• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FA

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most talk has been about draft thus far, but for me I'm watching the Jets. If they fail re sign Damon Harrison or Muhammad Wilkerson I'd scoop either of them in a heartbeat.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then we can can lose Hardy.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do not want to go into the season with Hayden on the field.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Eric Weddle at a reasonable price and nobody else.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Eric Weddle at a reasonable price and nobody else.

I want Weddle, Damon Harrison, and Dwayne Allen. That is my FA wish list, and if we let Hardy walk and cut Brandon Carr, Dallas should be able to afford all that fairly comfortably.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing we need to do from a cap perspective is resign our own FAs. Looking at Spotrac, doing that will likely eat up most of our available 2016 cap space. So then we weigh FA signings from other teams + 2016 draft picks against the increase in the cap and any restructures (Smith, maybe Scandrick?). Plus do we extend Frederick and/or McFadden at some point in 2016 to keep them from becoming FAs??? The moves we made the last few years (Ware, Hatcher, Austin, Murray) to help our cap problem are starting to pull us out of our hole and leave only the Romo albatross and Carr as a problem from a cap perspective. I don't see why we can't sign a player or two, but I don't think we have quite the room you are assuming. I can't imagine even the Jones boys are dumb enough to restructure Romo again...

Now if the current 2016 figures don't include the 2015 rollover that frees up even more space and should cover any restructures plus leave room for in season FA signings. Frederick currently counts like $2M against the cap. I wouldn't wait on him and would extend him at some point in 2016. So you need to leave room for that.

Personally I'd be looking at Weddle and then depth/role players. We should see a bigger impact from last years top 3 guys and should see some kind of impact from what looks like some early draft picks this year too. This team is a backup QB and/or a healthy Romo and another good draft class away from being good IMO. How good, I'm not sure right now.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing we need to do from a cap perspective is resign our own FAs. Looking at Spotrac, doing that will likely eat up most of our available 2016 cap space. So then we weigh FA signings from other teams + 2016 draft picks against the increase in the cap and any restructures (Smith, maybe Scandrick?). Plus do we extend Frederick and/or McFadden at some point in 2016 to keep them from becoming FAs??? The moves we made the last few years (Ware, Hatcher, Austin, Murray) to help our cap problem are starting to pull us out of our hole and leave only the Romo albatross and Carr as a problem from a cap perspective. I don't see why we can't sign a player or two, but I don't think we have quite the room you are assuming. I can't imagine even the Jones boys are dumb enough to restructure Romo again...

Now if the current 2016 figures don't include the 2015 rollover that frees up even more space and should cover any restructures plus leave room for in season FA signings. Frederick currently counts like $2M against the cap. I wouldn't wait on him and would extend him at some point in 2016. So you need to leave room for that.

Personally I'd be looking at Weddle and then depth/role players. We should see a bigger impact from last years top 3 guys and should see some kind of impact from what looks like some early draft picks this year too. This team is a backup QB and/or a healthy Romo and another good draft class away from being good IMO. How good, I'm not sure right now.

Letting Hardy walk and cutting Carr probably frees up somewhere in the neighborhood of $15 million. Are you advocating keeping Hardy? No thanks to another year of Hardy...

$15 million probably pays for Weddle and Harrison - and maybe even Dwayne Allen, who won't be very expensive.

No way I extend McFadden. Let him play out this contract and then re-evaluate. Definitely extend Frederick - but Dallas doesn't have to do that until next offseason, they can exercise his 5th option year this offseason.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letting Hardy walk and cutting Carr probably frees up somewhere in the neighborhood of $15 million. Are you advocating keeping Hardy? No thanks to another year of Hardy...

$15 million probably pays for Weddle and Harrison - and maybe even Dwayne Allen, who won't be very expensive.

No way I extend McFadden. Let him play out this contract and then re-evaluate. Definitely extend Frederick - but Dallas doesn't have to do that until next offseason, they can exercise his 5th option year this offseason.

Edit: I thought Frederick had a 5th year option on his rookie contract. I was wrong. He will need to be re-signed in 2016. Can't let him get away.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Weddle, think he would be exactly what the D needs. I do think Jerry will bring in Manziel, I just hope he realizes the Browns have zero leverage because nobody else wants the kid, and Jerry offers a 3rd MAX. If he does that, I think he will pass on QB's in the draft, and look to fill the rest of the holes in the draft. I would draft a QB, but if they get JF, I don't think they will

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would offer Cleveland a box of ramen noodles and a bowl to eat them in for Manziel and that's overpaying .

Manziel is just another Owens/Tebow/Hardy type circus and I want Jerry out of the Circus business
Owens could play when not being a locker-room cancer
I pass on the Hardy Rerun Circus for 2016 PERIOD

Johnny needs to grow up somewhere else and not give Dallas the unneeded headache that he would drag to Valley Ranch / The Star in Frisco. He is like a X-wife you want to be about 1500 miles away from and even then your not sure the distance is far enough.

JMHO

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip is available, I say be careful of what you ask for.
Romo would have a heart attack trying to get under center in Chip's Offense...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Chip would have a heart attack watching Romo run the clock down to one second every player....

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to think about Hardy. There were games where he looked really good. Then there were games like Sunday where he didn't look like he was trying. Maybe that's Washingtons OLine. Lawrence looks really good. Mincey is solid. Gregory is learning. If we don't resign Hardy then we have to DE early in the draft. I have to be honest - I expected a lot more sacks this year,

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the FA lists, I'm sure some of these guys might be retained by their current teams, but if they hit the market, the top guys I'd like to see the Cowboys look at(understanding they might get 1 of these guys)

Eric Berry S
Eric Weddle S
Malik Jackson DT
Bruce Irvin LB
Danny Trevathan LB
Janoris Jenkins CB
Doug Martin RB
Robert Griffin QB

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the FA lists, I'm sure some of these guys might be retained by their current teams, but if they hit the market, the top guys I'd like to see the Cowboys look at(understanding they might get 1 of these guys)

Eric Berry S
Eric Weddle S
Malik Jackson DT
Bruce Irvin LB
Danny Trevathan LB
Janoris Jenkins CB
Doug Martin RB
Robert Griffin QB

Eric Berry would make me dance naked in the street
just not sure about Weddle, but I'm down with Berry should that become a real possibility

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know Berry was a free agent. Would take him too.