• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final Mock Draft B4L81 V.2

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the draft is around the corner, here's one last mock. I'm expecting a lot of movement and trades. I think we go up and get Mariota -- I also think we end up trading away my boy Kendricks, and other players as well. I really don't see us trading away both Kendricks and Cox though….or maybe I just don't want to see that.

Trades:
-Trade Brandon Boykin for Dion Jordan
-Trade Vinny Curry for a late 2nd/Early 3rd
-Trade 2nd, 4th and 7th for a higher 2nd round pick

Trade Sam Bradford (or #19), #20, Mychal Kendricks :rolleyes2::tsk: and 2016 1st rounder
to the Titans for:
#2 overall

Draft:
1st RD (#2): Marcus Mariota QB: A potential franchise QB who is tailor made for this offense. He has the physical tools you drool about. He has the accuracy, the touch, and the arm to make all the throws. He's a freak athlete who is not only straight line fast like Kaepernick, but he is explosive laterally like Russell Wilson - he's a better athlete than both of those guys IMO. Incredible work ethic and character. The ideal face of a Chip Kelly team. With those two back together, the NFL needs to be on watch. Big time potential in the future once Mariota adapts to the pros. With a kid as gifted as him with the work ethic and IQ, back with the coach who knows what he does best -- this is a marriage that could finally lead our Eagles to the promise land.

2nd RD (*Trade up) Eric Rowe CB/S: 6'1 205lbs with 31 1/2 arms - the prototype of the new age CB. Athletic freak who ran a 4.45 with a 39 inch vert, 6.70 3-cone, 3.97 20 yard shuttle and 10'05 broad jump. 19 reps at 225 as well. Played 3 years at Safety and this past year at CB - very versatile player who's played at a high level at both positions. Fits perfectly in our press-man scheme. Big time upside. Team captain with no off the field issues, and showed selflessness moving from S to CB.

Late 2nd/Early 3rd RD (*Curry trade) Ali Marpet OG: Small school kid with big time talent. Very athletic with the quickness desired for a zone blocking interior lineman. Played LT in college (and dominated competition, as he should at that level) but looks to be a Guard in the NFL. He's versatile enough to play center as well - might even have a shot at RT in the NFL. Plays low and shows the ability drive his man backwards, move to the second level and he finishes his blocks with a nasty demeanor. Did a very nice job at the Senior Bowl against top competition. Very intelligent and hard working kid with the work ethic to grow into a very good interior lineman. Team captain in H.S and Hobart.

3rd RD Chris Conley WR: 6'2 213lbs with 9 7/8 hands and 33 3/4'' arms. 4.35 40, 45inch vert, 11'7 broad jump. Played in a run-heavy Georgia offense. Explosive player with good body control and ability to make the contested catch. Very good blocker as well. High work ethic and character type -- honor student at Georgia. He's got the physical tools and the work ethic, now he needs repetitions and coaching. I love his upside. Tre McBride is another WR I really like here - If Conley is gone, Tre McBride is my pick.

5th RD Mario Alford WR: Absolute speedster who can take the top off a defense or take the kickoff to the house. Only 5'8 but has 31 1/4 inch arms and 9 3/8'' hands. Elite speed with good hands and ability to track the ball -- shows ability to even go up and make contested catches regardless of his small frame. Has the speed we lost when Djax was cut.

5th RD Darryl Roberts CB/S: 5'11 187 lbs with 4.3 wheels, 39 inch vert, 11'01 broad jump, 6.66 3-cone. Very fluid athlete with long arms and plays with a physical and competitive nature. He can get his hands on you at the line and flip his hips to run with WRs. Not afraid to get physical against the run and can lay the boom on WRs. Raw player with the physical tools and has a lot of room to grow. I see him filling out his frame more and having a future at CB or S.

6th RD Josh Robinson RB: Nicknamed The Human Bowling Ball for a reason. He has shades of MJD - short, very stocky and physical, and will absolutely run you over. Very tough guy to tackle. He can catch and block as well. Really good RB draft class - we might as well nab a guy later in this draft so we can use him in the future.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not enough for Curry. Young pass rusher playing in a system that he does not fit but yet he still had 9 sacks last year. After QB pass rushers are the most sought after players in football. So much that Dallas signs a Greg Hardy even though they knew he would be suspended, teams like our very own Eagles reaching for Smith last year. You simply don't give away guys like that for late 2nd/early 3rd round picks.

I still go back to what the Eagles traded for Hugh Douglas, a 2nd and a 4th which was the equivalent of a low 1st round pick. That is what Curry is worth. Anything less you are just giving him away. Put Curry in a 4-3 defense and he is a double digit sack guy.

I will say though I love the rest of the draft. Really like the deal up in round 2, I can really see this happening.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be my favorite Mock of the year! I do agree that we could get more for Vinny Curry; on top of the 9 Sacks he had 4 forced fumbles. On a 4-3 team he'd be an every down guy with 10-12 sacks and is pretty good against the run to boot. It wouldn't change your Mock either as I think Marpet goes early to mid 2nd as opposed to late 2nd / early 3rd. Good job ...

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great mock. I doubt anyone takes the higher 2nd trade but it works for me.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Fellas.

I agree about Curry's worth - I just typically play it on the safer side of mocks nowadays. I would not be surprised to see us get more for Curry. I think the kid will be a very good starter at a premium position in a 4-3 defense -- I'm sure other teams see that as well. I remember how much we all loved him during the draft process, unfortunately for him we switched to a 3-4.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really like the Rowe, Marpet and Alford picks. That's a really good draft for Ken Whisenhunt and the Tennessee Titans.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing. My first thought was there is no way you get a #2 for Curry, a guy who doesn't even start for us. Then the 'it's not enough' post comes.

Classic case of overvaluing your own players.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing. My first thought was there is no way you get a #2 for Curry, a guy who doesn't even start for us. Then the 'it's not enough' post comes.

Classic case of overvaluing your own players.

Do you realize what Curry did as a part time player? He's entering his prime. He's not one of those part time players that can't hold up as a full timer. He has plenty of size to play every down in a 4-3. Teams kind of care about getting pressure on opposing QBs, Deano.