• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorite Seahawk memories (Excluding the obvious ones)

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
List your favorite memories as a fan of the Seahawks without using the 2005, 2013, and 2014 Superbowl runs (playoff games) and also the Beastquake game against New Orleans.

I posted this on the NFL Forum but thought this was probably more fitting to share with the fellow 12s

1) 2002 Seahawks vs Chiefs (39-32 win)
- This was Hasselbeck's coming out party. He showed some flashes in 2001 when he played in place of Dilfer, but 2002 was when everyone found out who Matt Hasselbeck really was. Against a potent Chiefs offense with Trent Green and Priest Holmes (one of the most underrated backs imo), Matt and the Seahawks dropped a 39 spot on them. Matt threw for 362 yds and 3 tds accumulating a 129.6 QB rating.

2) 2001 Seahawks vs Raiders (34-27 win)
- Against Rich Gannon's Superbowl caliber Raiders, the Seahawks matched them point for point on the back of Shaun Alexander who ran for 266 yds and 3 tds. Down 13-20 part way through the 3rd, Alexander proceeded to score 3 straight tds (one was an 88 yard td run). A lot of people remember Shaun for his negatives and give all the credit to the offensive line...but man he was a great back. People say he is soft, but I say he is finesse. He was very elusive for someone his size and no one had a knack for the end zone like he did. His vision and deceptive speed/burst was also great. If we hadn't lost Hutch to that Vikings poison pill debacle and Shaun didn't get plagued with those injuries in 2006 fans would have viewed the end of his career a lot differently.

3) 2005 Seahawks vs Rams (37-31 win)
- This was our Superbowl year when we went 13-3 but we started out the year 2-2. Week 5 was a huge match up against an at the time rival St. Louis Rams team. Bulger, Holt, and those guys weren't the greatest show on turf with Kurt Warner but they were still pretty damn prolific throwing the ball. This was such a great game to watch. It started with a 99 yard kickoff td from the Rams. And after that it was Seahawks and Rams trading blows answering each other's TD drives. Matt ended up throwing for 316 yards 2 tds and Shaun ran for 119 yds 2 tds. This win sparked an 11 game win streak that led to our first Superbowl run

4) 2012 Seahawks vs Bears (23-17 OT win)
- This was the game that cemented Russell Wilson as our franchise quarterback in my opinion. At 6-5 with an outside shot to make the playoffs if we win out, Russell put the team on his back and led not one but TWO game winning drives. The first one was with 3:48 left and down 10-14. Russell led the Hawks 62 yards and threw the TD to Golden Tate with 32 seconds left to take the lead. The vaunted LOB would then give up a huge pass to Brandon Marshall to put the Bears into FG position to tie it up. In OT though once Russell got the ball he was not going to lose. They marched up the field 12 plays 79 yards and capped it off with the game winning touchdown to Sydney Rice (who took a massive hit to the head). It was Russell's coming out party and also the birth of the read option

5) 2012 Seahawks vs Patriots (24-23 win)
- The great Brady was coming to the Clink to challenge LOB for the first time. This, as many of you may remember, was the "You Mad Bro" game. Down 23-10, Russell and the Seahawks score the final 14 pts including a massive 46 yard bomb to Sydney Rice to win the game. Many weren't a believer in Russell just yet but this game showed us a glimpse of his greatness and what he was capable of.

Honorable Mention

2002 Seahawks vs Chargers (31-28 OT win)
- Matt throws for 400 + yds scoring 21 pts in the 4th to force OT and then win it. Meaningless game in week 17 but gave us Seahawk fans hope heading into 2003 which turned out to be the first playoff birth in the Hasselbeck era.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 11 false start game against the Giants where their kicker couldn't hit a FG to save his life. That game was hilarious to watch.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shockey thinking the kick was good and then missed. Here (excuse the terrible audio/video quality but only clip I could find quickly) - at the 1:10 mark or so,

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2006 Seahawks vs Cowboys (21-20 playoff win)
The Romo game. This game was played on my birthday, so i invited a bunch of people over to watch it with me. The whole room (non-Seahawks fans but pretty much everyone was pulling for them for me) erupted when Romo fumbled the snap. Really fun memory.

2003 Seahawks vs Packers (33-27 loss)
Yes the ending sucked but I loved 'We want the ball and we're going to score" and that game showed me this team had it in them to contend in the NFC. We'll refrain from bringing up 2004 if you please.

1993 Seahawks vs Patriots (10-9 win)
Rick Mirer led the Seahawks to a comeback 10-9 win by hitting Brian Blades for a late TD. Why?
- It was our first fall back stateside after years in Europe so I wasn't watching much football.
- I was 11 at the time, and I had spent much of the previous couple years playing the heck out of Tecmo Super Bowl for the NES, where I frequently tossed TD bombs from Dave Krieg to one Brian Blades
- We live(d, still do) in New England, so the game was on TV and I got to watch it.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I think back of the AFC days I thought about that really rainy, sloppy, disgusting game we had. I think it was the first time that I every watch football as an 11 year old kid.

I don't remember who the opponent was or what year, the only thing I remember was Ricky Watters was still the RB and Warren Moon was the QB.

Definitely my favorite memory.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning the Guinness book of world records for the loudest stadium! I remember watching the news, talking with co-workers, & people on the street. A great milestone for us #12's and the Seattle GREATHawks!

Time for us to take back what is ours from the LAWLChiefs! #GoHawks #TGIBF

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 11 false start game against the Giants where their kicker couldn't hit a FG to save his life. That game was hilarious to watch.

Best part of that game was when Shockey was so cock-sure they had the game locked up on their last FG attempt and was mugging for the TV cameras. The term "epic fail" hadn't been invented yet, but if it had Shockey might have been the poster boy for it that day. lol.

e2may4.gif

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I think back of the AFC days I thought about that really rainy, sloppy, disgusting game we had. I think it was the first time that I every watch football as an 11 year old kid.

I don't remember who the opponent was or what year, the only thing I remember was Ricky Watters was still the RB and Warren Moon was the QB.

Definitely my favorite memory.

Was against KC. the water was rushing down the stairs like a waterfall. I do believe the postponed that game for like 40 minutes because of a lightning strike.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, but my best Seahawk moment was winning the 2005 NFCCG.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if you include the Superbowl runs, my favorite game of all time has to be the 2010 playoff game against the Saints.

The Seahawks were the butt of every joke, going 7-9 and still making the playoffs. The Saints were favored to win by 17 points I believe, the largest deficit in NFL playoff history and the Seahawks won that game in absolutely spectacular fashion.

That's my number one, number two is the come from behind win against the Packers. I was in Whistler at the time, and it was my birthday. One of my favorite memories in general right there.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my favorite Hawks memory was a few years back when they played in Philly on Monday night. It was a driving blizzard that night and Seattle just toasted them by 30 at the half and I think winning 40-0. Giving the Eagles there worst loss at home.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about some old-school Hawks moments?

Like when Dave Krieg, albeit getting sacked a record seven times by KC's Derrick Thomas, found Paul Skansi late in the end zone to win the game IN KC?