• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fans at the stadium will be able to use phone app to hear miked players

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Owners planning to have players miked up - NFL.com

Well, this is a neat way of making the stadium experience cooler than the television experience. Especially the future possibility of letting fans listen in to the discussions between officials.

I love the idea but can see a lot of potential problems with it - mainly from a language aspect not to mention what is being communicating. It will be interesting to see how this idea unfolds.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting how they deal with the language, since it is in-stadium they'll probably just run some 3 second delay where some guy can bleep out offensive language. Isn't that what they do for radio and live television?

I'm not even sure if this is an issue but, what if the opponents buy a ticket for one of their minions and he sits in the stands listening and taking notes? They could get some inside info if this app lets you hear what they talk about in the huddle.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting how they deal with the language, since it is in-stadium they'll probably just run some 3 second delay where some guy can bleep out offensive language. Isn't that what they do for radio and live television?

I'm not even sure if this is an issue but, what if the opponents buy a ticket for one of their minions and he sits in the stands listening and taking notes? They could get some inside info if this app lets you hear what they talk about in the huddle.

Exactly! I'm sure all of these things have been considered, but I'm curious how they will be able to both protect and provide the experience at the same time.