• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Finally did my last PPR draft yesterday

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's how Ron Mexico made out - 5th pick, PPR, 1 flex, 1 IDP:

5. Jamaal Charles
20. Drew Brees
29. Reggie Bush
44. Gio Bernard
53. Antonio Brown
68. Cecil Shorts
77. TY Hilton
92. Ben Tate
101. Jordan Cameron
116. New England
125. Danny Woodhead
140. Jay Cutler
149. Cordarralle Patterson
164. Josh Brown (had to go pee and missed my pick so it was auto picked)
173. Kendall Wright
188. Derrick Johnson
197. Roy Helu

My RBs are overall the best in the league but my WRs are seriously lacking. I may have to parlay Cutler into a decent WR, but overall I was pleased. Thoughts?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The self-analysis is pretty good, but I'm not crazy about the Brees pick. You could have had someone like Julio or Cobb to go along with Antonio Brown instead of Cecil Shorts (although I actually like Hilton better anyway), and taken a QB in the 6th or so. I think Brees is a lock to be one of the top three QBs, so his reliability helps, but I don't think there will be enough difference between the top three QBs and the #8-10 QBs to make up for what you lost at WR.

I think Stafford + Julio > Brees + Shorts

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The self-analysis is pretty good, but I'm not crazy about the Brees pick. You could have had someone like Julio or Cobb to go along with Antonio Brown instead of Cecil Shorts (although I actually like Hilton better anyway), and taken a QB in the 6th or so. I think Brees is a lock to be one of the top three QBs, so his reliability helps, but I don't think there will be enough difference between the top three QBs and the #8-10 QBs to make up for what you lost at WR.

I think Stafford + Julio > Brees + Shorts

I agree, and I was thinking the same thing. In fact, I could've had Andrew Luck in the 7th. I was thrilled to get Cutler as late as I did, and I'm hoping he has a monster year so I can get someone good. Of course, WR is also the best position for finding waiver wire stars. I'm also really, really hoping Foster goes down. If so, the Foster owner also has Brandon Marshall and Victor Cruz, so I could go after one of them.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure what you will be able to land for cutler, but you could move brees and land a decent QB + WR for him, imo.

Sick nasty RB corps

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure what you will be able to land for cutler, but you could move brees and land a decent QB + WR for him, imo.

Sick nasty RB corps

That's a really good point, and the whole reason I took Cutler late is because I think he could end up becoming a legit QB1 with Trestman. If that means I can enjoy Brees for a few weeks and see how the WR pool turns out and maybe move him and get me someone else, then it paid off. We'll see. Do you think I should trade Brees now or wait and see what happens with injuries en sech?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think I should trade Brees now or wait and see what happens with injuries en sech?

Not only injuries and stuff, but you should probably make sure about Cutler first. Wouldn't want to stick yourself with a bad Cutler. (depending on the QB you get back, if that's the route you'd go?)

I'm also really, really hoping Foster goes down. If so, the Foster owner also has Brandon Marshall and Victor Cruz, so I could go after one of them.

did you test the waters with him yet? maybe a Shorts/Tate lands you a "sore-heeled" Cruz right now?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only injuries and stuff, but you should probably make sure about Cutler first. Wouldn't want to stick yourself with a bad Cutler. (depending on the QB you get back, if that's the route you'd go?)

did you test the waters with him yet? maybe a Shorts/Tate lands you a "sore-heeled" Cruz right now?

Excellent point about Cutler. I haven't tested the waters yet, simply because if Foster does get hurt and miss time (which I feel very strongly about), Tate becomes more valuable than a tandom with Cecil Shorts for Victor Cruz, IMO. At that point, I'd be looking to trade Tate for someone much more valuable, some like Andre Johnson or Reggie Wayne.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because if Foster does get hurt and miss time (which I feel very strongly about)

you feel strongly about Foster getting hurt? ... okay then, I have no argument for that... good luck waiting for injury to trade someone that would benefit. (if I owned Foster and Marshall, and Foster got hurt, I wouldn't give you Marshall for Tate).. but that's me.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's how Ron Mexico made out - 5th pick, PPR, 1 flex, 1 IDP:

29. Reggie Bush
44. Gio Bernard
53. Antonio Brown
68. Cecil Shorts
77. TY Hilton

Wilwhite was pretty much on with the positive criticism. Not sure what was on board but Bernard may have been a reach at 44. I personally like the Brees pick because its possible the experts could be wrong about what Luck, Kaepernick, Wilson, etc do this year from a fantasy perspective. While you are weak at WR...Brown, Shorts and Hilton all offer week where they could explode for 3 95 1TD...not a lot of receptions but still good scoring due to yards gained & TDs. Your RB situation is GREAT!!! lol

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilwhite was pretty much on with the positive criticism. Not sure what was on board but Bernard may have been a reach at 44. I personally like the Brees pick because its possible the experts could be wrong about what Luck, Kaepernick, Wilson, etc do this year from a fantasy perspective. While you are weak at WR...Brown, Shorts and Hilton all offer week where they could explode for 3 95 1TD...not a lot of receptions but still good scoring due to yards gained & TDs. Your RB situation is GREAT!!! lol

I reached for Gio because I knew he was gonna be gone by the time the snake got to me for my 5th round pick. The only reason I was concerned about his situation was I thought BJGE was gonna steal GL carries, but Bernard finished the preseason with three 1-yd TD runs, so clearly they have some confidence in the kid. There's really nothing to this point that BJGE offers that is better than Bernard, so IMO I grabbed a dynamic starting RB at the end of rd 4. Maybe I missed something, but I'm seeing at least 25 total touches a game for this kid between carries and catches.

:hope:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you feel strongly about Foster getting hurt? ... okay then, I have no argument for that... good luck waiting for injury to trade someone that would benefit. (if I owned Foster and Marshall, and Foster got hurt, I wouldn't give you Marshall for Tate).. but that's me.

Maybe I'm buying into his past 3 years and Tate's preseason work too much, but Kubiak did even say Foster won't be getting a full workload at least in week 1, so Tate could put up big numbers right away. I certainly wasn't gonna go for a Tate-for-Marshall straight up, I don't think anyone is that dumb. But I figure I could throw in some others, as the guy who has Foster in my league is in big trouble at RB (his only other RBs are DMC, Shonn Greene and Joique Bell).