• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Expansion Cities

Which two cities most deserve an MLB team if/when they next expand?

• Nashville

• Charlotte

• Montreal

• Portland

• Las Vegas

• Mexico City

• New Orleans

• Jacksonville

• San Antonio

• Salt Lake City

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which New York team are you contracting?
You would assume the Mets. But the big problem with that alignment is that it spreads the teams more evenly across the country but that doesn't match up with the population. Baseball is more of a local sport because there are so many games. People aren't buying season tickets to drive 3 hours every night. And people already complain of the advantage that teams in bigger markets like New York or LA have. Imagine if they have less competition.

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Mets have a pretty big fan base and they would be quite upset about contracting their team.
Also, I must assume that you are contracting the White Sox, Angels, Guardians, Rangers and A's.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the Phillies are the oldest mlb organization still in their original city so contracting them, while keeping say, Kansas City doesn't seem like a wise move.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tampa is really onto something with their deal with Montreal... For the smaller market teams, splitting home games between two cities could be huge....

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the MLBPAS agreeing to any contraction plan unless roster sizes are increased dramatically.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the Phillies are the oldest mlb organization still in their original city so contracting them, while keeping say, Kansas City doesn't seem like a wise move.

Oldest franchise in same city of all major sports, I believe

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about the oldest team is a trivia question where the answer changes depending on which dive bar you are in and how the question is worded. The Reds were an original team but they folded for a few years and came back. The Chicago team that is now the Cubs was also part of the first 8 team but they were originally called something else. I think the Phillies claim is that they are the team with the longest stretch with the same name in the same city.
But for this discussion my point was that the Phillies should be included in the 20 teams. It is probably going to seem like the league is more heavily weighted to the eastern part of the US, but that is just because that is where the most people are. Also on a more personal note, I would be worried about the Phanatic. What other job would he be qualified to do?

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about the oldest team is a trivia question where the answer changes depending on which dive bar you are in and how the question is worded. The Reds were an original team but they folded for a few years and came back. The Chicago team that is now the Cubs was also part of the first 8 team but they were originally called something else. I think the Phillies claim is that they are the team with the longest stretch with the same name in the same city.
But for this discussion my point was that the Phillies should be included in the 20 teams. It is probably going to seem like the league is more heavily weighted to the eastern part of the US, but that is just because that is where the most people are. Also on a more personal note, I would be worried about the Phanatic. What other job would he be qualified to do?

President of the United States?

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cubs and Reds there longer, and that's just baseball

Not continuously operating as such though.

Reds were booted out of the NL for the 1881 season, and the Cubs weren't known as the Cubs until 1903 , a full 20 years after the Phillies took their name.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montreal and Vegas for me. I think Montreal gets another due to the shaft the last time.

Vegas since MLB would want to get in on the NFL/NHL action there.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no expansion
only contraction or relocation

tampa
oakland

No more teams East of the Mississippi

Vegas and Vancouver