• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fight Hunger Bowl - UW vs BYU

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW, WSU headed to bowl games | Cougar Football | The Seattle Times

No shock, about what we expected. Will be interesting to see how the seniors respond to their HC leaving and not having their usual practice coaches and play callers, but maybe I'm alone in this... I'm not all that hyped up into bowl season. I'm way more interested in seeing what spring brings.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an interesting matchup at least. I'd like to see UW beat BYU because hey it's BYU. I think people will grow more excited about this game as it draws nearer.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm excited anytime the Dawgs go bowlin. Let's get some new hardware for the trophy case. Woof!!! Woof!!!

BbAgkdICIAAjncX.jpg:medium

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW, WSU headed to bowl games | Cougar Football | The Seattle Times

No shock, about what we expected. Will be interesting to see how the seniors respond to their HC leaving and not having their usual practice coaches and play callers, but maybe I'm alone in this... I'm not all that hyped up into bowl season. I'm way more interested in seeing what spring brings.

I am interested in seeing them in this game, a lot of quotes that came out of the meeting when there Coach informed them he was moving on, like to see the seniors come out and get that 9th win, little incentive for Sark leaving...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good intro preview by ESPN

BYU COUGARS BREAKDOWN
After a year of playing all over the country, from Virginia to Houston to Wisconsin to Notre Dame, why not make one more trip? The Cougars finished their third season as an FBS independent with a win over Nevada last week and immediately accepted a bid to the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl in San Francisco.

The Cougars won eight games, six against teams going to bowl games, thanks to a top-25-scoring defense and a potent run game led by quarterback Taysom Hill and running back Jamaal Williams, who each surpassed 1,200 rushing yards and combined for 16 touchdowns.

BYU has won its past four bowl games and is bowling in California for a second consecutive season after knocking off San Diego State 23-6 in the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl last year. -- Max Olson

WASHINGTON HUSKIES BREAKDOWN
The news that coach Steve Sarkisian was headed to USC was quickly trumped by the hiring of Boise State’s Chris Petersen -- though it will be quarterbacks coach and former UW QB Marques Tuiasosopo who leads the Huskies into the bowl season.

Led by Doak Walker Award finalist Bishop Sankey, the Huskies finally got over the seven-win hump that had been plaguing them of late. Sankey became a national name for his performance in last year’s Las Vegas Bowl loss to Boise State. He has exceeded the hype this year and has been a workhorse back. Sankey has proven to be one of the most complete skill players in the country with 1,775 yards (5.8 per carry) and 18 touchdowns on 306 carries. He also has snagged 25 balls for 298 yards and a score.

Quarterback Keith Price has looked more like his 2011 self -- mostly because of stability along the offensive line, which has helped the Huskies average 38.5 points per game.

After a midseason skid that saw three straight losses (at Stanford, vs. Oregon and at Arizona State), the Huskies closed the year by winning four of their last five.

Washington’s defense, particularly the secondary, has continued to flourish. At question, however, is who will be calling the defense for the bowl game. Defensive coordinator Justin Wilcox is rumored to be a candidate for the Boise State job, though he also could end up at USC with Sarkisian. Petersen is bringing Pete Kwiatkowski with him from Boise State, so Wilcox and the Washington defense remains in limbo. -- Kevin Gemmell