• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final Outcome of my team (Just drafted)

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 team league with 3 keepers... just a reminder. PPR.

QB- Andrew Luck
RB- Matt Forte
RB-Stevan Ridley
WR- Julio Jones
WR- Randall Cobb
RB/WR- Montee Ball
TE- Tony Gonzalez
D/ST- Chicago Bears
K- Sebastian Janikowski
-----------------------------
Bench
QB- Tony Romo
RB- DeAngelo Williams
WR- Miles Austin
RB- Jacquizz Rodgers
WR- Vincent Brown
RB- Roy Helu

What do you guys think? Is this a potential playoff team?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB- Andrew Luck - I love Luck this year. He has his former Stanford OC heading the offense, and he just looks so damn comfortable and confident. Top 5 fantasy starter IMO.
RB- Matt Forte - Another guy I love. I have the 5th pick in an upcoming draft and I've been trying to trade down, because I'm gonna look mighty dumb drafting him 5th. Top level PPR RB.
RB-Stevan Ridley - I'd like this better if you also got Shane Vereen. They may end up just being a solid thunder/lightning combo, and both should have their merit. Should get 10+ TD on the ground.
WR- Julio Jones - Monster pick, excellent choice. Could end up top 3 at the position.
WR- Randall Cobb - Very solid WR2. Had 80+ catches last year and that number should increase with Nelson banged up and Jennings gone. Return + rushing attempts are a plus.
RB/WR- Montee Ball - I don't buy the Hilliman talk even slightly. Peyton doesn't trust him, and he just hasn't run well. Ball will be the bell cow there sooner rather than later.
TE- Tony Gonzalez - Can't knock it. The guy just keeps bringing it over and over.
D/ST- Chicago Bears - Solid
K- Sebastian Janikowski - Solid
Bench
QB- Tony Romo - Very nice QB2 option. Week 8 (Luck's bye) is against Detroit, so he'll put up big numbers.
RB- DeAngelo Williams - I've been endorsing this guy as a decent RB3/flex and potentially a decent RB2 if need be. Having him as your RB4 is solid.
WR- Miles Austin - Still looks great this preseason. You don't have to rely on him with your other options, so I am a big fan.
RB- Jacquizz Rodgers - Don't like him at all. If he couldn't take advantage last year and become a viable option with Turner, he isn't gonna do anything with a real RB there now.
WR- Vincent Brown - Someone has to catch the ball out there, right? It's good he isn't a starter for you.
RB- Roy Helu - Big fan even as a stand-alone option at flex, even if Morris is healthy. He's the 3DRB and a solid pass catcher. He could have a very solid season.

I'd definitely say it's a playoff team. Nice job man.

axman15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid team for a keeper. Luck is going to be a stud for years to come. Ridley isn't great in PPR, and I'm not sure how many receptions Ball will get, but Forte is great in that format. You got 2 young top 20 receivers which is great, and Gonzalez still has one good year left in him. Bench is solid. I think you have a good shot at the playoffs.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice RB1 and WR1/2, and I like Vincent Brown on the bench. Not crazy about the RB depth - Elway himself was talking about a committee at RB and that Moreno fits in as the third-down back and that Ball is still learning, so Ball may have a rough fantasy year, especially in PPR. DWill and Quizz are guys you don't want to counting on, so that leaves you with probably Austin at the flex and trouble in bye weeks or if any of your top guys gets hurt.

But your big three look very nice, and you should start off the season pretty well, and things always change.

Out of curiosity, where did Bernard get drafted?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice RB1 and WR1/2, and I like Vincent Brown on the bench. Not crazy about the RB depth - Elway himself was talking about a committee at RB and that Moreno fits in as the third-down back and that Ball is still learning, so Ball may have a rough fantasy year, especially in PPR. DWill and Quizz are guys you don't want to counting on, so that leaves you with probably Austin at the flex and trouble in bye weeks or if any of your top guys gets hurt.

But your big three look very nice, and you should start off the season pretty well, and things always change.

Out of curiosity, where did Bernard get drafted?

Where you going with this?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bernard wasn't an option for me... he was taken pretty early. Since I had the first pick I had to wait a while before I made my next pick. He was off the board before my back to back picks came up.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the feedback though, you guys. I appreciate it. I'm hoping Ball can carry the load and have a a breakout year if not then I still got Austin/Williams to fill in for the flex position. That's probably my only weakness right now. But if Ball has a big year then things could look good.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck, AZ.

Where you going with this?

To my 10-team PPR draft in 10 days... I know he's flying up the boards, just want to know how high.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 team league with 3 keepers... just a reminder. PPR.

QB- Andrew Luck
RB- Matt Forte
RB-Stevan Ridley
WR- Julio Jones
WR- Randall Cobb
RB/WR- Montee Ball
TE- Tony Gonzalez
D/ST- Chicago Bears
K- Sebastian Janikowski
Bench
QB- Tony Romo
RB- DeAngelo Williams
WR- Miles Austin
RB- Jacquizz Rodgers
WR- Vincent Brown
RB- Roy Helu

What do you guys think? Is this a potential playoff team?

i also believe the rb bench is a bit weak
especially if Ridley fails at Rb2 all of your replacement Rbs have question marks beside them
but you sure have some guns in Luck-Cobb-Jones-Forte nice PPR squad right there

im curious to know when you grabbed Romo...if you plan on playing Luck all the time then your Rb depth could have been stronger had you not taken a backup Qb
of course im assuming that Rb depth was there when you took Romo

also i like Romo maybe as much as Luck this year but for the future Luck is the one

so i guess im saying is why pay the price for Romo to ride the bench ....

i feel that when the time comes lets say the week of Luck's bye or one week prior you drop the biggest under performer on the team and grab a bye week replacement

but yes a potential playoff team your big guns are just that Big

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i also believe the rb bench is a bit weak
especially if Ridley fails at Rb2 all of your replacement Rbs have question marks beside them
but you sure have some guns in Luck-Cobb-Jones-Forte nice PPR squad right there

im curious to know when you grabbed Romo...if you plan on playing Luck all the time then your Rb depth could have been stronger had you not taken a backup Qb
of course im assuming that Rb depth was there when you took Romo

also i like Romo maybe as much as Luck this year but for the future Luck is the one

so i guess im saying is why pay the price for Romo to ride the bench ....

i feel that when the time comes lets say the week of Luck's bye or one week prior you drop the biggest under performer on the team and grab a bye week replacement

but yes a potential playoff team your big guns are just that Big

Romo actually fell to me... I didn't plan on drafting a backup QB high but he just kept dropping and dropping so I finally took him. There weren't any RB options that were intriguing at that point to be honest... people drafted RB's early and often so they were all off the board pretty early.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To my 10-team PPR draft in 10 days... I know he's flying up the boards, just want to know how high.

I'm thinking the same thing. I have one final draft this Sunday - 12 team, no keeper, PPR, and I have the 5th pick. I'm thinking I'm gonna go one of Charles/Spiller/McCoy and then Reggie Bush as my 1-2, and then I may not draft a RB until maybe the 6th-7th with Bernard. I really like him to get on the field early and be a weapon in the passing game. If AJ Green is doubled, there isn't much else on Cincy that strikes fear in the passing game, so dumping it off may be the best option. My only concern in my draft is that I have several Bengal fans in my league so I may need to reach to get him. I value him and Shane Vereen similarly.

Who would you rather have and where would you want to take them?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Bernard as a top-15 PPR RB, while I see Vereen as a top-20.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Bernard as a top-15 PPR RB, while I see Vereen as a top-20.

If he ends up taking the starting nod from BJGE (Which will happen at some point), does that impact your opinion of him? I almost want to say if that happens and BJGE is used solely for short yardage, Bernard is a very legit RB2 in PPR.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top-15 makes a legit RB2, right? ... but we're jacking dude's thread.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top-15 makes a legit RB2, right? ... but we're jacking dude's thread.

Sorry, I should've used other words. I'd put him as a very high end RB2, the kind that could even sneak into RB1 territory...

But you're right. Apologies, Arizona_Sting.