• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First Depth Chart

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw this:

Denver Broncos

Broncos release initial depth chart for 2019 season

Some initial observations:

• Rookie Drew Lock earned more second-team reps during practices last week, but he remains behind Kevin Hogan on the depth chart. Hogan is listed as Joe Flacco's backup, while Lock and Brett Rypien are third and fourth team, respectively.

• First-round pick Noah Fant has earned second-team honors a few weeks into his NFL career. The Iowa product has taken plenty of reps with Flacco and the first team, and his work was acknowledged on the initial depth chart. Jeff Heuerman is listed as the starter, and Troy Fumagalli is currently the third-string tight end. Fumagalli is followed by Jake Butt, Austin Fort and Bug Howard, sequentially. Both Butt (knee) and Howard (ankle) are designated as injured.
  • Running back Phillip Lindsay has retained his starting status. Royce Freeman is the second-team running back and fourth-year player Devontae Booker is listed as third-team.
  • The starting offensive line — Garett Bolles (LT), Dalton Risner (LG), Connor McGovern (C), Ron Leary (RG), Ja'Wuan James (RT) — has appeared set for weeks. The initial depth chart, though, provides some clarity for the second string. Elijah Wilkinson (LT), Sam Jones (LG), Jake Brendel (C), Don Barclay (RG) and Jake Rodgers (RT) currently hold those positions.
  • Starting linebacker Todd Davis (calf) is listed as injured on the team's initial depth chart, and second-year player Alexander Johnson is listed as his backup. Josh Watson, an undrafted free agent, is listed as the third-team linebacker at that position. Joseph Jones is currently the second-team linebacker behind Josey Jewell.
  • Rookie Justin Hollins is listed as a second-team outside linebacker behind Bradley Chubb, while Dekoda Watson is listed behind Von Miller. Hollins took first-team snaps across from Chubb during Saturday's practice, as both Miller and Watson did not practice. Hollins has also worked at inside linebacker for the Broncos.

• Rookie Dre'Mont Jones has earned a spot as a second-team defensive end. Four of the team's six 2019 draft picks are listed on the two-deep.
  • Chris Harris Jr. (LCB), Bryce Callahan (RCB), Kareem Jackson (SS), Justin Simmons (FS) comprise the starting secondary. Isaac Yiadom (LCB), De'Vante Bausby (RCB), Su'a Cravens (SS) and Will Parks (FS) are listed as their primary backups.
  • River Cracraft is listed as a fifth-team wide receiver, but he is currently the team's starting punt returner and backup kick returner. He is backed up at punt returner by DaeSean Hamilton, Brendan Langley and Kelvin McKnight. Devontae Booker is the team's starting kick returner.
  • Emmanuel Sanders, Davis, Butt and Howard are the only players who were given injury designations on the team's initial depth chart.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish Hogan road the pine the whole game and let Lock and Rypien play the whole game. The Broncos need both of them to be better then Hogan.

I hope they pull hogan after 2 times out on the field.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach said don't read to much into this first depth chart. He said You have seen who is playing with the first-team reps. when talking to a reporter.

He has to put out the depth chart that means nothing to them at this time.

Still fun for us. But this coach has no ties to any of the players my guess is he will cut several that will have fan-favorite written on them. I think he is going to be Bill Belichick light.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hogan - let him show his stuff - he deserves an opportunity - the Broncos have an extra game this preseason.

It was interesting to see Fred Brown so high up the WR list.

Way too early to speculate, but it is a sign football is kicking into gear. Go Broncos!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never been a Hogan fan but it troubles me how anti Hogan people are. I hope the guy is the next Tom Brady! ;) Jesus it is PS relax! Give him a shot. I think all of us have low expectations but no need to get riled up about him starting a PS game.

Jamal Carter has fallen.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was interesting to see Fred Brown so high up the WR list.

It's a ruse. There is no 'Fred Brown.' Fangio is playing mind games with the rest of the NFL. Watch, you'll see a fake stat line get published and then 'Fred Brown' will eventually get 'cut' when we need a smokescreen to take the focus off of a guy we want to stash on the PS like Aston. It's a sham. It's a mockery. It's a travesty. It's a traveshammamockery.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell is Fred brown?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fred Brown is a first-year wide receiver from Mississippi State University who signed a future contract with Denver on Dec. 31, 2018... Entered the NFL with Indianapolis as a college free agent on June 15, 2017, and was waived on Sept. 2, 2017... Spent part of the 2017 season on Indianapolis’ practice squad... Signed a future contract with the L.A. Rams on Jan. 8, 2018 and was waived on Aug. 31, 2018.

READ MORE

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fred Brown was a very good college player. #DontSleep

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00