• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Festus Ezeli is back tonight!

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Kerr he is going to get minutes tonight

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Festus! :clap:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of injury is Ezeli coming off of? Do you get the idea that if he's healthy that he'll be a contributor for GS? I've only seen him play a small amount of time, but I'm hopeful that the Warriors can get another good big man to back up Bogut, especially given him being injury prone.

Thanks.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of injury is Ezeli coming off of? Do you get the idea that if he's healthy that he'll be a contributor for GS? I've only seen him play a small amount of time, but I'm hopeful that the Warriors can get another good big man to back up Bogut, especially given him being injury prone.

Thanks.

Oh he's huge backup center. Athletic, high motor, brings a lot of defense and some rebounding

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fantastic to see Festus play today...... and he didn't look anything like he did when we last saw him play 18 months ago.

Somehow, despite not touching a basketball on the court in a meaningful game in that period..... somehow...... somehow..... it looks like he learned how to catch and hold onto the ball.

He also gained aggressiveness offensively..... and with it, some touch.

And it looks like he maintained his aggressiveness and strength on defense.

When we last saw him, he was basically a solid defensive back-up center who couldn't really participate in the offense, because he just fumbled every pass thrown to him, and/or bricked anything that wasn't a dunk. In today's game, he looked like he actually was a much better player - despite the fact that he's been away from the game for so long.

I don't see how it happens, and it's obviously only one game (i.e. can't get overly excited), but if what we saw today is real, and he's able to stay healthy, we're absolutely set at back-up center.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantastic to see Festus play today...... and he didn't look anything like he did when we last saw him play 18 months ago.

Somehow, despite not touching a basketball on the court in a meaningful game in that period..... somehow...... somehow..... it looks like he learned how to catch and hold onto the ball.

He also gained aggressiveness offensively..... and with it, some touch.

And it looks like he maintained his aggressiveness and strength on defense.

When we last saw him, he was basically a solid defensive back-up center who couldn't really participate in the offense, because he just fumbled every pass thrown to him, and/or bricked anything that wasn't a dunk. In today's game, he looked like he actually was a much better player - despite the fact that he's been away from the game for so long.

I don't see how it happens, and it's obviously only one game (i.e. can't get overly excited), but if what we saw today is real, and he's able to stay healthy, we're absolutely set at back-up center.

I watched the game last night and really was impressed with Ezeli, especially on defense. I feel really comfortable with him as a backup.

Is his knee injury one that can be a reoccurring (like with Greg Oden) or is it a standard injury, like an acl, one where people have the surgery often and then come back healthy after a year or two?

Oh, did anyone hear that Barnes is going to be starting this year with A.I. coming off of the bench? I'm pretty sure that I heard the announcers say this during last night's game. This is a pretty big move if it is really happening. I don't think it's any slight to Iguidala (sp?), but more so an effort at getting Barnes' game back on track and to help him be a solid contributor for the Warriors.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the game last night and really was impressed with Ezeli, especially on defense. I feel really comfortable with him as a backup.

Is his knee injury one that can be a reoccurring (like with Greg Oden) or is it a standard injury, like an acl, one where people have the surgery often and then come back healthy after a year or two?

Oh, did anyone hear that Barnes is going to be starting this year with A.I. coming off of the bench? I'm pretty sure that I heard the announcers say this during last night's game. This is a pretty big move if it is really happening. I don't think it's any slight to Iguidala (sp?), but more so an effort at getting Barnes' game back on track and to help him be a solid contributor for the Warriors.
In the modern NBA, the sixth man is almost like a starter, and often is in the closing line-up despite being on the bench to start. Barnes will have canyons to drive through as teams space out to cover Steph and Klay, while Iggy is far more prepared to make the second unit better as its unquestioned leader.

If Kerr is indeed doing this, I was thinking of doing the same, so great minds must think alike (smiley face here).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think it would be worth it for the Warriors to do what they can to assimilate Barnes back into the offense so that he can regain his form as a rookie. I think he's a high character guy with tremendous upside. He's very humble and a team player. His 3-point shot seems to have improved and I think he can become a very good defensive player based on his athleticism. He could even get good enough to where the Warriors could no longer afford all of the current players they have.

Steph had too many turnovers the other night (3 or 4), though he shot lights out.

Oh, is this new tall foreign guy (sorry, can't remember his name) who made a few baskets the other night supposed to make the team? Was he drafted this past year or has he been on their D-league team?

Also, does anyone think that Holiday could make the team this year? He seems like an exceptional athlete and a good shooter, though his ball handling skills are a bit lacking (2 dribbling TOs in limited playing time the other night).

Thanks.