• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Edwards Spotted Watching Practice

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the talk on Ronald Johnson he might be able to overtake Morgan. If not will be nice to have 4 decent wider recievers. Throw in Ginn and Ziegler not bad at all.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron is sounding like a sleeper so far.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so. I really do. Everything i've read about him since camp has started has been very positive.

TVNiner12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I really hope Ronald Johnson develops into something...I believe we drafted Morgan in the 6th round(?) and while not a number 1 type of receiver, he's definitely developed into a contributor.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#49ers TE Vernon Davis: "Bringing (in) a guy like Braylon Edwards would be a big help to us if he decides to come."
TweetDeck • 8/3/11 6:19 PM

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Going back to his college days he has been one of the hardest athletes on the planet for me to root for. Then he opens his mouth sometimes and it's been almost impossible. Crazy to think he could wind up with the 49ers after all. I'll guess he goes somewhere else though?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will find out soon.

arsenal6106

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy.

Free agent Braylon Edwards could end up facing legal trouble for his role in a fight that broke out at a Birmingham, Michigan bar over the weekend.
Two members of Edwards' now infamous entourage allegedly assaulted bar employees with knives and forks (seriously). Edwards wasn't arrested at time because police were concentrating on breaking up the fight, but two of his cousins have been charged with felonious assault. A statement from the bar indicates Edwards was involved, perhaps an instigator. Edwards is still on probation for assault in Cleveland, so he has more than just his free agent value on the line here.
Source: Birmingham Eccentric
Aug 3, 5:13 PM

smh..You guys still want him?

Seattle FortyNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thought that was the best signing of the draft for the Niners (dont know much about Hunter). I watched A LOT of USC games over the last couple years: Ronald Johnson has to be one of the better route runners I've seen from a program that produces quality NFL players. Really excited about him next year. Think he could be a nice #3 as a rookie.

Seattle FortyNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ron is sounding like a sleeper so far.

My favorite draft pick by the Niners this year. Watched A LOT of USC games the last few years (best friend is a die hard fan), and Ronald has to be one of the best polished WRs to come out of USC. Very excited to see him and praying he stays injury free.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I remember a few people calling for him to be the number one pick in 05. Idk, I think he can be a more than decent pick-up if he behaves himself.

We should have drafted Derrick Johnson.

I would love this Edwards signing though.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh don't start that again, haha. DJ for president huh?

CGregg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Edwards would be a good addition to this team... A lot of people have already written off Crabtree, but maybe bringing in a player who can (and probably will) take his #1 spot away will push crabtree too better himself and actually get on the field in pre-season...

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
As a Notre Dame fan watching the USC game last year I was very relieved when Ron Johnson dropped that pass which would have likely ended the game with a USC winning TD. However, as with any USC player joining the 49ers, I hope Johnson and Mays can make the sky the limit.

On a side note, any new news on the Edwards front?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been quiet which gives me the feeling he left without signing, donno if we even made an offer.

yehyeh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's still early, he's probably still sleeping from his rough night last night.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Notre Dame fan watching the USC game last year I was very relieved when Ron Johnson dropped that pass which would have likely ended the game with a USC winning TD. However, as with any USC player joining the 49ers, I hope Johnson and Mays can make the sky the limit.

On a side note, any new news on the Edwards front?

Thats funny... my nickname is L-Train. Is it yours too?? Im a USC fan and I couldn't believe he dropped that ball. A case of being too open. I was saying Rojo was gonna be a good slot wide out before the draft. I didn't expect him to come to the Niners though. I thought he would fit great with a team that uses the slot wide out a lot so I thought a team like the Colts or Pats would snag him.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My favorite draft pick by the Niners this year. Watched A LOT of USC games the last few years (best friend is a die hard fan), and Ronald has to be one of the best polished WRs to come out of USC. Very excited to see him and praying he stays injury free.

I thought the opposite. I didn't like that pick all that much. I didn't HATE it, but I sure wasn't excited about it.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yea - my nick name is Ltrain as well! It's a pretty good nick name - especially considering all the other ones out there. Here's to hoping the ND-USC rivalry gets back to where it should be!