• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eric Wright

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw two plays in which he absolutely whiffed. Kind of worried about the guy. Did anyone else notice him making a play?

Termaine Brock gave up that one TD, but he was over matched by a much larger WR, and you could see his limitation against such receivers on that play. But overall he played very well as did the secondary as a whole. I honestly couldn't be happier with the secondary and their play this year. A very pleasant surprise.

I just worry that we release Nnamdi (who I thought played well when he was healthy, I know others disagree) and seem so attached to Eric Wright. I hope he proves me wrong, but I have noticed on several plays I see a defensive back look lost or out of position and I am like who is number 34? Oh yeah, thats Wright. Has he made one good play yet?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock gave up the TD to the TE Cook, who I believe is like 6'5 or 6'6. Brock had no shot.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
didn't notice much on Wright but if he did have problems, IMO not surprising. cause he's easing into this D and getting comfortable. but from here on he should certainly be improving, having game reps now plus being a vet.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock gave up the TD to the TE Cook, who I believe is like 6'5 or 6'6. Brock had no shot.

Oh was that a TE, I just noticed he dwarfed Brock.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen anything great from Him. Atleast Cox would give us a good game every now and then.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was Brian Quick not Jared Cook that caught the TD

My bad, I went back and watched and you are right. I don't know why I thought it was Cook. Either way, the dude was pretty big.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My bad, I went back and watched and you are right. I don't know why I thought it was Cook. Either way, the dude was pretty big.

Culliver struggles against big receivers too. And fast receivers for that matter regardless of size. As a matter of fact that same receiver (Brian Quick) did a damage against Cully last year during our home game against the Rams. We need to draft a corner early in next year's draft. No later than the 2nd round (I don't trust Wright and I sure as hell do not trust Culliver. Never did).

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Culliver struggles against big receivers too. And fast receivers for that matter regardless of size. As a matter of fact that same receiver (Brian Quick) did a damage against Cully last year during our home game against the Rams. We need to draft a corner early in next year's draft. No later than the 2nd round (I don't trust Wright and I sure as hell do not trust Culliver. Never did).

You know, I might have disagreed with you about culliver last year. But seeing as how our secondary seems to be playing better with him not playing. I can't really argue.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think our improved secondary play is more or Reid being better in coverage than Goldson than Cully not being in there.

Also seems like Whitner is playing better in coverage than last year as well.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I might have disagreed with you about culliver last year. But seeing as how our secondary seems to be playing better with him not playing. I can't really argue.

I actually think that Brooks' emergence as a consistent defensive contributor at a Pro Bowl level has more to do with our secondary's success then the actual play of the secondary. Reid is an upgrade over Goldson and Whitner has been solid, but as I said, Brooks's disruptive pass rush has a lot to do with the improvement.

With that said, I would love the Niners to draft 1-2 CB within the first three rounds of this year's draft.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think our improved secondary play is more or Reid being better in coverage than Goldson than Cully not being in there.

Also seems like Whitner is playing better in coverage than last year as well.

Whitner said the biggest difference between Goldson and Reid was Reid's communication ability. Whitner calls the plays, but Reid sees things and communicates them much better than Goldson did. I think that's a big part of why the secondary in general, and Whitner in particular, have played better this year.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I actually think that Brooks' emergence as a consistent defensive contributor at a Pro Bowl level has more to do with our secondary's success then the actual play of the secondary. Reid is an upgrade over Goldson and Whitner has been solid, but as I said, Brooks's disruptive pass rush has a lot to do with the improvement.

With that said, I would love the Niners to draft 1-2 CB within the first three rounds of this year's draft.

Not sure I agree with this, as Brooks' improvements have coincided with a complete dropoff in production by Aldon. In sum, I think our pass rush is worse this year than last year.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give Eric Wright a little more time. He's just getting back into the swing of things.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gotta give Eric Wright a little more time. He's just getting back into the swing of things.

agree, believe he got a few reps against the skins, then played yesterday? so his "back into the swing" has started but not quite there.

but it should accelerate from here on, faster than a rookie.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Whitner said the biggest difference between Goldson and Reid was Reid's communication ability. Whitner calls the plays, but Reid sees things and communicates them much better than Goldson did. I think that's a big part of why the secondary in general, and Whitner in particular, have played better this year.

It's not all due to Eric Reid. Most of it had to do with the fact that he was receptive towards constructive criticism. After the SB lost to the Ravens, he made it his business to improve that part of his game. Again, the addition of Reid helped, but that is not the main factor as to why.

Donte Whitner discusses contract, coverage improvement with the C | Chat49ers.com

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch: