• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First Mock B4L81 - 4 RD draft

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That dude ran a 4.6??-?!?#?

I was so happy when Abdullah ran 4.6 at the combine, lol. I was really hoping he wouldn't run faster at his pro day but he did - 4.4's. Kid is so explosive and he definitely has plenty of long speed. Not a lot of 205lb RBs get drafted early, as they are not looked at as "foundation" backs -- I'm hoping this allows us to steal this kid.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant argue too much with your thinking. I am with Rey I still think the chances of getting Mariotta are slim. As for the trade ups. I don't think you got nearly enough for Foles. I think we have all downplayed him too much. I think if you were to rate the 32 starting QB's in this league he would come in somewhere in that 13-15 range based upon his last two year. I think way too much has been made of the turnovers last year vs what he does on the field. The guy commands the offense, directs his team well and not only that he directs them in the most critical time of games flawlessly. Just because he is not a running QB doesn't make him worth nothing. Anything less than the equivalent of a mid 1st round pick is a bad deal for Foles. You got the equivalent of a mid to late 2nd round pick for him.

I definitely agree with you about Foles -- I think his value is also higher than what I got in this scenario. If Alex Smith is worth two 2nds, so is Foles. Though, for the sake of the mock I wanted to keep things on the lighter side. Foles and #20 for #10 and a 2016 2nd would be nice, especially since we could lose future picks to go get Mariota.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great plan. Very well thought out. I think we're a bit short though letting Graham, Ryans and Cole walk. I would probably grab a defender over a RB in the third and sign whatever is left in FA. Barner is a Chip fave and he seems to like Polk and Tucker .

Thanks buddy. Yeah we'll probably need an additional OLB somewhere, either in the draft or a low tier backup in FA. I just can't pass up my man crush Abdullah lol.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was so happy when Abdullah ran 4.6 at the combine, lol. I was really hoping he wouldn't run faster at his pro day but he did - 4.4's. Kid is so explosive and he definitely has plenty of long speed. Not a lot of 205lb RBs get drafted early, as they are not looked at as "foundation" backs -- I'm hoping this allows us to steal this kid.

Anyone worried about that 4.6 take a look at this vid ... no worries about speed or quickness from me anyhoo.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not one bit concerned about a 40 time at all, neither should anyone that's seen him play. I've watched a lot of tape on Abdullah and he's a home run hitter. He has elite lateral agility, with rare stop/start acceleration, and the top end speed to take runs the distance. He's got great vision and he's so decisive, hits the hole with velocity and toughness. Fear Ameer!! Ameer as a player on and off the field, just might be my favorite prospect in this draft - right there with Mariota.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone worried about that 4.6 take a look at this vid ... no worries about speed or quickness from me anyhoo.
NOPE.....I just want a rb that runs between the tackles and with authority....There are quite a few of them and Ameer is one of them.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOPE.....I just want a rb that runs between the tackles and with authority....There are quite a few of them and Ameer is one of them.
I'm with you on a Back who can run between the tackles ... I don't want a dancer or one who avoids taking it between the tackles if the play is designed/blocked to go there. Follow your blocks, foot in the ground and cut it up-field decisively. If there isn't that much room get what you can get ... a 2 or 3 yard gain is still better than a 2 or 3 yard loss.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on a Back who can run between the tackles ... I don't want a dancer or one who avoids taking it between the tackles if the play is designed/blocked to go there. Follow your blocks, foot in the ground and cut it up-field decisively. If there isn't that much room get what you can get ... a 2 or 3 yard gain is still better than a 2 or 3 yard loss.
Exactly!

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of good RBs to be had in the mid rounds this year. Great year to need a RB.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why on earth would the Eagles trade Kendricks? He's versatile and an emerging player.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why on earth would the Eagles trade Kendricks? He's versatile and an emerging player.

It would make me sick if they traded Kendricks - he's the next Patrick Willis. The only reason they would trade him, would be to go up and get Mariota. I'm hoping we find a way to get Mariota without giving up a stud like Kendricks or Cox.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Maclin gone, what becomes our #1 focus in the draft? If we do not trade up for Mariotta, what do our first 3 picks look like?

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Maclin gone, what becomes our #1 focus in the draft? If we do not trade up for Mariotta, what do our first 3 picks look like?

Depends what we do with Foles and the rest of this FA. Drafting a WR like Devin Smith or Phillip Dorsett will be important. Also getting a RB like Ameer Abdullah.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends what we do with Foles and the rest of this FA. Drafting a WR like Devin Smith or Phillip Dorsett will be important. Also getting a RB like Ameer Abdullah.

Of course. That kind of goes without saying. But either way the attention is starting to shift towards the offense after free agency is finished. I didn't think I'd be looking at WRs and Rbs this off-season. I was thinking we could land P.J. Williams in the first. Now I'm thinking we need to look at WR early.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stress about this literally every day. One of my biggest fears for this off-season is that we trade MK. That dude is P.Willis Jr. and my favorite Eagle right now. I guess you'd understand since Chip just shipped away your favorite Eagle.

Yes he did. But Ive slowly gotten over it. Im a team fan far more than a player fan. I certainly wont be rooting for the Bills or anything lmao.

I wouldnt want a Kendricks trade either but he may be needed to get our QB. If so, I couldnt blame Chip for doing it.