• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN reporting CP3 traded for Gasol and Odom

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What was Houston thinking?? Gasol is an upgrade but not to that much of an upgrade from Scola. I guess they were probably too concerned that he was undersized in his position or something. Hornets get okay talent back. Denver did a better job of dealing last year, in my opinion

Marco Doubypops

Road Commentary Specalist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My early impression is that LA will actually be worse-off for this trade, I'll give a full expplination when I'm done listening to El Camino, which is off the chain, fellas.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My early impression is that LA will actually be worse-off for this trade, I'll give a full expplination when I'm done listening to El Camino, which is off the chain, fellas.

I think LA is really trying to make the Bynum to D12 trade to complement this one. If that doesn't work out then I'm close to agreeing with MDP that they're worse off. Gasol's role on that team shouldn't be underestimated. And to be honest, Fisher didn't play that poorly as the quarterback of that team. Sure, speedy PGs like Barea and Brooks torched him, but on the whole, he did well for the Lakers. We'll have to see how this unfolds.

As for El Camino, love the Black Keys...prefer Brothers, but am thoroughly enjoying the record right now.

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is the first move in a series of moves from LA. One thing nobody is talking about, is that Gasol was owed almost 60 million the next 3 seasons, now LA will have that cleared off of their cap. So even if LA can't pull off a Bynum-D12 deal, by using their amnesty on Metta World Peace, they could have enough cap room to sign him out right. Then maybe they re-sign Paul too, and Bam you got your two super stars for the next generation in LA.

Does anybody know if this deal comes with Paul signing an extension in LA?

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I have no fucking clue why Houston made this deal.

How does having Pau Gasol as your #1 guy make you a better team? I don't get it, didn't Memphis try that half a decade ago? And didnt they barely make it out of the first round?

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, anybody else forgetting about this lockout pretty quickly?

I'm just jacked to have the season start now.

Eddy Curry in Miami!! Bosh is gonna get his leg gnawed off

CarlWinslow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
man chris paul is a fatass, hope phil jackson isn't on the acid again

froman77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the league just CANCELLED the deal. apparently the other owners werent too happy with it. wow

Marco Doubypops

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Marco Doubypops

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm glad this deal was vetoed. The Lakers have won enough championships.

This type of basketball ignorance is the problem.

The Lakers got the LEAST out of the deal. They were worse off with Paul than without him. Go watch the tape from their playoff runs... go ahead, I'll wait.

Good, now we both know that what you saw was NOT a Kobe-show. Kobe is good, but in both their championship runs, Derek Fisher played brilliantly. Not much worse than CP3 would do himself. Look at team chemistry. Half of the possessions Kobe takes the ball himself up the court, because his skill set thrives with complete possession of the ball. Paul would cut into that, and while he's be good and Kobe could slip under the radar at times, it's not as good as you think it would be.

As you've just watched the tapes, more than once, you probably remarked to yourself: "Wow! That combination of Gasol, Odom, and Bynum (occasionally) look really good together. Good thing they have three serviceable big men to keep fresh and dominate the paint."

They traded 2/3 of that line, leaving the worst one behind. They upgraded their backcourt marginally at the cost of blowing up their frontcourt, which was the primary reason they won 2 championships. They were tough and their big men had great fundamentals. That is the reason they won. And it was gone. New Orleans was well-off after that deal, they got good pieces and a 1st rounder. The Rockets built their team out of spare parts for years, and finally when they were going to get a hot commodity, the plug was pulled.

The NBA is ENTIRELY worse off for this being vetoed.

Aren't you glad you went and looked at those tapes? Now you don't have to be all "Herp derp... Paul in LA means championship... hurrrrrrrrrr durrrr, I'm an idiot.". Doesn't that feel better?