• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (2019)

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's like the point of an epilogue though. It's not really suppose to set up more. It just takes elements from the main story and ties everything up. At the end of BB, Jesse's story was left open ended. It didn't really need to be closed, but that's what the epilogue was for.

Idk it just struck me as unnecessary in general and didn't really tie up much other than where Jesse moved afterwards. It was cool for nostalgia I guess but meh otherwise.

I mean the entire movie is basically Jesse taking Todd's stash money and the vacuum guy shipping him to Alaska with it. Did that really need a 2 hour movie or to be said at all? Is any of that really a loose enough end that it needs to be tied? It just came off to me as some overt way of pushing 5 minute long cameos into a 2 hour movie with little substance to draw up netflix $$$

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's like the point of an epilogue though. It's not really suppose to set up more. It just takes elements from the main story and ties everything up. At the end of BB, Jesse's story was left open ended. It didn't really need to be closed, but that's what the epilogue was for.

Isn't it still?

I mean at the end of BB we knew he escaped. I think we all assumed that he got/would get away and restart his life. I also think we all knew that he couldn't stay in New Mexico or surrounding areas. And lastly, I think we all knew that he wouldn't stay in the drug world and would close that chapter of his life for good. I mean he had been saying that for like 3 seasons or so lol.

So this movie really just did what I already thought he did or would do. I actually turned to the wife afterwards and said, I think it would have been better if he went on to build his own empire, but I also realize that isn't realistic given the setting.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk it just struck me as unnecessary in general and didn't really tie up much other than where Jesse moved afterwards. It was cool for nostalgia I guess but meh otherwise.

I mean the entire movie is basically Jesse taking Todd's stash money and the vacuum guy shipping him to Alaska with it. Did that really need a 2 hour movie or to be said at all? Is any of that really a loose enough end that it needs to be tied? It just came off to me as some overt way of pushing 5 minute long cameos into a 2 hour movie with little substance to draw up netflix $$$
That is my complaint. Honestly, I enjoyed it but basically it ended the way we all assumed it did at the end of the series. It is equal to Toy Story 4, pretty good but completely unnecessary.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought it was very solid. Definitely makes me wish we had more. As a stand alone it wouldn't have been amazing or anything but a nice compliment to the show

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree that it isn't necessary. I liked it quite a bit.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally watched it. And I’m big enough BB fan to say I enjoyed it. It wasn’t BB, but that happens when you have 110 minutes to cover something vs seasons.

Did I really need it? No. I had Jesse ending up in Alaska from the end of Felina. That was the great thing about how they ended BB.

No matter, I still enjoyed stepping back into that world for a bit. The characters, the camera shots, even the music was classic Gilligan.

Totally worth the time. Just leave the rest of the characters and stories where they are now.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally watched it. And I’m big enough BB fan to say I enjoyed it. It wasn’t BB, but that happens when you have 110 minutes to cover something vs seasons.

Did I really need it? No. I had Jesse ending up in Alaska from the end of Felina. That was the great thing about how they ended BB.

No matter, I still enjoyed stepping back into that world for a bit. The characters, the camera shots, even the music was classic Gilligan.

Totally worth the time. Just leave the rest of the characters and stories where they are now.

Not sure "better call Saul" will give you that satisfaction

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. You are dead on. It was enjoyable as a fan, but clearly a cash grab project. Anyone else and I would bake them. Guess it’s proof to me that VG could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Ave, and I might not care. Lol

As for Todd.....the weight was tough as shit to put aside. A real continuity mess there.

But then....the deeper flashback scenes with Todd were phenomenal. I wouldn’t have thought he could get so substantially creepier. But he did. Maybe Plemons said piss off on the weight loss and....well....they needed his character in the movie. He still had the opie eyed motherfucker vibe down!

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fat Todd didn't throw me even a little bit, but I've seen Game Night.. and now we know exactly what happened to Jessie. A younger and then a much older looking Mike did a bit, though. But that's been a thing with BCS too. Nothing much they can do about that. People age. I don't care if it was a cash grab. It was a well-done one and 2 hours well spent.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure "better call Saul" will give you that satisfaction

Starting to wonder if this movie is why they put off season 5 of Saul. Saul wont start until Jan or Feb now instead of Sep/Oct when it was expected to.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They originally said movies, so expect more movies. Walter White isn't done either

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
El Camino will be aired on AMC on Feb. 16th with Saul returning on the 23rd.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
El Camino will be aired on AMC on Feb. 16th with Saul returning on the 23rd.

I think the last 2 seasons of Saul will be much better as they get closer to the BB timeline. Hopefully we will even gt some overlap.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the last 2 seasons of Saul will be much better as they get closer to the BB timeline. Hopefully we will even gt some overlap.
I like Saul better than Breaking Bad, but both are tremendous, these next two seasons should be the best Saul episodes.