• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FIFA Sub 20 World Cup

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2023 Sub 20 World Cup here in Argentina.

USA off to good start winning both of their games. Unfortunately none of the stadiums are close to me, otherwise would try and see a game of 2.

Argentina off to good start as well winning both.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there many big names playing? Wondering if - some of the European teams at least - are without their best players with the European leagues still wrapping up. I know England are missing some of their players.

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there many big names playing? Wondering if - some of the European teams at least - are without their best players with the European leagues still wrapping up. I know England are missing some of their players.
Well, considering it looks to be the U20 teams I would say any big names you are looking for probably wont be there.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - big names might be a relative term - but for example England don't have Samuel Iling-Junior in the squad who plays for Juventus or Jamie Bynoe-Gittens who's at Dortmund.

I saw Pedrinho wasn't included by Brazil as his team wouldn't release him to play.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - big names might be a relative term - but for example England don't have Samuel Iling-Junior in the squad who plays for Juventus or Jamie Bynoe-Gittens who's at Dortmund.

I saw Pedrinho wasn't included by Brazil as his team wouldn't release him to play.

Yes... many teams are not releasing players. This is only partial list I found, knew Argentina was missing Garnacho.

The England squad - named on Thursday - is missing players such as Rico Lewis (Manchester City), Lewis Hall (Chelsea), Jamie Bynoe-Gittins (Borussia Dortmund) and Samuel Illung-Junior (Juventus).

Other big names who will not be at the FIFA showpiece include Manchester United's Alejandro Garnacho (Argentina), Chelsea's Malo Gusto (France), Brighton's Facundo Bounanotte (Argentina) and Sunderland's Edouard Michut (France).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Argentina is out... better team and controlled the ball, but did not get any bounces and Nigeria were quick on the counter a few times resulting in the 2 goals. Mascherano (coach) on receiving end of a lot of memes today... Argentina effectively eliminated twice... they did not qualify for tournament and now eliminated in first elimination (Argentina only entered thanks to a governor´s comments in Indonesia and FIFA cancelling tournament there and reorginizing in Argentina quickly).

England out... did not see entire game, but saw highlights and late penalty awarded looked very weak from replay I saw.

USA learns their next opponent today... Gambia or Uruguay.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USA loses to Uruguay 2-0... game was not even on here on my cable network. My brother watched back home, stated Uruguay was the better team overall.

Lost a lot of interest in tourny now that USA and Argentina are out... if USA was in final was considering making the 6 hour trip.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Argentinians are excited that Uruguay won the tournament!:laugh3:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Argentinians are excited that Uruguay won the tournament!:laugh3:

Actually Argentina / Uruguay relationship a bit different.

Argentines do not mind Uruguay much....
- Uruguay only country with similar Spanish pronounciation and almost a little brother.. many I know here were happy they won
- 2 South American rivals Argentines do not want to see win are Brazil and Chile... Brazil very good and understandable... Chile because of Falklands War... they helped England and still have not forgiven them.

On the other hand... Uruguay very much happy when Argentina loses... they do not recipricate the love.

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Argentina / Uruguay relationship a bit different.

Argentines do not mind Uruguay much....
- Uruguay only country with similar Spanish pronounciation and almost a little brother.. many I know here were happy they won
- 2 South American rivals Argentines do not want to see win are Brazil and Chile... Brazil very good and understandable... Chile because of Falklands War... they helped England and still have not forgiven them.

On the other hand... Uruguay very much happy when Argentina loses... they do not recipricate the love.
Interesting - I did not know all that!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting - I did not know all that!

I remember the Falklands War.. I was a young teenager back in States.

Here is an article touching on Chile help: Chile’s Valuable Role in the Falklands War | National Review

Unsure how much help there was... but many here do not like Chile because of it. Not necessarily the Chilean people... but the country/govt and creating a rivalry between the nations. Chile and Argentina also have border dispute down in Patagonia... do not know much about that and not talked about too much, not much there except mountains and galciers for now... if becomes valuable for some reason maybe gets heightened. Govt here focuses on Falklands to get the people behind them to hide their corruption.

I never talk Falklands War... very, very touchy subject for many here and nearly all believe Falklands (Las Malvinas) belongs to Argentina.