• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fairley Says He and Suh the Best

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

K.J.Ester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Suh and Fairley are the best duo hands down. As good as the Baltimore combo is at stopping the run, we cannot forget they also have some great LBs to back them up. Add great LBs to the Lions to stop the run a lot more and people might talk about how great Suh and Fairley are against the pass and rush.

IMO, Suh is the best DT hands down. He got 8 sacks last year while being double teamed AND the QB so often having open WRs to throw to. I guarantee you Baltimore's guys had more time to get to the QB. Our secondary sucked last year and our LBs didnt do a very good job covering TEs and such. Suh had everything going against him and still had a decent season and was in the QBs face a bunch of other times. If I was a QB, there is not another player I would dread playing against more than Suh in the league.

If Slay does a decent job, and the LBs can focus more on covering TEs, we will see just how big a beast Suh is this season.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Suh plays like the SUh of two years ago and Fairley puts together a whole season not short stretches then maybe I can entertain that argument.

The Suh of 2 years ago had 4 sacks and stomped a guy...the Suh of last year had 8 and only accidentally kicked a guy in the nuts. I don't know why people talk like Suh was anything but a beast last year despite the double teams.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, yeah, nobody here could have thought Curry was the safer pick! (my head hung low in shame).

I wanted Curry too! I thought we needed D and our o-line would just get any QB killed. So glad we got Staff but we still need D and our O-line almost got him killed!

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game one of the regular season, the Lions will be running the best DE tandem they've had since Schwartz got here.

And they'll only get better from there.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see where all the excitement for the DE's is coming from. We have a runstopper in Jones, and a whole bunch of unproven potential everywhere else. I can't see Ansah in his first year and Jason Jones being better then Avril, and Vanden Bosch in his first year here. Vanden Bosch was so bad last year it seems like everyone forgot what he produced before that. I would be very (but pleasantly) suprised if our ends this year are more productive than the 2010 or 2011 DE's.

In the future I could agree that this could be the most dynamic DE's Lions have had in a very long time.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta agree with nick, they are the best and I look forward to seeing them dominate the middle for years.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they could be the best but again we use that sorry ass excuse the Lions and us fans hear all the time! Potential!

Until Fairley produces at the rate of his potential the Lions line is better the average at best and that because of Suh alone. Before I anoint them show me the results!

SUh definitely had an off year last year. He was good by NFL standards but did not have the same impact as he had in the past. Maybe it was the wide Nine, maybe it was the rotation or DE's he just didn't disrupt like he had.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that they are the best. DT is easily the best position the lions have. If you put suh and fairley on baltimores team, their defense would of been better IMO. Last year detroit didnt have many great pieces to go along with them on defense. Hopefully through the draft and FA the defense gets better this year.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Suh the baddest dude in the NFL. Before Roger Goodell became obsessed with neutering him, the Lions were a lot better feeding off Suh's energy.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Wilfork over any of them. I don't think Ngata is really that strong of a consensus. In the running, absolutely, but not a unanimous pick or anything.

As a duo, Suh and fairley are probably it provided Suh keeps his intensity up. But, especially as the second member of the duo, and when you haven't shown a hell of a lot yet, you don't get to say so.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno Atkins is the best DT in the game right now. He and Peko are definitely one of the best duos in the game.

Anyone saying Suh and Fairly are 'by far the best' needs to start watching the rest of the league.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atkins is one of the best for sure, but the case could be made for several. It comes down to who has the best second for the greatest duo. I think Suh and Fairley have the highest potential, but they are probably not the best yet based on production. I am hoping that by the end of the year they are considered far and away the best in the league.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was under the impression Cody was borderline bust. 0 sacks in 3 seasons and he only started 3 games last year.

See I told you guys Cody was a bust.

The Baltimore Sun believes DT Terrence Cody will have to prove he's worthy of a roster spot this summer. Cody lost his starting job to Ma'ake Kemoeatu last season, and the Ravens drafted defensive tackle Brandon Williams in the third round of the draft. Cody has never been expected to rush the passer, but he's equally poor against the run and graded out as the worst defensive lineman on the team. He'll need to show an improved sense of urgency in order to make the final roster.