• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Feel like we're still overlooked!

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody else feel like we don't get the respect that we should. I mean we were the AL Champs last year and won our second division title this year. We have the 2nd best record in the AL and teams like the Tigers and Brewers still get ranked higher than us and more publicity than we do.

Sure you hear people talk about our offense like it carried our team to the playoffs. Come on guys this isn't the 90's! What about our pitching staff? Where's the love for CJ, Holland, Ogando, and Matt Harrison? What about our great coaching staff? Where's the love for Greg's brother? He's done an Awesome job with our staff.

I guess the only way we're going to get any real respect is if we win the World Series.

Go Rangers!
2377d1316709157-ron-washington-smilie-wash.gif

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you that we are overlooked but thats ok we can just prove to them that we are a top team in the playoffs. But all your gonna hear is the tbs guy say that are offense has carried us to this point which is not true because our starters era is in the top 5. Go Rangers!!

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have the second best record in the AL and the Red Soxes and Rays are getting more coverage. we are hardly mentioned in any of the Playoff commercials and then it's a quick Cliff Lee. Hell they're still showing San Francisco and they've been eliminated.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't pay any attention to the rankings but I do think the Rangers are immensely underrated especially by the national media. Rangers had devastating injuries this season and still could win 96 games. Let that sink in a bit. Hamilton, Beltre, Cruz and Kinsler all missed significant time and simultaneously at that. Everybody stays healthy and you could be talking about a 105-110 win team here. Rangers can beat anybody. Whether they will is going to be played out on the field but they certainly are not going to be outclassed by any team.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly still can't believe the Rangers didn't take it all last year.
I will be pulling for them to make it back to the WS.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly still can't believe the Rangers didn't take it all last year.
I will be pulling for them to make it back to the WS.

Well, that makes 2 of us but the Giants were ultra hot and their pitching was just lights out. Magical run by them. Giants may not have been the "better" team on paper but if they played a best of 9, 11, or 15 they were going to win. Just one of those things I guess. :sick:

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody else feel like we don't get the respect that we should. I mean we were the AL Champs last year and won our second division title this year. We have the 2nd best record in the AL and teams like the Tigers and Brewers still get ranked higher than us and more publicity than we do.

Sure you hear people talk about our offense like it carried our team to the playoffs. Come on guys this isn't the 90's! What about our pitching staff? Where's the love for CJ, Holland, Ogando, and Matt Harrison? What about our great coaching staff? Where's the love for Greg's brother? He's done an Awesome job with our staff.

I guess the only way we're going to get any real respect is if we win the World Series.

Go Rangers!
2377d1316709157-ron-washington-smilie-wash.gif

It's all about winning the WS. Until then it will always be the Yankees and Red Sox that are media driven. Even if the players who had lost time to injuries were MVP candidates it still wouldn't change anything. Hell, we couldn't get any respect from the announcing team last year as the Rangers were kicking Yankee butt. I'll guarantee you we are not overlooked in Detroit. To me, the rest doesn't matter.

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Rangers have a Great Multi Dimensional Offense. A Combination of both Speed And Power. If they get the Pitching. This Team could be anybody. This Rangers Team in to 2011 is a Much Better Team than the 2010 AL Pennant Winning Team. The Playoffs is such a Crapshoot Anything can happen. But if the Rangers Play to their Capabilities, This Team will be World Series Champs for 2011.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look for the hot team going in. The Giants trailed the Padres most of last year but from mid-August on they pitched better than anyone and hit just well enough to win a ton of close games. Teams like the Cardinals and Rays will be tough outs in the playoffs if they make it. I'd almost rather Texas see the Yanks than TB. Almost. Still prefer a floundering Sox team if it works out that way. Had Phillies-Sox when the season began(like a lot of people). Now I like the Tex-Det ALCS winner vs the Brewers in the Series. We'll see.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I posted this on another thread ... nothing you can't find by looking at ESPN's MLB standings ... but it tells a good story for TEX

++++++

Momentum going into the LDS is key ... last 10 games and streak.

NYY 6 - 4, L2
TBR 6 - 4, W3
BOS 2 - 9, L1
DET 6 - 4, W2
TEX 8 - 2, W4

PHL 2 - 8, W2
ATL 3 - 7, L3
MIL 7 - 3, L1
STL 6 - 4, L1
ARI 6 - 4, L1

Basically same as last year ... only TEX, PHL, and SFG went into the 2010 LDS with winning records in their last 10 games. Need to keep the pedal down.

++++

If nobody is talking about this ... that's fine. It is what it is ... you can bet that NYY and TBR are peeking at what TEX is doing. BOS isn't. They got bigger problem than a hot TEX Rangers going into the ALDS.

Last edited by a moderator:

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hpoe the sox can win the next two and atleast force a playoff with TB. It would force them to throw Shields.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You hardly ever see anything on the ESPN MLB headlines about Texas. You'd think that Beltre hitting 12 HR's in 17 games would be newsworthy. Instead it's all about hoping Boston crawls their way into the postseason.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You hardly ever see anything on the ESPN MLB headlines about Texas. You'd think that Beltre hitting 12 HR's in 17 games would be newsworthy. Instead it's all about hoping Boston crawls their way into the postseason.

Why do you think ESPN should be like Fox News? Fair and Balanced.

ESPN is the hometown sports outlet for BOS and NY. Sooner fans around the country realize that ESPN's advertising revenues are 80% from those two markets they would realize why only the teams from those two cities get coverage. It's about the adversing revenues!

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Espn mlb home page has a picture that says "Eyes on the Prize" and shows Verlander, Granderson, Fielder, and Halladay in it but no players from the AL Champs!

Last edited by a moderator:

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched an hour long count down show on MLB network last night and they seemed to give everybody a fair amount of time. Fourty minutes dedicated to NY and Boston's collapse and 20 minutes for the other 15 playoff teams.
I also saw a 30 minute show early yesterday that consisted of a 20 minute bit of news conference from Boston as Theo and Francona explained the Red Sox collapse...It was like watching the end of Old Yeller all over again.... that was topped off by 10 minutes of watching it rain at Yankees Stadium..the camera work from inside AND outside the stadium was spectacular..the empty RF bleachers was my favorite. My imagination ran wild.

Landonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, you all got your wish. The top story on ESPN this morning is a column by Jayson Stark on why the Rangers will win the World Series. This is not a good sign.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
MLB Tonight last night (Thu) ... Mitch Williams, Larry Bowa, and Bill Ripkin all predicted TEX and DET win the ALDS with TEX taking the ALCS.

Now that's as bad as the SI cover.

Lukawren24

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I see why we were overlooked now. I don't think the baseball media ever bought that we have the pitching to go very deep.