• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Final 4 shot?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Layups- Kansas, Oklahoma, MSU
FT- UNC, Villanova, WVU, Zona, Iowa, Xavier, UVA
3 PT- Oregon, Maryland, Kentucky, Miami, Duke, Baylor
Half court- Cal, Wichita, Providence, UCONN, ND, Dayton, Iowa St, Texas
3/4 court- Indiana, Wisconsin, USC, TAMU
Full court heave- LSU, Utah, Florida

That's the list of every team I could even conceivably see making a FF and their basic shot at doing so. Let me know what you think and who I forgot as I'm sure there are some

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this year there are any layups...unless Duane Wilson is shooting it then maybe.

Id move Nova and Virginia up(assuming they both dont revert to past chokes)

Maryland and Baylor down.

Providence, Uconn(forsure) and Cal down. Indiana is better than those 3.

This march is gonna be wild. At least 1 random fucking team is making the Final 4. It's not good when you can look at almost every team and immediately have a glaring weakness come to mind.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this year there are any layups...unless Duane Wilson is shooting it then maybe.

This march is gonna be wild. At least 1 random fucking team is making the Final 4. It's not good when you can look at almost every team and immediately have a glaring weakness come to mind.
Nova and UVA are on the FT line because if poor recent history. I put the Top 3 where they are solely because I had to put someone there lol

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 12 always seems to kill it during the regular season and not so much in March. We'll see.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nova and UVA are on the FT line because if poor recent history. I put the Top 3 where they are solely because I had to put someone there lol

Yeah based off your way doing the criteria I guess you had to go "lay up" lol

I think this type of season is one where Virginia's style is best set up to succeed in the tourney. So thats why I favor them.

And with Nova while we all know their tourney history...they are 20-0 vs unranked teams and routinely pasting them this year.

So I feel they should be well set up for a good run since their first 3 games could be vs unranked type teams or a fringe top 25 at best.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also if you want a good under the radar team especially if you added Wisconsin and have Providence up there

its Seton Hall. Kevin Willard seems to have finally gotten the inmates under control. They are a solid squad.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also if you want a good under the radar team especially if you added Wisconsin and have Providence up there

its Seton Hall. Kevin Willard seems to have finally gotten the inmates under control. They are a solid squad.
Shit yep. I meant to have them on there at 3/4. Plus I just realized I forgot Purdue.... I'd have them 3 pt I think

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kentucky belongs up there with the layups. In fact if I had to name the 3 teams most likely right now I would probably replace Oklahoma with Kentucky on your list, and agree on Kansas and MSU. But I wouldn't move Oklahoma down far either. I'd also probably bump Duke up a ways too. In a year without any true standout teams, I think coaching and experience (maybe not of the players but everything around them, including the media making a big deal about how far they are going) will play an even bigger part than normal. And it normally plays a huge part.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 weeks ago I would have said OU is a layup but not now. They rely way too much on the 3 and have no inside game. The have the best player in the Country but he's wearing down and come tourny time the shots are not going to fall every night. I'd say elite 8 for OU right now at best. Kansas is legit though and WV will give everyone fits with their press.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I will go streaking and get arrested in the Ducks make the F4. E8 is reasonable but final 4 would be crazy.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way in hell is OU a layup especially with the way are now playing

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no way, shape or form is WVU a free throw to make the final 4. While the press can cause fits, it also leaves open 3's left and right. I can see us playing a Missouri Valley Conference team in the first game and losing by 30 because they hit 25 3's. Offense hasn't been great for us this year ether.

I put WVU's chances as a 3pointer at best. Prolly more realistic is a half courter

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really didn't take a recent slump into consideration. Every team has them and teams that are slumping now have a month to figure it out which is about 2 or 3 weeks longer than what they'll need. A month ago MSU as a layup would've been insanity. I basically almost disregarded it. Now if a team is slumping in mid March then that's a different story

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Indiana isn't better than a fully healthy Cal team. Indiana would never, in their life, have had a chance to beat UVA @ UVA. That was a game Cal 100% should have won.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indiana isn't better than a fully healthy Cal team. Indiana would never, in their life, have had a chance to beat UVA @ UVA. That was a game Cal 100% should have won.
I also like Cal more than Indiana BUT Indiana is capable of beating anyone anywhere because they are loaded with shooters. If they are hitting on all cylinders they're nearly an impossible guard because of that.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like Cal more than Indiana BUT Indiana is capable of beating anyone anywhere because they are loaded with shooters. If they are hitting on all cylinders they're nearly an impossible guard because of that.
This is true

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Layups- Kansas, Oklahoma, MSU
FT- UNC, Villanova, WVU, Zona, Iowa, Xavier, UVA
3 PT- Oregon, Maryland, Kentucky, Miami, Duke, Baylor
Half court- Cal, Wichita, Providence, UCONN, ND, Dayton, Iowa St, Texas
3/4 court- Indiana, Wisconsin, USC, TAMU
Full court heave- LSU, Utah, Florida

That's the list of every team I could even conceivably see making a FF and their basic shot at doing so. Let me know what you think and who I forgot as I'm sure there are some

Good list milla,

Villanova's team isn't a Final Four team, but this isn't a typical year. Thanks to recent foibles by UNC and Oklahoma, there are officially no layups for me. I cannot make KU a layup because they have choked hard with much better teams.

If I had to bet my life on one team making the Final 4, it would be ... Michigan State. And I wouldn't feel very confident in living past March.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 12 always seems to kill it during the regular season and not so much in March. We'll see.
Yep. Sooners (and a couple of others) are struggling right now.

But, I don't think anyone really wants to draw them in the tourney.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol you can't just use 1 game to determine how teams play. Especially a hypothetical.

Marquette doubled down on beating Providence. Zona lost to them. And both these actually happened.

Sometimes you match up with a certain team. Sometimes you have a good or a bad day. Cal has just been so hit or miss and Indiana has that 3 pt potential.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good list milla,

Villanova's team isn't a Final Four team, but this isn't a typical year. Thanks to recent foibles by UNC and Oklahoma, there are officially no layups for me. I cannot make KU a layup because they have choked hard with much better teams.

If I had to bet my life on one team making the Final 4, it would be ... Michigan State. And I wouldn't feel very confident in living past March.

Yeah I was saying it in the Big10 thread talking with rmilia that I felt since I've watched BE basketball heavily(when Marquette joined) this is one of Novas weakest tourney teams I've seen(talking strictly ones that made the tourney(. And they happen to be #1 in the country lol.

What do you think? I'm probably forgeting some years