that he pressed himself to be back too soon.

I'm not ready to say the sky is falling but I'm not ready to expect anything from Bogut just yet.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that didn't last long.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pretty damn frustrating, so say the least. I fear at the end of the season we'll be asking a lot of "what if?" questions. As in: What if Rush isn't lost for the season? What if Bogut plays most of the year at close to full strength?

Luckily the team is winning, but how long can that last? I guess we'll see. Thankfully, five of the next six games are all winnable. For now, it's up to the kids to continue to show they're ready for prime time.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We're back!, We're back in the saddle again......."

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a soft part of the schedule to rip up now.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next two home games against Indiana and Orlando are crucial, before the 7 game road trip. If the Warriors are hoping to be a playoff team this year, these are the games where they have to take care of business.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next two home games against Indiana and Orlando are crucial, before the 7 game road trip. If the Warriors are hoping to be a playoff team this year, these are the games where they have to take care of business.

Totally agree.

Looking at the schedule, I am worried about how the team will perform on the upcoming road trip. Still, there are at least some winnable games on this trip.

@ Washington

@ Bobcats

@ Magic

You could even argue that they have a fighting chance @ ATL, although it is coming a day after the Magic game.

I'm far more concerned about this difficult 7-game stretch, which begins on December 22.

Vs. Lakers (Dec. 22)

@ Utah (Dec. 26)

Vs. Philly (Dec. 28)

Vs. Boston (Dec. 29)

Vs. Clippers (Jan. 2)

@ Clippers (Jan. 5)

Vs. Memphis (Jan. 9)

I imagine GS would be favored against Philly and maybe Boston. They'd be the underdog in every other game. So yes, any cushion would be very nice. Maybe by some miracle Bogut is back by early January to give us a boost.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be damn disappointed if the Warriors don't go at least 3-3 over the next six games.

Vs. Indiana

Vs. Orlando

@ Detroit

@ Brooklyn

@ Washington

@ Charlotte

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still in first place and a three-game winning streak to boot! When's the last time you could say both of those things about the Warriors?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be damn disappointed if the Warriors don't go at least 3-3 over the next six games.

Vs. Indiana

Vs. Orlando

@ Detroit

@ Brooklyn

@ Washington

@ Charlotte

1 W already and another game tonight against the Magic. I'd actually be disappointed if the Warriors didn't go at least 4-2, in this stretch. 5-1 would be excellent and isn't at all out of reach.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vs. Indiana

Vs. Orlando

@ Detroit

@ Brooklyn

@ Washington

@ Charlotte

I think they should win 5 of them. Brooklyn is a talented team.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should win 5 of them. Brooklyn is a talented team.

Agreed. The thing is the Warriors play the Wizards right after the Brooklyn game on a back to back. I'd sort of like to see Jackson not wear out Lee, Curry and Thompson during the Brooklyn game and make sure they've got enough in the tank to make sure not to lay an egg against the Wizards.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guys, last night's game reminded us that this is a flawed, young team. There are going to be some ugly nights. And last night WAS an ugly night. Orlando is a young team with few huge scorers...a team that played the night before...and they simply outmuscled us. It's going to happen, but damn disappointing.

The Detroit game tomorrow looms large.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The thing is the Warriors play the Wizards right after the Brooklyn game on a back to back. I'd sort of like to see Jackson not wear out Lee, Curry and Thompson during the Brooklyn game and make sure they've got enough in the tank to make sure not to lay an egg against the Wizards.

Wizards with the victory over Miami tonight. Yikes! :sadbron:

Who guards Nene?

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stressful game tonight...

Most beautiful 3rd quarter in recent memory however. 39 points and no turnovers!

One thing appears obvious: the Ws need more consistent talent coming off the bench. The subs come in, can't score, can't defend in the paint...and the lead is almost lost.

Ezeli starting instead of Bogut doesn't hurt so much (man I'm impressed with this kid!); it's Biedrins coming off the bench instead of Ezeli that is the killer.

Last edited by a moderator:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was yelling at Jackson to pull Jack from the game and put Barnes back in because we were getting killed by the Pistons attacking the basket, and outrebounding us. If you're going to go small at the big positions, you can't also go small with the guards. This is especially true when you're trying to protect a lead.

Yesterday if the Warriors lost, it would have been on Jackson. As such, they did not and we move on to Brooklyn. We're gonna need to shoot lights out.