• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Explosive Brian Flores lawsuit claims Dolphins offered him 100k a game to tank

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Miami Dolphins head coach Brian Flores reportedly wanted authority over general manager Chris Grier before his firing Monday, according to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald.

Jackson reported that Flores "was essentially running the Dolphins building" but "wanted more control" and "wanted the authority formalized, to eliminate the contract annoyance of general manager Chris Grier having final say on the draft and free agency."

Flores also reportedly wanted the final say on "virtually everything" and "more people to report to him."

"What’s strange about this is that Grier—who likes to avoid conflict—basically gave Flores everything he wanted," Jackson wrote. "There wasn’t a single player on the roster that Flores didn’t sign off on. And yet Grier’s deference still wasn’t enough to appease Flores or sooth tensions between the two."

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Miami Dolphins head coach Brian Flores reportedly wanted authority over general manager Chris Grier before his firing Monday, according to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald.

Jackson reported that Flores "was essentially running the Dolphins building" but "wanted more control" and "wanted the authority formalized, to eliminate the contract annoyance of general manager Chris Grier having final say on the draft and free agency."

Flores also reportedly wanted the final say on "virtually everything" and "more people to report to him."

"What’s strange about this is that Grier—who likes to avoid conflict—basically gave Flores everything he wanted," Jackson wrote. "There wasn’t a single player on the roster that Flores didn’t sign off on. And yet Grier’s deference still wasn’t enough to appease Flores or sooth tensions between the two."
It's one of the least-discussed elements in Flores's lawsuit--the Dolphins GM, Chris Grier, is black.

At the time Grier hired Flores, Grier was the ONLY minority GM in the league. And he hired the only minority coach hired in that offseason. When Flores was fired, Grier wasn't. And Grier hired a minority coach to replace Flores. That's a big hole in the "I was fired b/c of racial discrimination" bucket.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one of the least-discussed elements in Flores's lawsuit--the Dolphins GM, Chris Grier, is black.

At the time Grier hired Flores, Grier was the ONLY minority GM in the league. And he hired the only minority coach hired in that offseason. When Flores was fired, Grier wasn't. And Grier hired a minority coach to replace Flores. That's a big hole in the "I was fired b/c of racial discrimination" bucket.
Flores is the Kapernick of coaches, lose your job and now the social injustice. He is also suing Texans and they also hired a black HC

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who is saying Flores was fired because of racial discrimination?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really believe this centers around Tua who the Dolphins committed to by drafting him at the 1.5 over Herbert ( who looks much better). Flores resisted starting him over Ryan Fitzpatrick for a long time , feeling Fitz gave him a better chance to win. I'm sure there were discussions with Dolphins front office and Flores over the need to start Tua development and not only play him, but start him. Flores IMO saw this as putting him in a position to lose games and though he started Tua eventually he wasn't shy about bring in Fitz to save the day. Then the following year Flores was adamant about trading for troubled Deshaun Watson, which didn't get done ( wisely likely). This is all understandable and by that I mean Flores not believing in Tua and management thinking they had to give Tua opportunity and time before they jettison a asset that they used a 1.05 on. It's really to bad that Flores just couldn't have moved on to his next chance and instead decides he needs to cause a shit storm because he lost his job over this and throwing out mostly baseless accusations and the race card ( oh the irony of him using that). Oh well this will be behind us a some point.

Steelers senior defensive assistant Brian Flores said Monday that "race played a role" in his firing as Dolphins head coach.​

It's the first time Flores has directly cited race as a reason for his stunning dismissal after three years at the helm in Miami. “What I mean by that is, there were things I was asked to do. There were conversations that were had. I was made out to be a difficult person to work with. ... I’m a strong personality. I know that played a role," Flores, who was hired last week by the Steelers as a defensive coach, said on the I Am Athlete podcast. "I think my white counterparts wouldn’t have been asked to do the things I was asked to do.” Dolphins owner Stephen Ross has dismissed Flores' accusations as "false, malicious, and defamatory." Flores' lawsuit against several NFL teams and the league is ongoing.

Who is saying Flores was fired because of racial discrimination?
@Southieinnc see the quote above yours.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the guy has unfortunately lost his mind. All of the comments above are dead on. Grier has taken a lot of heat but perhaps Flo had more control than most believed.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really sure where this all ends up. Draft pick penalties for the teams? Fines for the teams? I don't believe there is anything legal that you have to show cause to fire someone or hire someone, just league guidelines. Dirty pool for sure, but...?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really sure where this all ends up. Draft pick penalties for the teams? Fines for the teams? I don't believe there is anything legal that you have to show cause to fire someone or hire someone, just league guidelines. Dirty pool for sure, but...?
I'm not putting much stock into the racial thing. I am highly curious if he has proof about the pay to lose thing.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone notice how quiet @FFF has been since this story broke?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not putting much stock into the racial thing. I am highly curious if he has proof about the pay to lose thing.
Ditto. The tanking charge might have some legs or might be more BS. Need a lot more proof then whats been presented thus far. Seems more of a nuisance lawsuit to me.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ditto. The tanking charge might have some legs or might be more BS. Need a lot more proof then whats been presented thus far. Seems more of a nuisance lawsuit to me.
We have "chosen sides" Nothing we can do untill evidence is presented
I promise to find the defended guilty if they settle!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest move by Goodell is to try to take this suit to arbitrage - with Goodell as arbiter!

That's some funny shit after the way he handled deflategate!

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest move by Goodell is to try to take this suit to arbitrage - with Goodell as arbiter!

good

this nonsense needs to die

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Goodells inaction with Snyder and the Redskins/Team/Commanders, I wouldn't be surprised if Congress doesn't dig into this too.

Jim Jordan questioned him on why Portnoy is banned from stadiums.