• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Even in 2000, Ownership was Cheap

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Fact or Two:

1991 Draft:

With the 11th Pick we chose Shawn Estes...13th and 14th picks were Manny Ramirez and Cliff Floyd...lol.

35th Round Pick for Mariners: Steve McNair
51st Round Pick for Mariners: Mark Fields (For you Coug fans...both of you)

Aw, Estes. Had his prospect card back in the day. Remember him as a one hit wonder pitcher for the Giants in '97. Actually surprised to see he was a 100 game winner over 13 seasons. Though that more proves that left handed pitchers aren't always judges at the same performance levels as right handers, since there's so few of them.

I guess he's a great example of how bad the Mariners were at this whole trading thing. Estes wasn't a world beater by any means (especially outside 1997) but its hard to imagine that the Mariners could be considered winning that trade for Salomon Torres.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aw, Estes. Had his prospect card back in the day. Remember him as a one hit wonder pitcher for the Giants in '97. Actually surprised to see he was a 100 game winner over 13 seasons. Though that more proves that left handed pitchers aren't always judges at the same performance levels as right handers, since there's so few of them.

I guess he's a great example of how bad the Mariners were at this whole trading thing. Estes wasn't a world beater by any means (especially outside 1997) but its hard to imagine that the Mariners could be considered winning that trade for Salomon Torres.

I was surprised by his wins as well. I thought he was a bigger flop than that but was actually serviceable with Giants. Good ole Torres. Giants pulled a Yankee move on us by overhyping him and M's biting.