• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy League!

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hello Everyone,

You may not know this, but I happen to be the world's greatest fantasy hockey league commissioner.

We've tried about as many times as Kovy turns over the puck to create a FHL amongst the people at the swamp, and it always ends up sucking because no one plays. HOWEVER, here we have a more dedicated group and I want to make a league.

Some key points for a successful league:

1. Rosters lock for one week at a time.
Rotating players ALWAYS creates a dichotomy where some people are willing to set everyday and some aren't and this gives an inherent advantage.​

2. It's on ESPN. That's where it's at.

3. We can decide on a format. H2H Each, Roto(blows), Points (Like F Fball)
I recommend a snake draft, because auctions are way more difficult and can be tough for newer players (something we don't want)​

4. We need to do something awesome on here for the winner. I don't know what, but maybe it should be something like everyone in the league needs to post something in their signature for a month after we get a champion. :first:

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm interested but I'll probably end up doing the same thing as this and the swamp board - post a lot for a week or two and then dissapear for a month.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm down. I haven't done fantasy hockey in years because of a lack of a solid group.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm really hoping that we can get at least 8 solid teams. I like doing a 3RW, 3LW, 3C, 5D, 2G style for starters. It works in my 12 team league fine so, 8 shouldn't be a problem.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So do we still want to do one of these in addition to the other game, or just stick with the other game. I vote for just the other game, but will participate in one of these if we want to do one.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never done a Fantasy hockey league(i recall, if i did, i sucked at it).... I must shy away!