• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fairley to the Rams

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking forward to facing the Rams this season...especially without Unger. But now with the addition of Fairley too!?

All the Rams need to do is draft Amari Cooper or Kevin White and it's going to be a 3 team race for the NFC West

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFCW still continuing it's recent tradition of strong defenses.

Long off season yet to come and no doubt all of the teams will make more changes before opening day, but the Rams aren't going to be a team people look forward to facing no matter who they put out at QB.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a cap world, spending to make a position of strength even stronger isn't always the best way to build a team when you have some big holes in other areas...Does this really make the Rams better?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good signing for sure. Decent price, no long-term commitment, and a player that will be motivated to get the long-term big deal. To me the issue right now for the Rams is can they put together an OL that can actually keep the quarterback clean. I think WR wise they have a lot of potential and RB wise they have a couple of guys that are very capable. So really with Nick Foles now in the mix get him some protection and this team could definitely be a sleeper (seems like many think this every single year).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a cap world, spending to make a position of strength even stronger isn't always the best way to build a team when you have some big holes in other areas...Does this really make the Rams better?
The big perk would be depth. There were a few guys on the Rams D who got really gassed last year and the Rams D blew leads a few times

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking forward to facing the Rams this season...especially without Unger. But now with the addition of Fairley too!?

All the Rams need to do is draft Amari Cooper or Kevin White and it's going to be a 3 team race for the NFC West

If Seattle drafts a couple of good OL that contribute day one and maybe add a WR, I think it is a clear 1 team race...may be anway...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big perk would be depth. There were a few guys on the Rams D who got really gassed last year and the Rams D blew leads a few times

Wonder if being able to control the ball on Offense may have helped them from blowing those leads a little better

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if being able to control the ball on Offense may have helped them from blowing those leads a little better
Of course. The problem is that the Rams have no proven parts on offense because the team has been dealing with garbage QBs for the past 2 years and an offensive coordinator who went back to college football because nobody thought he was any good.

So the Rams could throw money at their offense but where? The back end of an aging olineman? Thats what they've been doing for the past 5-6 years and it doesn't have great results. Veteran WRs who may or may not be better than young guys they spent a lot of draft capitol on?

Making the defense better is what they are doing because the option is available

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. The problem is that the Rams have no proven parts on offense because the team has been dealing with garbage QBs for the past 2 years and an offensive coordinator who went back to college football because nobody thought he was any good.

So the Rams could throw money at their offense but where? The back end of an aging olineman? Thats what they've been doing for the past 5-6 years and it doesn't have great results. Veteran WRs who may or may not be better than young guys they spent a lot of draft capitol on?

Making the defense better is what they are doing because the option is available

Honestly, just putting the positions on a dart board and signing whichever one you hit could help. I'm not anti-Fairley or saying ths was dumb. I like Fairley and think he (if motivated) can help any team. I just think you get more for upgrading your weak spots than your strong spots when you have a lot of pretty weak spots...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, just putting the positions on a dart board and signing whichever one you hit could help. I'm not anti-Fairley or saying ths was dumb. I like Fairley and think he (if motivated) can help any team. I just think you get more for upgrading your weak spots than your strong spots when you have a lot of pretty weak spots...
The Cowboys were able to fix their defense last year without stars on that side of the football. The Rams are going to have to find a way to do that on offense.

The Rams do need to come out of FA with at least one olineman somewhere.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Seattle drafts a couple of good OL that contribute day one and maybe add a WR, I think it is a clear 1 team race...may be anway...

There's certainly some truth to that. Having our core talent along with the addition of Graham alone makes us favorites already, but so many things can happen. O-line should be the primary focus in the draft. Seahawks should draft at least 2-3.

I would say the health of Jeremy Lane and either the improvement of Tharold Simon or the way Cary Williams performs in his role as #2 cb will be more important than drafting a wr.

I feel like getting Graham opens up the middle more and allows guys like Baldwin more space to operate. Plus...fingers crossed on Chris Matthews as well.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad.

Super Bowl here they come!

Well thats a bit of a stretch but can we agree Foles is better then Shaun Hill and whoever the hell else they trotted out last year after bradford blew out his knee?

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions fans have to be seething right about now