• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

elias marty

Status
Not open for further replies.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Have to be the 2 least clutch players that are considered "great". It's really amazing

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lol dude that was the typical Marty softie.

Elias leads all devils offensive stats man the fuck up and take charge! No wonder they took the c off him. Guy is invisible when he is the most talented threat the devils have out there.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wait was that goal not soft? If moose gave it up would it be soft

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've been following the devils a long time and i have never seen them this bad. You would think 2 players who will have their numbers retired maybe even hof for elias. And they can't win a game out of 10

Add Lou to this thread too. It's amazing that this team has just set the record for longest losing streak in history. That's pretty impressive stat. Lous deadline pickup Sullivan is a complete waste yet Lou keeps going to the ex devils well. While just throwing picks away yeah I know its a late rounder. But still he has to step down

Last edited by a moderator:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To say they're not clutch is silly. Elias has scored many big time goals over the years, and isn't he tied or holding the lead for most overtime goals? As for Marty, did you watch the playoffs last year? He's the reason we got to the finals, on top of his past accomplishments. I get that you're annoyed, but to say they're not clutch? Come on man, you're better than that.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gives these guys a break! They have put in fantastic careers and have more than enough clutch plays. The problem is they are towards the end of their careers and everyone expects them to play like they did 10 years ago without any other help. Ain't gonna happen.

And even with that, Marty is still pretty darned good at age 40 almost 41...

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sorry but to be hof worthy and great IMO you have to be clutch through your career. How many times have we seen a Marty goal like that. Yeah sure Marty was clutch in some games last year what about the 9 playoff years before that. Same with Elias guy is a great 2b but nothing more. The team just set a record that stood for 20 years when this team was still Micky mouse. What's this the 4th shutout this stretch? Sorry but they don't get a pass. Hang it up then if you dont or can't lead anymore

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm mad too, but to see they aren't clutch is ignoring the majority of their careers. Maybe Elias should retire as it seems like he doesn't have it anymore. But he doesn't exactly have help. And age DOES matter.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
like i said elias has been a great 2b guy the guy that is outside of the spot light but imo he hasnt been clutch when this team has needed him the most in recent history. dude last year had 8 points in going to the finals. that was good enough to be behind the studs like poni/clarkson/zidlicky/zurbus. and only 1 point ahead of career 3rd liners gio/bernier/carter. i honestly cant think of a player less clutch then elias when considering his "greatness" game 7 philly was a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago.

marty yeah he was clutch in the playoffs last year but lets not forget the 9 years before that. so what are we talking about here these guys being clutch for half their careers?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
also lets just say it was kovy in the lineup elias out and he goes 9 straight losses only scoring 1g 1a during that stretch. what would everyone be saying then? but elias mr devil gets a pass right? sorry but being a ufa wanting that one farewell contract he needs to show that he cant still play

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey hey... we're bettering out draft stock... this is a good outcome... we need to lose out to force Lou's hand and mind of the NHL today...

Status
Not open for further replies.