• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fins vs Jags week 1

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The start of the season has the Fins playing the Jags.

The Fins offense with the starters in preseason has shown that they are still excellent as expected. The WR position was hit with numerous injuries, however, Malik Washington is the real deal and could make an impact early on along with this very talented group. McDaniel has the team improving every year. This year will be no exception.

J.Smith at TE is an improvement in production from what we have seen at the position in previous years. He is also a solid blocker. The other TEs can make some plays too and block very well.

The Fins need to add another veteran to the interior oline. They have the salary room to make it happen.

RE the defense: I am not surprised but still impressed with what Weaver is doing. This defense will be formidable. They just need another veteran NT.

I predict a W against Jacksonville. The league hasn't seen how good the Fins secondary can be. This game will reveal that. Also the Fins pass rush will be one of the best if not the best in the league. Weaver is the type of coach who brings out the best in the players.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The start of the season has the Fins playing the Jags.

The Fins offense with the starters in preseason has shown that they are still excellent as expected. The WR position was hit with numerous injuries, however, Malik Washington is the real deal and could make an impact early on along with this very talented group. McDaniel has the team improving every year. This year will be no exception.

J.Smith at TE is an improvement in production from what we have seen at the position in previous years. He is also a solid blocker. The other TEs can make some plays too and block very well.

The Fins need to add another veteran to the interior oline. They have the salary room to make it happen.

RE the defense: I am not surprised but still impressed with what Weaver is doing. This defense will be formidable. They just need another veteran NT.

I predict a W against Jacksonville. The league hasn't seen how good the Fins secondary can be. This game will reveal that. Also the Fins pass rush will be one of the best if not the best in the league. Weaver is the type of coach who brings out the best in the players.
Almost every team in the NFL needs vet O-line help.
Patriots have been trying for 2 years.
Dolphins have been trying for 4 years.
There are a gazillion O-linemen being cut this week, all? of them bad?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking that Brewer would have at least been on the PUP list if his hand injury was serious. The Fins must see that Meyer has enough talent to develop.

Last edited:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Dolphinswire USA Today
With free agent acquisition Aaron Brewer out with a hand injury suffered in training camp (which shouldn’t keep him out Week 1), Meyer had an opportunity to shine in the preseason.

According to the numbers, Meyer’s roster inclusion is warranted.

Meyer ended his collegiate career at UTEP as a two-time All-Conference USA honorable mention. He was a full-time starter for UTEP and fits the Dolphins system perfectly with athleticism to handle himself well out in space.

As per scouting site, NFL Draft Diamonds, Meyer’s scheme fit is zone run and quick pass offenses. Tailor made for Mike McDaniel’s offense in Miami.

“Andrew has the play speed, and mental acuity to play at the next level, with another year to bulk he will be a promising prospect for an NFL team,” Jimmy Williams of NFL Draft Diamonds wrote last year.

Ideally for Miami, Meyer will carve himself a role as the No. 2 center. That would allow Liam Eichenberg to focus his time and energy at guard, rather than continue to prepare as an emergency center.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FanofPelicans said that. I didn't mean to misquote you; my technical error.

Other news: McDaniel gets a well deserved contract extension to 2028. This is good news for the Fins organization, players, and fans.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look forward to this one - Tua vs Trevor should be a fun battle. The Jags secondary looks somewhat shaky so I wouldn’t be shocked if Tua has a big day, while the Jags have two strong edge rushers so the Fins O-Line will need to hold up. Good week 1 matchup.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins offense will be running on all cylinders. They will cause matchup problems with their speed in skill positions. We saw glimpses of new playmakers in the preseason. We already know what Hill and Waddle can do.
The Fins run game looks like it could be better this year with the blocking that I have seen.

On defense the entire group is talented plus Weaver is great at scheming pressure on QBs.
There is a lot of depth with pass rushers this year.

The Jags will probably make the Fins prove that they can stop the run.

If the Fins build an early lead it will be tough for the Jags or any team to come back.

Last edited:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to see how the team starts out. Can't wait!

The Fins' have some key starters coming back to practice this week. Waddle and Hill are two of them. I am not worried about the receiver depth because of the Fins TEs.

The Jags will have to deal with McDaniel having a lot of time to prepare for the game.

The defense looks well coached too under Weaver.

Etrius24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey Guys....

I see another pirates fan here.... LOL...
And another Flyers fan here

Go fish.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 is here . Time to witness more overpaid, Terrible Tua led Dolphins mediocrity. It is going to be another season of falling short of the ultimate goal because this team refuses to get a QB who can get it done.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First drive of the season and nerd McDaniel wanting to be the tough guy going for it on 4th down rather than go for the smart play decision… naturally, Tua Turntheballova can't execute. Dolphins turn it over on downs.

It has begun.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua Turnover on downs?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins and Tua saved by the defense as usual.