• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final thoughts on the rookie camp weekend

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many of the rookies and camp invites got some strong reviews this weekend. One of the pleasant surprises was Kasen Williams. Looks like he's earned a spot on the 90 man roster going into summertime.

Lockett looks like a front runner for the PR/KR job.

Lots of potential with the lineman selected, especially Oline.

Good review of what went down this weekend:

Eight Things We Learned From Day 3 Of Seahawks Rookie Minicamp | Seattle Seahawks

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's exciting to read about the rookies.
I hope for a cohesive OL this year.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always difficult for any Oline rookie, even the first rounders, to be a competent starter out of the gate. But we got Britt coming back now in year 2 at RT. Okung at LT. Alvin Bailey is reported to be in perfect condition. Sweezy will bring nastiness to the interior again. And now we got 3 draft picks coming in. Online could be improved this year for sure, but fall camp will be way different.

Go Hawks!!!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to watch day 1 of rookie camp last year, so it's crazy how quickly a year has gone by.

One of the most interesting things from this one that I saw over the weekend was that Eric Pinkins is being switched to OLB. Kasen Williams is another story to watch -- wonder if he's got the potential to push out Matthews or Lockette to make the team.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff here. No surprise with Clark/Lockett. Clark was easily the most agile D-Lineman of the draft with incredible cone/shuttle times (which is all I care about, F bench press/40 yard for D-Line). Guy has an intense motor. Reminds me of Cassius Marsh just WAY better athleticism.

Lockett will be a beast. The guy just got open in college. If Lockett doesn't go past 700 yards this year I'll be disappointed (even as much as we run). I don't expect many TDs from him since Graham + Lynch + Matthews (if we keep him) will likely be the end zone threat, but I'd expect a 700 yard 3TD season from Lockett which would be HUGE.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff here. No surprise with Clark/Lockett. Clark was easily the most agile D-Lineman of the draft with incredible cone/shuttle times (which is all I care about, F bench press/40 yard for D-Line). Guy has an intense motor. Reminds me of Cassius Marsh just WAY better athleticism.

Lockett will be a beast. The guy just got open in college. If Lockett doesn't go past 700 yards this year I'll be disappointed (even as much as we run). I don't expect many TDs from him since Graham + Lynch + Matthews (if we keep him) will likely be the end zone threat, but I'd expect a 700 yard 3TD season from Lockett which would be HUGE.

I think we'll see more from him in the return game than as a receiver this season, but as they did with Richardson and Norwood last year, I think they'll work him into the rotation as the season progresses. Having him out there at the same time as Lynch and Graham should get him some open looks, but I think his biggest impact will come as a returner this season.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll see more from him in the return game than as a receiver this season, but as they did with Richardson and Norwood last year, I think they'll work him into the rotation as the season progresses. Having him out there at the same time as Lynch and Graham should get him some open looks, but I think his biggest impact will come as a returner this season.
Yeah, I think expecting 700 yds from a rookie on this team is not realistic. He'll be 4th at best in the pecking order behind Graham, Baldwin, and Kearse. Maybe even 5th behind Luke W or when Richardson is ready. That's not going to get him to 700 yds.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about this for a second.

Our two biggest issues last year when it came to offense was:

Lack of true PR/KR guy to put our offense in a better place to start than the 20ydline /fair catch. Tates return abilities were missed bad last year.

And passing game in the redzone.

This offseason we get Lockett and Graham. Unreal.

Nothing is guaranteed with either, but at the same time, god damn..... Think about the nightmare facing teams trying to game plan for this now. Especially coming to CLink to play.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about this for a second.

Our two biggest issues last year when it came to offense was:

Lack of true PR/KR guy to put our offense in a better place to start than the 20ydline /fair catch. Tates return abilities were missed bad last year.

And passing game in the redzone.

This offseason we get Lockett and Graham. Unreal.

Nothing is guaranteed with either, but at the same time, god damn..... Think about the nightmare facing teams trying to game plan for this now. Especially coming to CLink to play.
Definitely appears to be 2 adds that will/should help right away, but I would probably say our biggest issue last year was an injured and underperforming OL.