• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Excessive Fielder?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone willing to bet he'll say the comments were taken out of context?

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
anyone willing to bet he'll say the comments were taken out of context?

Why would he? He wants a deal with at least 6 years and at least $120 million and the Brewers have been so busy handing out money to Braun and Corey Hart and Rickie Weeks that they missed Fielder. If Milwaukee was serious about keeping Fielder, he would have his contract already. But he does not and he will not even get an offer from the Brew Crew.

He will become a free agent and get a large deal from the Angels or the Nats or the Orioles this off season.

He should be a Giant in 2012, but he won't be thanks to Zito and Huff and Rowand.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
When the Brewers re-signed Braun to his extension, it was basically saying FU to Prince.

Can you imagine you're in your free agent year, you're one of the most productive players in the league and will be a huge free agent target. And your team instead invests 145 million through 2020 on your teammate who wasn't even a free agent for 3 more years..

At that point, there is no doubt you're done in Milwaukee.

IMO, the Brewers are just as responsible. Braun wasn't going anywhere. They basically said they had the money, just not for Prince.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Brewers re-signed Braun to his extension, it was basically saying FU to Prince.

This ... but I don't believe it's that simple. Management is not stupid. I personally believe there was a reason. Call it chemistry or whatever, but when you have a talent of that level and you don't tender an offer there is a reason. I tend to compare this to the AJ fiasco. I really didn't care what his stats were or what he could contribute to the team. All Star catcher or not - he was a prick and a cancer on our team. I would have let him walk before tendering an offer. I'm not saying Fielder is like that but it makes you wonder. As another poster mentioned (Cal maybe) with his team entering the playoffs he could have handled this much differently.

the_broom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This ... but I don't believe it's that simple. Management is not stupid. I personally believe there was a reason. Call it chemistry or whatever, but when you have a talent of that level and you don't tender an offer there is a reason. I tend to compare this to the AJ fiasco. I really didn't care what his stats were or what he could contribute to the team. All Star catcher or not - he was a prick and a cancer on our team. I would have let him walk before tendering an offer. I'm not saying Fielder is like that but it makes you wonder. As another poster mentioned (Cal maybe) with his team entering the playoffs he could have handled this much differently.

Sound thinking, here...Fielder on this team plain worries me. Setting aside what could be some real health issues down the road due to his weight...his apparant attitude just reeks of selfishness...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he? He wants a deal with at least 6 years and at least $120 million and the Brewers have been so busy handing out money to Braun and Corey Hart and Rickie Weeks that they missed Fielder. If Milwaukee was serious about keeping Fielder, he would have his contract already. But he does not and he will not even get an offer from the Brew Crew.

He will become a free agent and get a large deal from the Angels or the Nats or the Orioles this off season.
He should be a Giant in 2012, but he won't be thanks to Zito and Huff and Rowand.

Or the Cards, or Texas, heck maybe even the Dodgers.

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why? He took alot less money to stay with the Brewers, no one can blame the Brewers for locking up one of the sickest hitters in the game. Extending a guy that will get the $$ Fielder will isn't easy (STL and Pujols).

Also, look for Toronto to be a big player in the Prince sweepstakes.

Speaking of Toronto, Brett Lawrie is a BAD man.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Why? He took alot less money to stay with the Brewers, no one can blame the Brewers for locking up one of the sickest hitters in the game. Extending a guy that will get the $$ Fielder will isn't easy (STL and Pujols).

I'm not saying it was the wrong move, just that they had to pick between the two. Braun is the logical choice because he can a.) play multiple positions, b.) is as good with the bat, and c.) he's not fat as fuck.

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying it was the wrong move, just that they had to pick between the two. Braun is the logical choice because he can a.) play multiple positions, b.) is as good with the bat, and c.) he's not fat as fuck.

True that homie

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Dude is an incredible douchebag** in real life, but there's no denying that frat boy can rake. For the record, I don't care how much of a douche he is, I picked him up in JUNE on my fantasy team and held onto him all season because I knew the kid was going to succeed.

**Evidence of his douchebaggery: Brewers get Marcum from Toronto for Brett Lawrie, Lawrie revealed as tool | Miller Park Drunk

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dude is an incredible douchebag** in real life, but there's no denying that frat boy can rake. For the record, I don't care how much of a douche he is, I picked him up in JUNE on my fantasy team and held onto him all season because I knew the kid was going to succeed.

**Evidence of his douchebaggery: Brewers get Marcum from Toronto for Brett Lawrie, Lawrie revealed as tool | Miller Park Drunk

Imagine how not shitty the Giants O would be if we had Bautista, Lowrie, and Rasmus....

Gotta give the Jays Gm credit for building such a solid middle of the order for practically Marcum and some scrubs.

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch, the ab photo and Eminem tattoo is pretty stupid. I lost a little respect but I'm a big fan of his.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And, of course, most important:

d) :kev:

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, of course, most important:

d) :kev:

Hebrew hammer baby

Well for now, gp is in the process of copyrighting the word hammer.

Last edited by a moderator: